• Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
Unban
« on: January 05, 2014, 01:42:04 am »
Hi, I just found out I was banned for 7 days for "Leeching", I was in full armor, had a weapon, and was punching enemy ranged and in the middle of a big swarm of the enemies when I was banned. Also no warning was given. How does any of that qualify for leeching?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:08:46 am by Lemon »
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Testicleez

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Testicleez
Re: Unban
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 02:32:07 am »
I think Lemon could have shown more effort rather than punching, but a 7 day ban without a "Hey, use an actual weapon" in admin-chat or some kind of warning is silly.

Also; it's not like he was just running up with his fists & 'suiciding' for farming gold. He had gear on and was using a shield to protect himself. Not smart using fists, maybe even against the rules, but I think a 7-day ban without any prior warning is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:36:59 am by Testicleez »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 02:51:23 am »
What you did: stood around with enemy players without actually attacking them.

Why you weren't warned: you have 10 other bans on record, I assumed you would know the rules by now. If you're colluding with the enemy team (one or two nudges notwithstanding) you're not contributing to your team, i.e. you are leeching.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 02:52:39 am »
I don't know if you were watching, but at the time you actually banned me I was delved into the whole enemy team- Also, Punching is attacking, and according to another ban thread "nudging" is considered team wounding, so why would nudging the enemy not count as "wounding" them. Also I was like 1-4 with like 30 points, so I was doing some stuff besides the punching.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Torchy

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 03:55:01 am »
 :cry:

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 07:26:35 am »
Lemon was punching. Remember when that semene storm guy went around punching for a gen? Leave lemon alone

Offline Lord_Derpington

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 07:32:03 am »
Lemon might just be a huge troll that not a lot of people like, but he did not deserve a 7 day ban by the sounds of it.

FREE LEMON 2014

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 07:21:44 pm »
I'm beginning to think that Canary is denying to answer to this thread and unban me because he wants me to stay banned for as long as possible.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 12:01:58 am »
lol torchy ur  :cry: in every ban thread make me  :)
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 12:33:26 am »
One round prior to the round in which you were banned involved a scenario where you ran up to an enemy, punched at the enemy twice to no effect, stopped, and, at least for a moment, stood in front of an enemy player who was reloading a crossbow with your shield up.

You aren't allowed to work with the enemy team that way.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 02:46:41 am »
I'm helping my team by blocking enemy ranged, what's wrong with that?

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 04:14:59 am »
Because having a shield isnt fucking useful apparently.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 06:36:49 am »
The only people that should be posting here are Canary and Lemon even if you were there. This isn't a he said/she said case. Lengths of bans are determined according to criteria that the admins set including prior ban history that is not accessible to you, and thus you lack the information to determine whether the ban was just or not. If the ban is to be lifted early, it will be worked out between Canary and Lemon.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 09:53:28 pm »
Thanks for the support anyway guys, I really do look forward to working this out with you Canary. I just don't understand how i've seen people who have played for YEARS go on TK streaks, or troll like crazy, and get 24hrs, then here I am, NOT EVEN BREAKING THE RULES, just having fun by messing with the other teams ranged and harassing them, and I get 7 DAYS?

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 09:45:18 pm »
Can we please settle this sooner than later.