Author Topic: The Castle Doctrine  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: The Castle Doctrine
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 11:58:21 pm »
But there is a limit, i.e if you have won the fight and he has either fled or is down/injured, you shouldn't continue to beat him or kill him, or you may face prosecution yourself if it is deemed that the intruder was no longer a threat, but you carried on with your assault.

Actually one of the example I used was a situation where someone got assaulted then robbed, then shot the guys as they were fleeing with the booty. Since his life wasnt in danger and the robbers were leaving, the guy he managed to shoot down the street was deemed a murder. They were "off-side" as long as they werent directly assaulting the victim at the time they were shot down. Also in most european country it is very bad to defend yourself without calling the police first, even though its obvious it would be useless to do that first.

Like you said "back turned" and other misconception really fuck it up for victims of assaults. How fast the tables can turns (with firearms's deadliness/ease of use) is forgotten when we focus the preciousness of life.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:05:28 am by Butan »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 12:32:21 am »
Actually one of the example I used was a situation where someone got assaulted then robbed, then shot the guys as they were fleeing with the booty. Since his life wasnt in danger and the robbers were leaving, the guy he managed to shoot down the street was deemed a murder. They were "off-side" as long as they werent directly assaulting the victim at the time they were shot down. Also in most european country it is very bad to defend yourself without calling the police first, even though its obvious it would be useless to do that first.

Like you said "back turned" and other misconception really fuck it up for victims of assaults. How fast the tables can turns (with firearms's deadliness/ease of use) is forgotten when we focus the preciousness of life.

Put me on that jury and the verdict is innocent. Remember, when you are the victim and the law is trying to fuck you over, always ask for a jury trial.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 12:59:29 am »
Anyone breaking into someone else's household should not be protected by the law, if that someone sees fit to  shoot the intruder he should be all means be allowed to.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 01:21:20 am »
(click to show/hide)
i hope you enjoy it, his original idea behind creating the game was to create a rogue-like game which consisted of you creating the dungeon for someone else to try and  play through, but it eventually faded into this, which i am still happy with, so thats a little tid bit of information about the games past.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 02:24:32 pm »
Steam release confirmed for January 29th for anyone who is waiting to play on steam.  The prices will be changing from 8 dollars(Alpha price, on website) on his website to whats unconfirmed as $16(U.S dollars of course. for beta release on steam).  I say unconfirmed because, he posted the pricing models on his forum, and surprisingly a lot of people came out to question it, so there is a possibility that the prices may change, but as of now, this is what they are.

This is the link to the forum page which explains his thoughts on steam and their pricing, and what he wants to try with the sale.
http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=585

If you are really interested, i would recommend picking it up now before the steam release, get your booties wet, so you can snuff all the noobs.

Okay, so the prices are as followed:

Alpha $8.00
Beta release on steam, for first week 25% off at $12.00
after first week on steam, original price of $16.00

i hope that clarifies it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:35:46 pm by AntiBlitz »