Author Topic: Good Melee Archer Level 35 Build  (Read 7219 times)

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
Re: Good Melee Archer Level 35 Build
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 08:01:11 pm »
+2
Horse thrower is a laugh. Quite the niche.

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 02:53:35 am »
+3
Not really a hybrid build, but I personally would go for this build at lvl35(still 40mil xp left)

30/18
6 WM
4 PS
10 PD
4 Two Handed
155 Archery

tripple loomed longbow, arrows and mace would do the job.
The penalty of PowerDraw has been reduces massively.
I'd never ever go for an agility build again, cause you wont get a noticeable accuracy boost compared to PD, as it used to be in the past.

However...
Damage is everything, so 10PD is a must have.  :wink:

Greetings from the "rocket launcher" guy!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1194
  • Infamy: 939
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 07:18:24 pm »
+3
Excellent suggestion and just the right comment I was looking for. Thanks for posting this, Sebastian :)

Shame I already spent 2 points in ATH, so I'll first try 21/21. But your build is superior, because ATH doesn't have any use for archers.

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 11:15:24 am »
PD build is what I was thinking about for few weeks now. After devs disabled PD accuracy penalty, PD builds should have noticable advantage over AGI builds. Especially lower tier bows are much more accurate than high tier bows, so you can have lower wpf with Horn Bow, and be same accurate as higher wpf with Long Bow. I was thinking about 27/21 build with 9 PD, since PD bonuses works only 4 levels above bow requirements (Horn Bow requires 5 PD, so 9 PD would give it max PD bonus). I already checked with STF char, the accuracy of PD build will be good (even too good imo). I'm thinking about Horn Bow, because this bow is fast, accurate, one slot and with PD build will have more than enough damage (probably about wpf build Long Bow damage). Going for this build is a bit risky, as I suspect devs will nerf lower tier bows and increase PD accuracy penalty at some point (when more people realise how good those builds are), but should be fun, at least for a while. I also never played PD build before, so this is good opportunity to try it.
(click to show/hide)
Going for this build with Horn Bow has few advantages. You will hit hard, accuracy should be good enough, you will have more HP than with AGI build (should survive 1 arbalest hit), you can use proper 1 slot weapon (preferable blunt or pierce one), you will shoot faster than Rus/Long Bow archers, so you will have advantage hunting down those archers. The only downside will be 0 ath - so almost impossible to avoid cav, dying very easily without team support - but the thing is, that's the problem every archer faces (even AGI one). That's why I want to try this build some day, it should work just fine.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 12:55:22 pm »
+1
Did devs disable the PD accuracy penalty? When did this happen?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 12:55:52 pm »
because ATH doesn't have any use for archers.

It makes a huge difference.

Offline Angellore

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 01:08:37 pm »
Did devs disable the PD accuracy penalty? When did this happen?
Quite a long time ago, more than half a year now, so it's not new change. It supposed to make PD builds more popular (as they weren't popular at all), but it didn't change much then. With recent archery changes (slightly better accuracy, much higher missile speed in lower tier bows, etc) it should make PD builds really good, maybe even too good - that's what I want to check.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 2816
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2014, 03:16:47 pm »
+1
It makes a huge difference.

I disagree. First played 15/24 build with 8 ATH, then 18/21 with 7 ATH and now leveling with just 2 ATH and I must tell you, difference is negligible. Especially if you carry two stacks of arrows.

Offline Wayate

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2014, 05:14:16 am »
+1
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:51:50 pm by Wayate »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 12:09:12 pm »
The penalty of PowerDraw has been reduces massively.

Since when?

I used the free respec after the WP/WPF system change to try one of my old high PD builds (I always was a str archer before the nerf excesses...) - and it was still slow and inaccurate as shit. Most other archers I regularly see on the servers are also PD6 or lower because of the still-not-unfucked higher PD builds.

So right now I am 18/27 and quite happy with 195 WPF and medium/long range longbow sniping, but would love to go high PD again...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:12:14 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2014, 12:12:18 pm »
I think even without the PD penalty, wpf gives you better accuracy that's why.

Actually we gotta test this. Archers with the same wpf but different Power draw values. I would have done this if I could play.

Maybe just try with 1 pd and 6 pd; with short bow?
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2014, 12:26:17 pm »
I think even without the PD penalty, wpf gives you better accuracy that's why.

Actually we gotta test this. Archers with the same wpf but different Power draw values. I would have done this if I could play.

Maybe just try with 1 pd and 6 pd; with short bow?

the real problems occur above 6pd, seems to be non-linear. So testing 6 pd builds against 9/10 PD builds would be interesting.
Just too lazy right now to respec one of my other chars and get him to lvl 32 for a comparable PD 10 build
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Angellore

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2014, 01:13:53 pm »
+1
PD accuracy penalty wasn't lowered, it was removed! Right now PD works like in native - increases accuracy slightly (less than WM of course) and same time increases damage.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's why PD builds makes sense in cRPG now.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2014, 01:19:39 pm »
PD accuracy penalty wasn't lowered, it was removed! Right now PD works like in native - increases accuracy slightly (less than WM of course) and same time increases damage.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's why PD builds makes sense in cRPG now.

...hmmmm... then it is the weird agi-loving new wpf system... but I'm off to test a STF with 10pd, just toooo freaking curious :)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2014, 01:22:15 pm »
hmm if I was going to be an archer, I would definitely go to that high PD route. But the playstyle of an archer doesn't really appeal to me on battle servers, where your teammates act like headless chickens. All I really like is the playstyle of a Horse Archer, and they require good riding+HA skill to be effective in my opinion.

But it is good to know that there's no difference between 15/24 and 18/24 build, in terms of accuracy; nevertheless.