Poll

Ban they?

BAN HE
12 (85.7%)
BAN SHE
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: [BAN] BRONEETA TW at start of round, attempted TK but he failed  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
Re: [BAN] BRONEETA TW at start of round, attempted TK but he failed
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 02:11:25 am »
(click to show/hide)

No, TW/TK'ing when admins aren't around is the reason the ban forums exist.
What Krosis should have done is asked you not to delay another round and post here for delaying had it happened again.

As for throwing, if you've run out of throwing weapons and are searching the map for additional throwing weapons, that is considered delaying.
- No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)
OK: running away and shooting enemies that are reachable by projectiles
NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation when there is nobody to shoot in range or everyone is behind cover.
NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation to search for ammo

If what I'm getting is correct, you had run out of secondary-capable throwing weapons and only had daggers.
Within the two minutes of running around, you should have picked up another weapon off the ground and gone in to fight with it.
I understand that's less than ideal, but if you had the time to chat about throwing builds for two minutes on that map without dying or killing someone else...

As for the edit, I get it, I'm merely surprised you were only echoing the bit about not dropping your weapons.
It seems like you didn't feel you were delaying or annoying anyone by searching for throwing weapons while understanding you had nothing to fight back with at close range.

I'll leave this open a bit longer and let you respond.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 08:08:53 am »
I will say that at no point was he looking for any sort of ammo to attack.. he was walking while typing throughout.. until one of the I believe 3 guys remaining got close enough to kill him.. put his weapon away, blocked with fists.. the guy did nothing, he turned around and ran.. guy changed his mind and slashed.

Offline DumpsterNerd

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 06:55:40 pm »
(click to show/hide)

No, TW/TK'ing when admins aren't around is the reason the ban forums exist.
What Krosis should have done is asked you not to delay another round and post here for delaying had it happened again.

As for throwing, if you've run out of throwing weapons and are searching the map for additional throwing weapons, that is considered delaying.
If what I'm getting is correct, you had run out of secondary-capable throwing weapons and only had daggers.
Within the two minutes of running around, you should have picked up another weapon off the ground and gone in to fight with it.
I understand that's less than ideal, but if you had the time to chat about throwing builds for two minutes on that map without dying or killing someone else...

As for the edit, I get it, I'm merely surprised you were only echoing the bit about not dropping your weapons.
It seems like you didn't feel you were delaying or annoying anyone by searching for throwing weapons while understanding you had nothing to fight back with at close range.

I'll leave this open a bit longer and let you respond.

Take the context of the # of players in the round at that point please:

5v5 I think were the teams, on the conan map.  It's hard to find a weapon there, especially since when I did finally start punching the guy, that became delaying too...

Honestly Krosis, you were wrong.  I was throwing knives at rishu the whole time.  He had knives stuck in him that just pinked off lol.

When I started punching it was because I was hoping THAT could hurt him.  no luck there either.

*TO CLARIFY* I have 21 str, my punches do decent damage somestimes

If it's really delaying to not bring a melee capable throwing weapon with my shield, that's something I really didn't know.  I was under the assumption weapon = weapon (similarly when HX or HA only bring bow + arrows). 

If you're 'supposed' to bring melee capable weapon, why not replace fists with a shitty dagger instead of forcing players to waste slots when throwing is already relatively handicapped in that department.

*EDIT*
Honestly, at this point, I don't care about the ban anymore.  To be honest, I wouldn't have posted the ban thread if Krosis hadn't been so cocky about TKing me, confident he could get off.

Ban him or just close and lock this thread, I don't care the result anymore.  It's pointless to keep fighting for something insignificant that happened in a game over 24 hours ago lol
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:05:25 pm by DumpsterNerd »

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 09:27:58 pm »
tldr; all until I saw my name

never tk'd you..

never cocky about..

i never really cared tbh.

Offline DumpsterNerd

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 10:08:28 pm »
tldr; all until I saw my name

never tk'd you..

never cocky about..

i never really cared tbh.

You're right.  You team wounded at spawn, which is still against the rules.  lol.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 01:02:38 am »
If it's really delaying to not bring a melee capable throwing weapon with my shield, that's something I really didn't know.  I was under the assumption weapon = weapon (similarly when HX or HA only bring bow + arrows). 

If you're 'supposed' to bring melee capable weapon, why not replace fists with a shitty dagger instead of forcing players to waste slots when throwing is already relatively handicapped in that department.

*EDIT*
Honestly, at this point, I don't care about the ban anymore.  To be honest, I wouldn't have posted the ban thread if Krosis hadn't been so cocky about TKing me, confident he could get off.

Ban him or just close and lock this thread, I don't care the result anymore.  It's pointless to keep fighting for something insignificant that happened in a game over 24 hours ago lol

You're not in the wrong to make that link between a thrower with knives and a HA with arrows.
However, when the HA runs out of arrows, he needs to either (quickly, mind you) find a melee weapon and fight with it or dismount and die.
Looking for additional ammo is not an option for the HA in that situation as he'd be delaying.
If the HA is unable to find a melee weapon after 30 seconds or so, you get to that point where most reasonable people would say "Ah fuck it, this is taking too long. I'll end the round for everyone."

Again, I don't have screenshots and the logs only tell us so much, so I have no idea if you were kiting Rishu for two minutes, if you were kiting and looking for a melee weapon for two minutes or what.
I don't think there's any way for two minutes to pass with that few people on that map without unnecessarily delaying a round.
Krosis was probably pissed off and dealt with it inappropriately, and I don't think either of you are making anything up in your stories.
They're both pretty reasonable, but I think you ran around chatting for waaaay too long and Krosis slashed you for it in the next round.

You've both been around for a long while and neither of you have any annoying running ban records, so I'll take you up on your suggestion to drop the request altogether.

Be respectful of the other players in the round, especially when the population dwindles in the early hours.
Mindfulness would have prevented the ban request entirely.

Screenshot or contact an admin if it's truly necessary. You can find me on Steam or in TS at relatively absurd hours.
I'd be more than happy to hop in game and check something out if anyone needs it.
Teamwounding in spawn isn't the way to go as it will likely get you banned.

Edit: Apologies for coming back to this after the thread has been locked but I do want to clarify this is a warning to both of you.
Do not teamwound in spawn. Do not delay rounds.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:10:23 am by Jeade »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login