Author Topic: Regarding the new gloves  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Armycook_of_KSantiago

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • No mercy! No retreat! No remorse!
    • View Profile
Regarding the new gloves
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:44:37 am »
+3
because of the clipping issues with gauntlets, devs added these "gloves", which are basically original gauntlets without arm guards
It looks very good and solved the clipping issue, but the thing is i will have to get 3 more lps to get my new black&white gloves to +3
i think everyone should get a free pair of the "glove"version of their original gauntlet + 3, so if i own a pair of + 3 black gauntlets, i should get a pair of +3 black and white gloves. Because the arm guard and glove of a set of gauntlets are actually detachable, so we can actually choose to have the arm guards or not irl. But too bad in CRPG achieving that will need a lot of work, so can we just get a free pair of "glove" version instead?
plz make it happen!
sorry for my broken english.
 New Glove version
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Old Gauntlet version
Dinner is served!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: Regarding the new gloves
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:53:02 am »
+9
Oh good! Free masterworks!

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:14:02 am »
+4
I like your idea but the gloves have less armor, less weight, lower difficulty, and cost less than the original gauntlets so they are not the same item.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:23:26 am »
+4
What if the devs put up some (not too many) "trades" gloves for gauntlets on the marketplace.

Giving the opportunity to swap without introducing more looms to the economy
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 06:52:48 am »
+4
What if the devs put up some (not too many) "trades" gloves for gauntlets on the marketplace.

Giving the opportunity to swap without introducing more looms to the economy

because some grey order cunt, or other (insert PoS' name here)scum will take all the gloves and put them back up on the market for the same price, oh and of course a additional 500k fee.....

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 07:42:51 am »
Would definitely be cool to get a non-tradeable, perhaps even non-transferable +3 version of the corresponding gloves.

(click to show/hide)

I always wanted wisbies or black gloves without the corresbonding gauntlets, and I couldn't wait for them to be a part of this mod. I had hoped maybe one day i could find a way to edit the textures to remove the gauntlet, but never bothered. I tried on both the black gloves and wisby gloves the instant I saw them on the marketplace but since id been playing with my wisbies for 3 years, i missed the good ole polka-dot patterned gauntlet...  :oops:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 08:00:46 am »
Your idea is actually pretty solid and should seriuslly be considered. But I kinda get a wet dream when I imagine this being used for armors. Imagine the devs basically putting up talbards, chainmails, empty plate peices and such and players combining them to create their armor. Nomore bitching about new armors(or significantly reduced), shitton of new customizationoptions and nooone will look entirely same. It doesnt sound that impossible, I mean look at these for example:
(click to show/hide)
Im pretty sure this will never be added in Crpg and im quite positive its a little late for Battlegrounds. But for future preferences, someone should totally make it.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 08:25:59 am »
Why not just wait until our new best-cRPG-person Zagibu!!! implements more items and then we could request loom respec.

(click to show/hide)

Skyrim UI

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 10:46:35 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)
What is "scammy" about those traders?
They allow people not to wait few weeks to finally trade their looms for what they want to get. For that, they take some money.
I personally would gladly add 50-70k to get the loom I want quickly, not sure, maybe you prefer to wait a lot with our low market population and maybe after two weeks you'll get your "fair" trade...
Supply/demand rule is never wrong.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2492
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 02:59:14 pm »
+2
Why not just wait until our new best-cRPG-person Zagibu!!! implements more items and then we could request loom respec.

Well this is lobbying on my part, but I find loom respec silly way of dealing with things. All they should do is make leveling much faster and at the same time make increase needed XP for high levels (35 and beyond). That way, everyone will have the chance to get many masterworked items.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 03:08:12 pm »
Well this is lobbying on my part, but I find loom respec silly way of dealing with things. All they should do is make leveling much faster and at the same time make increase needed XP for high levels (35 and beyond). That way, everyone will have the chance to get many masterworked items.
Even sillier is letting things be like they are. I guess nobody wants to go through all of this again just to get 1 more +3 item, that's also why that system that I was thinking about would work better than what we have now. Never again would it be problematic that you change stats of items or add new ones or sth because people would be able to re-apply points after some time.

What is "scammy" about those traders?
They allow people not to wait few weeks to finally trade their looms for what they want to get. For that, they take some money.
I personally would gladly add 50-70k to get the loom I want quickly, not sure, maybe you prefer to wait a lot with our low market population and maybe after two weeks you'll get your "fair" trade...
Supply/demand rule is never wrong.

Also in my post I meant that there is no pleasant way of gaining anything in the game. Gaining loompoints through leveling feels a little like some sort of slavery (at least for me) and if you want to gain your loompoints to get some of the new items +3 then you have to interact with other players via marketplace which is either time consuming or you're going to end up with meh-deal (so you aren't really "gaining" much).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:29:31 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 03:29:00 pm »
+2

(click to show/hide)

What makes you think that I would be against a less restrictive loom system? I would love that. People shouldn't have to wait for several weeks on the marketplace until they get the item they like.

Same goes for respeccs and so on...

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »
What makes you think that I would be against a less restrictive loom system? I would love that. People shouldn't have to wait for several weeks on the marketplace until they get the item they like.

Same goes for respeccs and so on...

I don't know if you have anything against it but it would just remove the marketplace or at least looms from it, which means that you would have as many lps available with each loompoint reassign as you've earned via retiring +current_overwealth_compensation. This would leave people who are gen 15 and have 20-30MWs with way less MWs. Obviously some sort of formula that would adjust the amout of lps assigned to such people would take into account that those people had so much wealth (gold and MWs) so players that have been trading a lot would end up with significantly more wealth than they would if the formula was just based on the gens of the chars of the player.

tl;dr: Merchants would have less MWs but for anyone who isn't gaining benefits on marketplace it would be just better.

Now think about how many MWs you have now and how many you'd have only from retiring & from gold gained while playing and tell me how many MWs you'd have if the number was right between those numbers.

EDIT: http://forum.melee.org/selltrade/erzengel's-new-shop!/ <- from this link I have counted that you have 31 MWs of which 7 you are trading. You also have 6lps and 2 600 000 gold. I think you may like marketplace and it may have helped you, so you may be against closing it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:01:42 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 04:01:20 pm »
I don't know if you would have anything against it but it would just remove the marketplace or at least looms from it, which means that you would have as many lps available with each loompoint reassign as you've earned via retiring +current_overwealth_compensation. This would leave people who are gen 15 and have 20-30MWs with way less MWs. Obviously some sort of formula that would adjust the amout of lps assigned to such people would take into account that those people had so much wealth (gold and MWs) so players that have been trading a lot would end up with significantly more wealth than they would if the formula was just based on the gens of the chars of the player.

tl;dr: Merchants would have less MWs but for anyone who isn't gaining benefits on marketplace it would be just better.

Now think about how many MWs you have now and how many you'd have only from retiring & from gold gained while playing and tell me how many MWs you'd have if the number was right between those numbers.

Why would you take away looms from people who have worked hard for them? Who would profit from this? Nobody!

Sounds stupid in my opinion and will just piss off lots of players. Also no need to completly remove the marketplace.

Just allow everybody to transform a +1/+2/+3 item into 1/2/3 loompoints for a certain amount of gold (25/50/75k - 50/100/150k for example would be reasonable imo).

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 04:07:40 pm »
+2
trading is part of every society, the point of trading is making more money than you spend because otherwise it isn't worth your time. No need to remove that..