Author Topic: EDM Dance Party  (Read 9624 times)

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Lifetime ruler of the Fallopian Kingdom
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (MM) MenstrualMonsoon
  • Game nicks: MrFistYoGirl, BlumpkinThePumpkinKing, JAGUAR_DICKSKIN, Chef_Squirt
EDM Dance Party
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:30:51 am »
+10
So there are a few music threads on here that I'm a big fan of!  You guys have shown me some amazing music over the years that I still listen to!  However, I predominately listen to EDM and I was hoping we could share more music with each other, specific to that genre.  Since people seem to love it or hate it (generally speaking), I figured it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to EDM so that we can minimize it in the general music threads for the people who are annoyed by it.  Anyway here is a song from every sub genre that I've obsessed over in the past 6 months.  Hope you enjoy and I can't wait to listen to what you guys post!

I was also think along with the posted songs.  This could be a thread of discussion regarding which DJ's perform good live sets or some cool festivals/shows that one might not normally hear of otherwise. 

***Heads up.  There are a ton of songs in this spoiler.  Open at your own risk. 

I also just started a blog dedicated to similar music to this featuring things like

-New music
-Free Downloads (When Available)
-Announcements for Remix Competitions and Stem Downloads for any producers
-Tour Dates
-Festival Lineup Announcements
-Live Stream Links
-Etc.

Here's the Link:
http://bassfordinner.tumblr.com

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:57:35 pm by spl00gedon »
How do you work this thing??

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrFistYoGirl, BlumpkinThePumpkinKing, JAGUAR_DICKSKIN, Chef_Squirt
Re: EDM Dance Party
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:34:52 am »
+1
Whoops! Almost forgot! Gotta throw it back to 2006 when I used to rave to this little number!

Happy Hardcore- DJ Hixxy- 24/7:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 01:38:09 pm »
+4
So there are a few music threads on here that I'm a big fan of!  You guys have shown me some amazing music over the years that I still listen to!  However, I predominately listen to EDM and I was hoping we could share more music with each other, specific to that genre.  Since people seem to love it or hate it (generally speaking), I figured it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to EDM so that we can minimize it in the general music threads for the people who are annoyed by it.  Anyway here is a song from every sub genre that I've obsessed over in the past 6 months.  Hope you enjoy and I can't wait to listen to what you guys post!

(click to show/hide)

Sad to say. Only you, me and some few others listens to EDM among the CRPG community lol i'd bet.

Here are a couples ones i really got a stiff one listening to.

Serge Devant feat. Hadley - Dice (Mario Larrea Remix)
(click to show/hide)

Nicky Romero feat.Krewella - Legacy (Radio Edit)
(click to show/hide)

Nitrogenics - True Rebel
(click to show/hide)

Pryda - Allein (Original Mix)
(click to show/hide)

Above & Beyond ft Richard Bedford - Sun & Moon (Radio Edit)
(click to show/hide)

Nadia Ali, Starkillers & Alex Kenji - Pressure (Alesso Remix)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:46:14 pm by LordBerenger »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 02:19:57 pm »
+1
I think i posted these to my Electronica thread already, but whatever:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 03:14:32 pm »
+1
I really don't listen to it much anymore because it makes me wanna party and I'm trying to be a good boi (no drugs, no alcohol) and being in electronic dance music state of mind I'm out every weekend with my hands in the air  :mrgreen:

I love everything and have been everywhere from underground jungle partys to psy-trance raves in the woods to Ministry od Sound type fancy places and big minimal techno parties and loved it all. Still love todays shit and can rock to it  :mrgreen:

I'll leave you with some of the cold classics I used to rock to

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 06:14:21 pm »
@Berenger- I think that may be the case as well but I'm hoping it isn't! haha.  I've been craving other avenues of music discovery.  The ol' beatport, youtube, thissongissick, sound cloud, and random googling has been getting old.  Same artists get siphoned through.  Soundcloud is def the best but it's tough to navigate sometimes.  Love that very first song btw! It's dope! DLing now.

@ptx- My bad.  To be honest I should have looked around first for another electronica thread, but I figured this could also be a forum to discuss live shows.  Like which DJ's are good live, vs. Dj's who aren't really worth.  For instance, (RE: Rave Is King by Fukk Off) this guy Le Castle Vania played here in AZ the summer before last and killed that song.  It was his remix but that was the first time I heard it and it made me want to DL the original too.  Great tune.  Amazing to hear live as well.  It was about 115 degrees on a stage set on top of an asphalt parking lot and people still were going crazy when it came on!  Big fan of the trance song you posted as well.  Going to DL that as well.

@Prpavi- Damn throwing it back!  I feel ya. I'm going to my first festival in about a year on the 15th of February.  EDM is so big now it makes partying to it even more expensive.  I used to go to warehouses with three stages for like 15 bucks, plus an extra 20 for my fun fee ;).  Now it's  at least 40 to see most of the artists I want and they just play solo with some shitty local DJ to open for them!  I'm truly jealous you went to ministry of sound! I've always wanted to go! How was it?

Speaking of amazing live performances.  I was able to see Bingo Players before one of their members died at the very same festival.  Not sure how, but at the time it was only 25 bucks hahaha.  Adrian Lux, Arty, Excision, Hardwell (Who "got the flu" and couldn't headline -_-), Bingo Players, Eric Prydz (Pryda), and I want to say like Noisia...  3 stages of heaven haha.

Bingo Players dropped this during their set:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 06:42:34 pm »
+2
Havent listened to Bingo Players in a while. Didnt one of the guys die?

Oh and also

Her name is Malena Morgan, Alanito. Just so you know before you go on your wild internet adventure.

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 07:32:13 am »
+1
Havent listened to Bingo Players in a while. Didnt one of the guys die?

Oh and also

Her name is Malena Morgan, Alanito. Just so you know before you go on your wild internet adventure.

Hahahaha dude I'm about to.  THen I'm going to try and marry this broad.  I love internet adventures.  This song is dope!

And yes. Unfortunately he did.  From cancer.  When I saw them they performed together though.

Also.  France is starting to pump out leet DJ's almost as fast as the Netherlands and the UK.  I've yet to hear a Tchami song that I dislike. 

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 06:37:25 am »
+3
These are alphabetical by artist. Not gonna try to list the "correct" genre. Just listen and if you like it then cool. They all make me want to dance.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline miggy

• Earl
  • Renown: 380
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • _\|/_
  • Faction: 1%
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 07:59:23 am »
+5

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 04:39:48 pm »
+2
Love this 1 after working out at the gym.

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 12:05:50 pm »
+1
These are alphabetical by artist. Not gonna try to list the "correct" genre. Just listen and if you like it then cool. They all make me want to dance.

(click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Haha I honestly just put the sub genres so that people kind of knew what they were getting into before they clicked it.  Maybe that ruins the surprise idk.  That third song almost sounds like Silversun Pickups.

Sooo my mom asked me what I've been listening to/what my generation listens to a few weeks ago.  I showed her this song.  Go by Mightfools. She almost started crying hahahahaha
(click to show/hide)

Psyched to see what this guy that just signed to monster cat is going to do! 
(click to show/hide)

And just so that we keep the lower bpms flown.  Would go crazy if I heard this in a club.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 09:28:40 am »

I was also think along with the posted songs.  This could be a thread of discussion regarding which DJ's perform good live sets or some cool festivals/shows that one might not normally hear of otherwise. 

(click to show/hide)

sadly i didnt hear reall haws or deep haws here..... :/
most of this tunes is comercial "music".....
 :(
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 08:42:34 pm »
+2

Adding my two cents with some D&B. Great tracks so far! Keep em coming!
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 09:00:09 pm »
+2
@spl00gedon Nah I was never in Ministry in London just didn't have the tiem, but there are lot's of MoS parties all over Europe especially in the summertime wuth some of their dj's spinning, but this was when Ministry meant shit not today with Basshunter and the likes...

I saw most of the acts/djs I wanted to see especially concerining dnb/jungle: Dj Hype, Shy FX, Noisia, Roni Size, LTJ Bukem, Zinc b2b Friction, Pendulum, Dilinja, John B...

I'll leave you with some dark remix from Noisia (probabaly my fav dark dnb song ever) and some chill tunes

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works