Author Topic: Horse Restriction for HA  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Re: Horse Restriction for HA
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »
Their realistic counter is ranged, especially throwers. Especially shielder-throwers. Now if all the 2h heroes would actually take some form of ranged attack HA would never be a problem. If they want to spend their gold on a heavy horse, let them. They probably have low personal armor, and if they don't... let them. It's their gold.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 07:25:09 pm »
More ranged to counter HA's? Nah we just ranged to effectively counter them, not to have more
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 07:31:21 pm »
+2
Their realistic counter is ranged, especially throwers. Especially shielder-throwers. Now if all the 2h heroes would actually take some form of ranged attack HA would never be a problem. If they want to spend their gold on a heavy horse, let them. They probably have low personal armor, and if they don't... let them. It's their gold.
We don't fucking need more ranged shitbag
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 08:14:56 pm »
+1
why nobody makes such threads about horse throwers? they are much worse at this point , i say this as cavalry player.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline stante

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 08:31:24 pm »
why nobody makes such threads about horse throwers? they are much worse at this point , i say this as cavalry player.
This is so damn right

Im also saying this as cav player, getting killed by a Horse thrower more than any other ranged

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 08:40:21 pm »
+2
Horsethrower is the class that excels at killing cavalry, and more importantly horseranged the most, it isn't all that great against footpeople though. Also just ride away from them and there is literally nothing they can do, ammo is to valueable to shoot your horse with negative speed bonus (a destrier running in the other direction can easily survive 4 throwing lances or several stacks of jars/spears).
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 11:01:20 pm »
ITT Zlisch defeats Grumbs  :!:

Also, this is jacked. From above the guy is spinning so as to hit Batman from above with his weapon, but when the camera switches to below, suddenly he is rotating the opposite way and hits Batman from below in the chin. L2Animate!

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 11:04:49 pm »

where is that from? look spretty sexy
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 06:25:23 am »
+1
We don't fucking need more ranged shitbag

So you want a counter to horse archers that isn't their natural counter? Do you want two handed swords to rear horses so you wont need spears anymore too?

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 11:28:30 am »
Actually, if horse ranged spends their gold on a heavy horse; it also makes them more vulnerable to melee cav in a way.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 11:38:07 am »
So you want a counter to horse archers that isn't their natural counter? Do you want two handed swords to rear horses so you wont need spears anymore too?
Yeah nice bullshitty standard "oh lol 2h ez" strawman, shitbird.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 01:32:26 pm »
+3
Actually, if horse ranged spends their gold on a heavy horse; it also makes them more vulnerable to melee cav in a way.

The problem with that theory, is that most light/fast melee cav doesnt naturally go toward horse ranged... BECAUSE horse ranged are the best anti-cav class. Thus even if you're a horse ranged and you're using a heavy horse to fend off your other natural counter (archers that doesnt know how to headshot a moving target at 50m  :P), you're not likely to get hunted by the fast enough melee cav/lancers. Except if they are good, the horse ranged are out of ammo or they are suicidal and lucky to get a hit.

Playing on my cavalry alt, I know that if I see Zlisch/Torost/Hate_More from too close on any map, I'm going down even though I use a War Horse +3. There is only a few windows of opportunities against such persons, namely surprise attacks and betting on their innacuracy (not very effective).

HA's have less damage power but are able to spam more, thus if they know how to aim while riding and you dont have an omni-shield to protect both you and your horse, you're going down too.

Thus the only natural class able to kill horse ranged efficiently ARE other horse ranged (pointless to say that) ranged footman. Problem is, most of them prefer easier targets and aim other ranged footman, melee footman most of the time.
And even if they aim for Horse Ranged (sometimes they play smart), if they are using heavy horse you will need arbalest to dismount them  :P  or accurate aiming of the rider (it happens too).

But frankly, with the current state of the upkeep system, one should not add nerf on classes which are losing money on a steady basis. And Horse Ranged are one of the worst class to upkeep, close to Ultra Heavy Ranged/Melee/Shielder/Lancer Ultra Heavy Cavalry (grellenort and mircan  :lol:)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:38:17 pm by Butan »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 02:50:49 pm »
+1

The problem with that theory, is that most light/fast melee cav doesnt naturally go toward horse ranged... BECAUSE horse ranged are the best anti-cav class. Thus even if you're a horse ranged and you're using a heavy horse to fend off your other natural counter (archers that doesnt know how to headshot a moving target at 50m  :P), you're not likely to get hunted by the fast enough melee cav/lancers. Except if they are good, the horse ranged are out of ammo or they are suicidal and lucky to get a hit.

Playing on my cavalry alt, I know that if I see Zlisch/Torost/Hate_More from too close on any map, I'm going down even though I use a War Horse +3. There is only a few windows of opportunities against such persons, namely surprise attacks and betting on their innacuracy (not very effective).

HA's have less damage power but are able to spam more, thus if they know how to aim while riding and you dont have an omni-shield to protect both you and your horse, you're going down too.

Thus the only natural class able to kill horse ranged efficiently ARE other horse ranged (pointless to say that) ranged footman. Problem is, most of them prefer easier targets and aim other ranged footman, melee footman most of the time.
And even if they aim for Horse Ranged (sometimes they play smart), if they are using heavy horse you will need arbalest to dismount them  :P  or accurate aiming of the rider (it happens too).

But frankly, with the current state of the upkeep system, one should not add nerf on classes which are losing money on a steady basis. And Horse Ranged are one of the worst class to upkeep, close to Ultra Heavy Ranged/Melee/Shielder/Lancer Ultra Heavy Cavalry (grellenort and mircan  :lol:)
Yeah that's also a problem. For taking up the punishment while chasing a HA, you also need a heavy horse as a cavalry; which fairly counters it's speed advantage most of the time :lol:

The thing I remember is, I remember practicing with GK_Spjut in EU3 server. I was riding a mamluk horse back then (Taking up like 20+ arrows) and I could only win if HA would make a mistake, but over time I somehow learned how to make the HA mistake. It was still not a fair game but it increased my chances of winning. Spjut gave me a bit of advice to use the terrain to my advantage, when climbing over cliffs HA was incredibly invulnerable. It is technically not 100% fair, but it is more to being fair in practice. In some maps, you can chase HA to make them a mistake; after all they are human and they tend to get demoralized a bit after they spend 40 arrows on someone only to seeing not doing some damage at all (shield and horse absorbs most of the arrows, and HA misses sometimes too). Least to say, their ammo is not unlimited too.

I honestly don't think HA is a very strong class at the moment. Sure, they are the most mobile but at the same moment they also do the lowest damage; most of the time they're not even a problem. For those a few that are a big problem, you just need to stick with your teammates as they, HA usually tries to avoid enemy foot ranged. Countering them is somehow is to not really care about them, and destroying the other team before HA. I am in no authority to say everything in this game is 100% balanced, but that's what I do most of the time and it helps most of the time.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 06:12:40 pm »
+4
If you are cavalry or a Rambo, HA's will hunt you down. Stick with your foot archers and throwers and pikes and HA's will find the latter targets.

"Oh so the counter to ranged cavalry is more ranged"

Yes, it is. They ARE part of this game, so learn to play with those on your team, you know, actually playing AS a team and you won't have this problem. So you want to be Rambo? Deal with it.

Upkeep prevents me from using the heavy cavalry for more than an an hour or so before I need to switch back to the cheaper Desert to earn gold faster, or the Arabian to break even/get a very small amount of gold over time. When I use the Arabian consistently, it will be days before I can run with the heavy cavalry for an hour again. Which is how it should be.

This suggestion is butthurt.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 08:03:19 pm »
+1
Yeah pappy's a bastard, I swear when he knows I'm online he is scanning across the battlefield to our spawn and seeing which way I go on my horse.  He (and other HA's) make the cavalry who want to go flying across the map (leaving their footmen behind) pay the price.  Melee cavalry is most effective when supporting your own footmen.  But I still get A.D.D. and try to pick off some stragglers before coming back and helping our footmen (aka there's some down time before the infantry hordes clash). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy