Exams and school
32 (8.4%)
Mod too old brah
113 (29.7%)
Other games
68 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 379

Voting closed: January 30, 2014, 05:28:47 pm

Author Topic: Number of players declining  (Read 19114 times)

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
Re: Number of players declining
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2014, 05:45:15 pm »
+2
New gamemodes would maybe boost activity for a week or a month tops. Playing public all day long is incredibly boring

The only way to keep a game alive is competative. True story
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2014, 05:50:02 pm »
So this thread is where all the Strat players comes an load off cause strat is dead atm  :?:

I dunno, but could be nice with a player count thingy like we did in the past, an check activity, cause to me the game doesn't feel like its dying.
Maybe because strat is paused an we get the hardcore grinders on eu1/2 who only used to play strat cause of XP.

Also plz gief us weapon kill stats again, would be fun to see :)
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2014, 05:50:46 pm »
+1
Or we need balancers who tell users with outright retarded opinions that they are wrong and that they won't remove classes because of a hurt superiority complex.

Sure keep on calling us retarded while you take years to see the problems right in front of your eyes, while making issues worse with your balancing
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2014, 05:55:17 pm »
-Battle, spend the whole round chasing mounted ranged, then die and watch grass grow for several minutes
Well, DTV is probably a better game mode to choose for those who like to chase mounted ranged.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2225
  • Infamy: 2146
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2014, 06:08:26 pm »
I dunno, but could be nice with a player count thingy like we did in the past, an check activity, cause to me the game doesn't feel like its dying.

Take in consideration that we lost couple of servers. Had EU4 with 20-30 players on average, EU5_New had at least 10 players on, during prime time, HRE_DTV had 10 or so, Siege was full when it was 80 man server, it used to be full as 120 man, battle used to be full on prime time. Also, there are players only during prime time, before that it's quite empty everywhere, only battle has players at that time (DTV has Chinese). After 12 pm, siege is dead. But most importantly, we had both holidays and double XP and steam sales which used to bring so many people to play.

It's definitely combination of mod being old and ranged. Because when those who don't play often and decide to give it a go (while being drunk), they quit after ten minutes because of ranged on battle/siege.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2146
  • Infamy: 793
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2014, 06:13:23 pm »
The "retirement of elders", I truly believe oldest players were tricked to leave the game with a couple of looms, as they found it the only way to get away from seeing their good old character investments are not worth playing anymore. I blame devs for this directly. You lost a good bunch of good and skilled players.

I don't understand this, care to explain a bit better?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2014, 06:15:06 pm »
+2
-Rageball, never played it, but it sapped development resources that could have been used for a "real" game mode

There are no "development resources". People work on this mod when they have fun doing it or not at all. The only things rageball did was giving 2 devs a bit more proficiency&confidence with using the MS and having cmp add more operations for us to use in it. That is a good thing. Playing it gave me lot of fun, xp and gold though and I don't think I am alone with that.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1362
  • Infamy: 2759
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2014, 06:16:36 pm »
Rageball was really fun when it was alive on EU side. Dunno why it dropped dead, wasn't active when that happened.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2014, 06:54:48 pm »
+3
There are no "development resources". People work on this mod when they have fun doing it or not at all. The only things rageball did was giving 2 devs a bit more proficiency&confidence with using the MS and having cmp add more operations for us to use in it. That is a good thing. Playing it gave me lot of fun, xp and gold though and I don't think I am alone with that.

Conquest had the potential to be a brilliant game mode; I'd say it was 75% there. I don't know what motivates each developer, but I would think completing one epic game mode as a team would be more fun, satisfying, and educational than tinkering with a "gimmick" game mode.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2014, 07:25:22 pm »
Rageball was great fun but at the same time highly frustrating because people kept treating it like a TDM server spoiling it a little. The ninja jumps flying slide tackles etc was great when an admin was on to boot the TDMers :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2014, 07:30:04 pm »
I have 0 motivation for conquest. Rageball was fun to tinker with. It depends on the interests of the dev. I had fun in rageball from a physics point of view and my interest in football. To implement air friction for the ball, starting from the forces, making a differential equation, converting it to a difference equation so the programm can work with it and thus putting stuff from lectures actually to use. That was fun to me. I just can't find the same motivation for conquest.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1690
  • Infamy: 2950
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2014, 07:35:41 pm »
Just for the record, when voting closes, topic will be closed too. Then you make from results whatever you want. Honestly, if I knew such high amount of players would participate in voting process, I would try to make a better poll. But I couldn't imagine such response.

Edit: Forgot one thing. Have I put one vote per account or not. Used default values, and believe that one vote per account is default. Or not?

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2014, 07:38:04 pm »
I don't understand this, care to explain a bit better?

Sure. Have a look at the hall of fame in the tavern, these are the people I'm talking about. I cannot say all of course, but many of them left the game by doing this ridiculous retirement bonus. They left because their long time character builds were either made useless by nerf after anoter, or they were bored. Maybe devs thought that this was a good way to encourage these old players to start all over again because their characters are useless now. But I guess it didn't work out as planned for many of them, as they left the game for good, distributing their looms even for free.

It started a wave for retiring and people couldn't dare to start all over again. Community lost many of its old, reasonable and skilled players. That was what I was trying to say ...

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2014, 07:39:43 pm »
to be fair most of those still play. The ones that quit did so long before and just came back to get on scoreboard (like Leed)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1198
  • Infamy: 639
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2014, 07:42:20 pm »
Sure. Have a look at the hall of fame in the tavern, these are the people I'm talking about. I cannot say all of course, but many of them left the game by doing this ridiculous retirement bonus. They left because their long time character builds were either made useless by nerf after anoter, or they were bored. Maybe devs thought that this was a good way to encourage these old players to start all over again because their characters are useless now. But I guess it didn't work out as planned for many of them, as they left the game for good, distributing their looms even for free.

It started a wave for retiring and people couldn't dare to start all over again. Community lost many of its old, reasonable and skilled players. That was what I was trying to say ...

Well, I might be a special case but... retired, gave away looms (big mistake), deleted char, wasn't here for almost 9 months, came back, started leveling from scratch, now almost back to level 35 with almost all the looms I desire.

It would be much easier if they decided to speed up the whole process, but this mod is developed by a person of germanic heritage, which means effort and work runs through his veins. Therefore we must not have an easy way and grind must be protected at all costs.