Poll

Would you like to Expand the Functions Available to Admins!

Yes
43 (59.7%)
No
29 (40.3%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Mass Admin Actions  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
Mass Admin Actions
« on: May 16, 2011, 04:31:15 am »
I was browsing some native mods last night and I came across the additional admin action addon. Now most of the actions that this little mod brings to the table CRPG already has, things like Admin messages, Chat to admins, etc. The functions that really caught my eye were the Mute all, Kill player, and Freeze player functions, as well as a few others like swapping players to teams and automatic kick function for teamkillers. These tools would give admins functions that would make the game more enjoyable for everyone and to help admins deal with problems in a timely and more efficient manner.

You can see some of the details I am talking about : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,141038.0.html

As one of the main admins for the NA servers, I have plugged countless hours watching over servers, seeing what works and what doesn't, and thinking about ways to improve how admins interact with players. It is no secret that the admins tools for CRPG and Mount and blade in general are lacking and inconvenient at best.

If you agree with me please Vote for this suggestion and if you hang our in IRC, Mention this thread to the devs!!!!

Offline Gondemar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Torayama clan, Ninja, ex-Shogunate, ex-Pecores
  • Game nicks: Torayama_Munemori (main) ; Satsujin_the_Unseen ; Gondemar_the_Fat
Re: Mass Admin Actions
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 04:55:10 am »
the "kill player" option might be good for players who get stuck, or stuff like that.
Like a first warning (but still, they'll keep their multiplier if their team won) before kick / ban.

Edit : Agree with the TK autokick. Not set up too low, but 3-4 TK might not be accidents, and it might help players be more carefull.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:58:20 am by Gondemar »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Way of the Samurai is found in death ; Torayama Clan
                          Munemori's armory

Offline downer

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: downer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 04:56:10 am »
What I like about this is the auto-kick for team killers. If you could set a threshold for it, at least. One TK on a map can be an accident, 2 can be carelessness, but 3 is cause for concern.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 04:58:08 am »
ya exactly implement go go go!!!!
Just a soldier

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 05:00:40 am »
Obviously the functions like healing and spawning weapons and armor would not be added, only the functions that would help an admin keep the peace on a server

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 05:00:57 am »
What I like about this is the auto-kick for team killers. If you could set a threshold for it, at least. One TK on a map can be an accident, 2 can be carelessness, but 3 is cause for concern.

Yeah.  This one time, I lanced a teammate to death, and killed two adjacent teammates by trampling them.  Frankly I think it's an achievement in carelessness, worthy of sharing.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 05:06:39 am »
the "kill player" option might be good for players who get stuck, or stuff like that.
Like a first warning (but still, they'll keep their multiplier if their team won) before kick / ban.

Edit : Agree with the TK autokick. Not set up too low, but 3-4 TK might not be accidents, and it might help players be more carefull.

Yes, with the kill player function I have specifically in mind people who get stuck, I know it is not hard to join spectator and then rejoin a team, but the amount of players unfamiliar with the game who have trouble with this would surprise you. With the kill function it would simply be a click of the button and then the player would be on their way again...in siege mode anyway!

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 06:42:32 am »
I've seen the Autokick feature work with great effect on the GK Siege server in Native, personally.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 07:04:54 am »
Yeah ! Give admins more tools to Abooze ! :twisted:

Offline Geon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Geon, Blazar, qtpi
  • IRC nick: Geon
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 08:18:36 am »
I would like to see these sort of things!

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 08:51:41 am »
Your poll options alone made me want to vote "no," despite the fact that I support these being implemented.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 02:20:13 am »
I see alot of people do not like this idea, unless you state your opinion I can only assume you are a player that causes trouble or you just picked no to be a troll....

State your suggestions or some kind of feedback if you are going to answer no so I can tweak and alter my suggestion!

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 12:03:39 pm »
I voted no for the same reasons as Seawied, and overall support this, mostly for the autokick for tks.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 12:57:25 pm »

Yes, with the kill player function I have specifically in mind people who get stuck, I know it is not hard to join spectator and then rejoin a team, but the amount of players unfamiliar with the game who have trouble with this would surprise you. With the kill function it would simply be a click of the button and then the player would be on their way again...in siege mode anyway!

When you got to spectator, then back to the team, don't you loose your multiplicator ? Will be better to just have a suicide key. For example you're stuck : suicide. You're the last one on your team, they still have 10 people, but you can't find them, only 5sec remaining, suicide. etc...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 05:49:47 pm »
A suicide key is something to consider......but it would also be easy to abuse....join a match with no gear, immediately suicide, get lots of gold and xp for free!