Author Topic: Horizon: Total Isolation. Could you handle it?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Horizon: Total Isolation. Could you handle it?
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:21:44 pm »
+2
For the first time in 40 years Horizon re-creates a controversial sensory deprivation experiment. Six ordinary people are taken to a nuclear bunker and left alone for 48 hours. Three subjects are left alone in dark, sound-proofed rooms, while the other three are given goggles and foam cuffs, while white noise is piped into their ears.

The original experiments carried out in the 1950s and 60s by leading psychologist Prof Donald Hebb, was thought by many in the North American political and scientific establishment to be too cruel and were discontinued.

Prof Ian Robbins, head of trauma psychology at St George's Hospital, Tooting, has been treating some of the British Guantanamo detainees and the victims of torture who come to the UK from across the world. Now he evaluates the volunteers as their brains undergo strange alterations.

apart from the people being a bit odd (the women is craazy) Do you think you could handle 48 hours in those conditions without cracking up a little or seeing things? :D. How long do you think you could last ? 3-5 days a few weeks?

Le youtube links

(click to show/hide)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
Re: Horizon: Total Isolation. Could you handle it?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 04:45:56 pm »
+8
My addiction to c-rpg would kick in within 5 mins and i would start having withdrawl symptons.

(click to show/hide)
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 06:24:02 pm »
Worst thing would be the boredom. 48 hours in pitch black with nothing to do? Gay.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 07:27:03 pm »
+4
I can tell you already, any prediction about what would happen, from anyone except those that already did it, isn't worth jack shit.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 08:37:16 pm »
Yes I can.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 08:39:09 pm »
The dark room sounds fun, the goggles/white noise would be a bummer.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:28 pm »
the woman deserves to be raped, not even 5 sec without lights for god's sake. btw i always used white noises to focus while studying (placebo lol)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 08:57:16 pm »
+6
I spent a night in a drunk tank, half-naked with no blanket after being pepper sprayed. Does that count?
And how!

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 07:53:08 pm »
+1
I honestly do not want to find out...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 08:07:00 pm »
hmm it doesn't look that hard to me from here, i mean knowing it's a test and that there are all the precautions needed i know for sure i wouldn't get mad like the lady even before i started. the only thing i would be worried about is the toilet. and poop. because today i had diarrhea, and almost pooped in a public place (luckily i didn't).
sorry am i the only one that when poops with guests around coughs to cover the sound of the poop falling in the water?

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 08:10:23 pm »
+4
In 1957, with funding from a CIA front organization, Dr. Ewan Cameron of the Allan Memorial Institute in Montreal, Canada began MKULTRA Subproject 68.[129] His experiments were designed to first "depattern" individuals, erasing their minds and memories—reducing them to the mental level of an infant—and then to "rebuild" their personality in a manner of his choosing.[130] To achieve this, Cameron placed patients under his "care" into drug-induced comas for up to 88 days, and applied numerous high voltage electric shocks to them over the course of weeks or months, often administering up to 360 shocks per person. He would then perform what he called "psychic driving" experiments on the subjects, where he would repetitively play recorded statements, such as "You are a good wife and mother and people enjoy your company", through speakers he had implanted into blacked-out football helmets that he bound to the heads of the test subjects (for sensory deprivation purposes). The patients could do nothing but listen to these messages, played for 16–20 hours a day, for weeks at a time. In one case, Cameron forced a person to listen to a message non-stop for 101 days.[130] Using CIA funding, Cameron converted the horse stables behind Allen Memorial into an elaborate isolation and sensory deprivation chamber which he kept patients locked in for weeks at a time.[130] Cameron also induced insulin comas in his subjects by giving them large injections of insulin, twice a day, for up to two months at a time.[112] Several of the children who Cameron experimented on were sexually abused, in at least one case by several men. One of the children was filmed numerous times performing sexual acts with high-ranking federal government officials, in a scheme set up by Cameron and other MKULTRA researchers, to blackmail the officials to ensure further funding for the experiments.[131]
"The frequent screams of the patients that echoed through the hospital did not deter Cameron or most of his associates in their attempts to depattern their subjects completely."
John D. Marks, The Search for the Manchurian Candidate, Chapter 8[132]
The CIA leadership had serious concerns about these activities, as evidenced in a 1957 Inspector General Report, which stated:
Precautions must be taken not only to protect operations from exposure to enemy forces but also to conceal these activities from the American public in general. The knowledge that the agency is engaging in unethical and illicit activities would have serious repercussions in political and diplomatic circles ...
—1957 CIA Inspector General Report[133]

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 08:32:47 pm »
+1
sounds like a good guy. are they sure they didnt recruit and rename  Mengele :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 08:33:35 pm »
Muricans and their twisted morals, nothing new...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 08:37:33 pm »
+1
Gotta love the one that lucidly tells the camera "Guys I'm hallucinating now"

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 08:49:13 pm »
+1
I know what it means to be robbed of your freedom, but being robbed of your sensor input as well? I don't think I could make it a full day.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?