Author Topic: Avatar - Shit movie, only decent character with the best quote  (Read 5834 times)

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
Re: Avatar - Shit movie, only decent character with the best quote
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 06:43:40 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot

I mean; the one who is on the right of Pol Pot...

If there are 3 guys and we assume that einstein is on the left, and polpot is on the middle.... for 25 points ..... who is the one of the right?

My fridge is my shield

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 06:46:01 pm »
Ted Bundy?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 06:55:51 pm »
Rapist, murderer, necrophile and loads of other bad words. Sounds like a nice enough sort.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 07:21:21 pm »
whatever makes you happy eh. Not like the gambling bankers haven't caused far more misery than Bundy ever will. (not saying he is a nice guy or anything :D) But you can pick the bad apples from any group so who's to say that alien races wouldn't be much bigger cunts? :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Yazid

• tEh eNl1gTh3N3d!1!!
  • Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 03:35:05 am »
+1
When you die, what difference does it make if the sun burned out or not, your existence would have rejoined the energy that is eternally happening,
on the contrary,

you would have spent all your life being an oppressor to others and ensuring future oppression of your species with backlash after backlash

yes we're awesome for our concerted ability for terrible things, to become a copy of someone else's mind and agenda and adhere to that, so perfectly that we are no longer ourselves, as if we cut a branch from a tree and grew a new tree, we copy others and become them, time after time.

a self-aggrandizing egomaniac civilization not colonize space, because by that token it will fail to set it's house straight.

I've seen/read plenty of Carl Sagan to know that.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2014, 10:19:01 pm »
+4

We sure are, good buddy, we sure are!

EDIT:

Want to know more about how humans are universes best creation?.. Go on 4chan /b/, and start a new "post your favorite gore" thread. You will learn much about how fucking awesome we are ;)

Yeah because I'm 27, have been using the internet since I was a kid and have never seen gore on the internet  :rolleyes:.

Even with all of our downfalls, we are awesome. You people can sit here and post pictures of a few bad apples whilst ignoring the massive advances, discoveries and creations our race has made. You're sitting there typing on your computer, which is a combination of so many of ideas, inventions, discoveries and creations, failing to appreciate just how fucking awesome Humans are to have created all of this, most of which is in a matter of the past few hundred years, merely a blink in the universe. Yep, we're awesome.

When some advanced alien race comes to enslave all humanity, id like to see you still thinking so highly of that quote.

Yeah because you really believe that's ever going to happen? the universe is such a vast place that the probability of us ever coming into contact with a race similar to ourselves and with the capacity for equal or more advanced technology is sadly quite unlikely.

People seem to assume that because humans exist, that highly intelligent space faring aliens hellbent on enslaving humanity must definitely exist, whilst ignoring the fact that even on our planet, abundant with life, we are just only one creation out of millions upon millions. There are so many possibilities in evolution and creation that there are most likely few species like Humans in the universe and the chances of them and us existing at the SAME time in a close enough proximity to ever make contact are without a doubt, very small. But hey, that's another thing that makes us so awesome, our imagination.

I'm gonna go sit on my awesome sofa now with an awesome cup of tea, bet no alien species in the universe has tea, fucking hippy aliens, totally not awesome.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2014, 10:28:31 pm »
+1
Estimating the probability of an alien race coming into contact with us is impossible with our current knowledge.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2014, 10:35:30 pm »
+2
This entire conversation reminds me of:

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2014, 10:46:55 pm »
Estimating the probability of an alien race coming into contact with us is impossible with our current knowledge.

I don't think anyone has tried to properly "estimate" the probability of it happening, only either assumed it will happen or to doubt it will happen, I am of the latter. The universe doesn't purposefully create awesome species like Humans, it just happens,  look at the millions upon millions of other species that exist on our planet, they happened too. Why do people assume that species even similar to us exist at all, or exist close to enough to ever come into contact with. Do I believe there is alien life? yes I do, but I believe we are far more awesome than those shitty fucking alien  scumbags and we'll take their fucking lunch money. AWESOME

HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2014, 10:59:41 pm »
+1
I don't think anyone has tried to properly "estimate" the probability of it happening, only either assumed it will happen or to doubt it will happen, I am of the latter.

It's a serious scientific enquiry. With new discoveries of distant solar systems and their characteristics our view of extraterrestrial life has changed tremendously. The dominating school is that once life forms colonise a planet, intelligence is bound to develop at some point, unless life entirely disappears from the planet for some reason. The more interesting questions occur after and before that. For how long can we contact alien civilizations before they collapse if they do ? It's interesting because we don't have the first bit of an answer.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2014, 10:59:56 pm »
+3
Do I believe there is alien life? yes I do, but I believe we are far more awesome than those shitty fucking alien  scumbags and we'll take their fucking lunch money. AWESOME

HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE HUMAN RACE

straight outta' 40K

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2014, 11:20:15 pm »
+4
It's a serious scientific enquiry. With new discoveries of distant solar systems and their characteristics our view of extraterrestrial life has changed tremendously. The dominating school is that once life forms colonise a planet, intelligence is bound to develop at some point, unless life entirely disappears from the planet for some reason. The more interesting questions occur after and before that. For how long can we contact alien civilizations before they collapse if they do ? It's interesting because we don't have the first bit of an answer.
Intelligence alone is not enough. Dolphins with human-like intelligence wouldn't be capable of manipulating objects, thus they'd never advance scientifically. There are many things needed for a species to become spacefaring.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2014, 09:49:43 am »
+1
Did somebody say dolphins?!?  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:53:34 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2014, 11:37:52 am »
Intelligence alone is not enough. Dolphins with human-like intelligence wouldn't be capable of manipulating objects, thus they'd never advance scientifically. There are many things needed for a species to become spacefaring.
Mankind is relatively limited too, with short lifespans, fragile bodies and small brains. We do have a peak and personally I dont think it's very far.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2014, 11:58:48 am »

Species that cannot manipulate objects wouldn't develop human-like intelligence in the first place. However, it doesn't sound too crazy to imagine marine animals with human-like intelligence and thumbs developping a civilization underwater.