Author Topic: More diversity in strategus battles  (Read 1594 times)

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
More diversity in strategus battles
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:07:26 pm »
+11
I want the option, as a commander of one of my own battles, to choose between more than one character of the guy applying for my battle. I would like to see this when I look at the applicants:

Grandmom shielder lvl 34
Grandmom HA lvl 28
Grandmom Pole lvl 18

I can choose anyone I want for my roster. The applicant can choose what kind of characters he wants me too choose from, but at least 3 I think at the most 6. The applicant can also choose not to level up any other character except the one he wants to play, I would then see this:

Grandmom shielder lvl 34
Grandmom HS lvl 1
Grandmom Pole lvl 1

As the commander - I would then ofc choose the shielder, but this could also limit the chances for the applicant to get accepted for the battle.

What would this change do with the game?

1. More diversity in armygear - you could make an all cav army for instance, just make sure ypu have the gear for it
2. Give the commander the choice to make an army that suits the target he is attacking
3. Give the commander the ability to surprise the enemy he is attacking:
 - enemy has a all cav army and you know it - make acounter army of poles and archers only.
- enemy has choosen to have almost only archer gear in a castle, well fuck him I have 1500 shields in my 1500 man army.
4. More gear would be loomed in strat
5. Different typesof armies would roam the lands
6. More fun for people in battles, since different tactics would need to be used
7. More open field battles
8. Possibility to win battles due to what gear and what mercs you choose and prechosen tactics when building the army
9. Not one type of openfield battles but more difference
10. Harder to defend settlements since you never know what kind of army will attack, and that attacking army could be built just to counter whatever you have in terms of gear inside.
11. Intel of enemy armies would be more useful, "know your enemy" and adapt

Sorry if I said several things twice - writing from asmartphone and cant really scroll and see what I have written

What do you think?

(click to show/hide)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: More diversity in strategus battles
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:17:18 pm »
+2
IMO it would be a good idea, but, it would have to have some limitations such as no STF's and that you have to regularly play on an account in battle/siege/duel to use it and making a max number of possible chars.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 08:25:27 pm »
IMO it would be a good idea, but, it would have to have some limitations such as no STF's and that you have to regularly play on an account in battle/siege/duel to use it and making a max number of possible chars.

Maximum number of chars I get, and I agree some sort of limit would be good. I also agree that STF shouldnt be allowed either since it would be exploited.

Why do you think that you need to play the character regularly on battle/siege/duel servers?

Offline Jack1

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:28:48 pm »
+1
Why do you think that you need to play the character regularly on battle/siege/duel servers?
so people don't have chars that are strictly for strat. it would also raise the activity in battle/siege/duel

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 08:29:49 pm »
+1
Pretty nice idea, but on the same side their still should be a Hero...
Maybe you could reduce the amount of viable players on only players which are not in your faction (that would give smaller factions a bonus aswell ;) )

The idea with the ticks for every char is useless i think...Even in this strat you gained strat ticks with every char you played with and even if you havent used one char once on a server you were able to make it your hero.
Bros never die!

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 08:31:23 pm »
so people don't have chars that are strictly for strat. it would also raise the activity in battle/siege/duel

You might be right about the activity in the servers, but I am not sure that making characters solely for strat would be a bad thing - but then again I am not the best or the most active character maker - played the same character since I started and I am at second gen after playing 1 year - never respecced  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

More feedback Jack?

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 08:34:50 pm »

I understand where you're coming from, but why would having a strat only character be bad? Hell, people do it now, and it doesn't affect anything in any major way.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 08:36:26 pm »
Pretty nice idea, but on the same side their still should be a Hero...
Maybe you could reduce the amount of viable players on only players which are not in your faction (that would give smaller factions a bonus aswell ;) )

Chris, I am not sure I get what you mean by this?

The idea with the ticks for every char is useless i think...

This is not a suggestion I have, this perhaps is already implemented in strat, Im not sure since I have only been playing one character - not sure

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 10:09:54 pm »
Chris, I am not sure I get what you mean by this?

This is not a suggestion I have, this perhaps is already implemented in strat, Im not sure since I have only been playing one character - not sure

I mean that everyone who is in the same faction as the guy doing the roster must play with his hero, while all other randomers from other factions can apply with the system you suggested.
This would make the Clan members be active with their hero in cRPG because they need them for their own battles and on the other hand it would give factions with a low amount of members a small buff, because they got more players from other factions applying and they can choose better.

At the moment you gain 2 Strat ticks for every minute you play with any of your chars, i think. This system is quite okay and nobody ever complains about it.
If you would change that, so you need strat ticks for every single char you want to play strat with and you have to gain them by playing this char it would maybe make crpg get active again for a short while but not for a longer time, because then every char got his strat ticks.
Bros never die!

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 11:19:21 pm »
+1
This would just make it easier for the older clans to roll newer clans, who haven't had the chance to build up a back log of alts for every situation.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 11:48:52 pm »
This would just make it easier for the older clans to roll newer clans, who haven't had the chance to build up a back log of alts for every situation.

I think most of the guys applying for the battles I have been doing the roster for are pretty old in strat and should have had the time to do some extra characters. Dont think this would be a problem, and since you can choose the character for every applicant - this really isnt a problem:

For battle of with 50 slots, you have perhaps 75 applicants or so. If every one of them has about 3 different characters you can choose from when u do the roster - you could handpick the type of characters you want. Even if you are part of a small clan

Offline Jack1

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 01:11:50 am »
+1
Actually I take my responses back. It would turn the game into banging your head agenst a wall non stop.

For sieges everybody would be either high power draw archer, high accuracy crossbows or strength crutch ing maulers. In field battles or village attacks it would be all cav, agi polearms and agi shielders. When you have one char aloud at a time you get to pick one, the other, or the median that does decent at both.

Would you rather have a fun time at field battles and sieges or get agi pol armed/crushtheoughed non stop?

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 03:08:27 am »
Actually I take my responses back. It would turn the game into banging your head agenst a wall non stop.

For sieges everybody would be either high power draw archer, high accuracy crossbows or strength crutch ing maulers. In field battles or village attacks it would be all cav, agi polearms and agi shielders. When you have one char aloud at a time you get to pick one, the other, or the median that does decent at both.

Would you rather have a fun time at field battles and sieges or get agi pol armed/crushtheoughed non stop?

Not sure it would turn out that way, anything can still be countered I think and it makes things more interessting. But lets make a scenario - you have 50 slots and you are the defender of a castle. What would be your pick then in terms of arch, xbow and maulers?

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 04:00:25 am »
Not sure it would turn out that way, anything can still be countered I think and it makes things more interessting. But lets make a scenario - you have 50 slots and you are the defender of a castle. What would be your pick then in terms of arch, xbow and maulers?

Are you serious?  Especially you EU players know that most Strat factions will do anything to win.  Sometimes that includes sitting in your castles and not doing anything with 30000 troops.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 10:42:11 am »
Are you serious?  Especially you EU players know that most Strat factions will do anything to win.  Sometimes that includes sitting in your castles and not doing anything with 30000 troops.

Like I said, I think this system could benefit the attacker in the long run - being able to chose the gear for the attacks depending on what the defender has would be an edge, dont you think?

The attacker would gain the initiative, choosing gear for his army depending on the actual castle layout, the gear that the defenders use and the plan of attack.

Kalmarunion has btw attacked more times than all NA clans except FCC since we started attacking, with fewer members than most I would think......a new dawn is coming to EU in strat 5...... 8-)