Author Topic: Please devs, give this ability to the UP 2H class, they deserve it.  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Please devs, give this ability to the UP 2H class, they deserve it.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 09:05:36 am »
+6
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 05:36:30 pm »
2 hand isn't OP, just lots of good players are drawn to 2 hand. Some poles could do with buffs but 2 hand isn't easy and pole hard imo
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 1402
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 05:55:36 pm »
Of course it is OP. I can't be on top without great sword in my hands, so it is very OP.

Give those players bow or throwing weapons, and you won't see them on top anymore. Kills wise and especially point wise.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 06:14:09 pm »
Ranged don't get proximity points like melee. Points don't mean everything anyway. You have to balance the points with the risk involved. You could add awps into the game that do low damage and reload every 10 seconds and people will get low scores. But the skill/difficulty/risk involved would make them OP

If you spend 2 years playing 2 hand you will probably be better at 2 hand than archer/thrower. BUT you will learn to play ranged much faster than getting good at melee since it isn't pvp and there is less to learn. If you are good at melee you have no real excuse not to do well with ranged (especially xbow) after a bit of adjusting

Pretty sure the 2 hand OP thing is comparing 2 hand to pole to 1 hand/shield anyway
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:21:03 pm by Grumbs »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 1866
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 07:24:30 pm »
+1
Too bad everyone can block in cRPG these days, so your point is kinda moot.

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: YnScN
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 09:38:31 pm »
+3
I used to be an archer, then i respeced into 2 hand because i am bored from countless changes are made to the archery. I wanted to play a more STABLE class.

People claim that archery is easy because by learning curve they only think about aiming. But there is much to be learned in archery, for example awareness and positioning is very crucial. The moment you get tunnel-focus you'll be killed by cavalries or arbalesters or ninja butchers. You have to check you behind once in 2 seconds. As an archer i felt like as if i'm a rabbit in the lions den. Any of my mistakes would cost me for my life because everything one-shots me.

- You didnt see the cavalry. You're DEAD
- You didnt see that xbowman waiting for you. You're DEAD
- You didnt see that ninja sneaked behind you. You're DEAD

If we're talking about risks and rewards i believe being an archer has more risks than being an infantry.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 11:04:44 pm »
Archery by itself is not an OP class, the amount of players playing it make it an OP class, if somehow we`d manage to reduce the total amount of archers, I`m pretty sure that no one would ever whine about it again.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 11:16:59 pm »
I used to be an archer, then i respeced into 2 hand because i am bored from countless changes are made to the archery. I wanted to play a more STABLE class.

People claim that archery is easy because by learning curve they only think about aiming. But there is much to be learned in archery, for example awareness and positioning is very crucial. The moment you get tunnel-focus you'll be killed by cavalries or arbalesters or ninja butchers. You have to check you behind once in 2 seconds. As an archer i felt like as if i'm a rabbit in the lions den. Any of my mistakes would cost me for my life because everything one-shots me.

If we're talking about risks and rewards i believe being an archer has more risks than being an infantry.

I feel the same.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 11:45:03 pm »
An arrow or bolt has no regard for the player it hits. Good player or bad, its the same. With melee whether you do damage or not does depend on the ability of the other player.

We have dodging, pointing a shield at someone, decision making (avoid the class or not, tactics etc). But it just doesn't compare to everything that goes on in melee. This is why ranged is cheap compared to melee and why they are given such low regard or respect. As well as this we have people who would never play M&B if it wasn't for the quality of the melee mechanics. People don't mind getting shot, but not if we have this many ranged that it doesnt feel like a melee orientated game

Add to this that often ranged builds can allow them to be very effective in melee (especially xbows) and you have players that can have the best of both worlds. Someone will beat you in melee? Shoot him. Someone didn't die yet and got in melee ranged? Delay him with manual blocks while retreating to team mates or kill him yourself.

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 12:36:40 am »

I see what you're getting at, but situational awareness is the sine qua non of any "class" in any pvp game.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 05:22:16 pm »
I see what you're getting at, but situational awareness is the sine qua non of any "class" in any pvp game.
It is harder to that as an archer, because as an infantry you do not have to concentrate on aiming to be pinpoint accurate which makes it harder to check your surroundings.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D