Author Topic: to all map creators and map managers  (Read 763 times)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
to all map creators and map managers
« on: January 17, 2014, 10:22:44 am »
+4
I usually don't come here very often but just wanted to mention you guys are doing an amazing job! I hear people complain way too often about unbalanced maps or that they don't like the new dtv, but they don't see how much you guys are doing.
There have been tons of new maps and even if they were not balanced the first time played, it's just awesome that they keep coming.

I would also like to add an appeal to you map makers here: I always love maps for.certain game modes that seem like they would be made for other game modes. They add diversity to the gameplay and the mode:
*indoor maps in dtv (i think they were not allowed before but in the new dtv some claustrophobic kind.of action would be pretty cool)
*castle maps on battle: this could be a nice way to roleplay a certain part of a siege (pick a part of a siege like a charge through the gates, siegetowers attacking the wall... And make a map for it)
*open maps in battle: now i know we had them.before and i guess they were removed for being imbalanced? But in fact I likes this kind of diversity. Examples from native are town riot and hot gates.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: to all map creators and map managers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:46:15 pm »
+1
These kind of threads are exactly what we need. When people create a thread, they either complain or make a new suggestion (or else). No one actually tells that they appreciate the work being done, and nowadays we really have people who want to work on improving cRPG (item managers/balancers and map managers/balancers). I am getting hooked to the mod once again after some months.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:04:25 am »
Battle with a castle it seems doable.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 08:27:50 am »
+1
*indoor maps in dtv (i think they were not allowed before but in the new dtv some claustrophobic kind.of action would be pretty cool)
*indoor maps in dtv (they were not allowed before some claustrophobic kind.of action would be)
*indoor maps in dtv (they were not allowed...claustrophobic
*indoor maps in dtv...they...claustrophobic
*indoor maps in dtv...claustrophobic
*indoor maps in dtv

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*claustrophobic

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 03:15:17 pm »
+1
Battle on Siege should be easy although i can guarantee you that this map will get a shitload of QQ and rage =P
Too many battle elitists around^^

Siege on battle maps would be hard, though. I like the idea and had it myself for quite some time, but it's hard to balance that without conquest. With more than 1 flag you could have several little forts that are kinda open and have them get captured 1by1 for example. In the normal siege more open maps might be a problem.

@indoor maps in dtv: Thranduil already did a cave-like map that will be in next patch. They were allowed though, just noone made them yet.