Author Topic: Market suggestion.  (Read 587 times)

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Market suggestion.
« on: May 15, 2011, 07:31:35 pm »
Few suggestions:
1) Search function in form of a filter box. You type in 'trans' and it'll show all transitional etc.
2) Option to sort the list. Newest / oldest. By user. By price.
3) 5% posting fee as someone suggested. Maybe even find some place in strategus for this money to go to. Like chadz personal vault :D
4) "Report spam" button so it'll add one flag of spam to the offer. Users can then report spam offers and admins can see them in order in which has most reports on it.
5) 10% gold penalty for spam offer.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline BcBKC

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_BcB
  • IRC nick: BcB
Re: Market suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:10:35 am »
Few suggestions:
1) Search function in form of a filter box. You type in 'trans' and it'll show all transitional etc.
2) Option to sort the list. Newest / oldest. By user. By price.
3) 5% posting fee as someone suggested. Maybe even find some place in strategus for this money to go to. Like chadz personal vault :D
4) "Report spam" button so it'll add one flag of spam to the offer. Users can then report spam offers and admins can see them in order in which has most reports on it.
5) 10% gold penalty for spam offer.

1. Ctrl F works fine but yeah this would be nice.
2. I like it
3. Not needed.
4. Market admins that delete the retard posts would be better. (i'd be willing to help out if interested)
5. Read above

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:11:51 pm »
I think a penalty for spamming would be quite good. Wouldn't need that much admins anyway. That would stop the problem before it happens. If there is just admin and they just remove the spam then clans still can abuse it to transfer money around. If admin removes it before they can do it they can just do it quickly again.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Kay of Sauvage

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:27:32 pm »
Since I've seen the market and all the spam of terrible deals you have to wade through to see if there is anything of value, I had always thought it would be ideal to allow players to hide bad deals permanently just on their own screens.

Let people mark the offers as bad deals (spam) or just as items that they aren't interested in right now (not spam). If enough people mark the same offers as bad deals (spam), hide or remove the offers for everyone, or put those offers under a separate "marked as spam" section. The offers marked as "just not interested" should go into a separate section as well so the player can come back to it at a later date if he or she needs to.

This will let players organized and clear out their own lists so that they can easily browse and categorize new offers. And in the process, they will help to clear the spam for everyone.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 06:47:52 pm »
Or you can just set a filter for heirloom only (allready available) so you don't see spam.

Offline Chort

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Strangers
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:00:24 pm »
If you need filter, you may use my user script - https://rapidshare.com/files/1450773485/market_filter.user.js.zip
This is necessary. This is necessary. Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........