Author Topic: Make Horses super expensive.  (Read 4397 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1164
  • Infamy: 766
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Make Horses super expensive.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 01:29:47 am »
I need less awlpike stabs to kill fully armored knight who is retreating (back backpedaling) than to kill medium armored horse who is galloping towards me at epic speed. That is because things are badly balanced.

First, not every archer should get pierce damage by picking bodkins arrows. It's realistic but gameplay wise it's bullshit. Only Longbowmen should kill amored horses. Why? Cause this is eurocentric mod, and euro gear should be dominant. If you want to roleplay asian char, go somewhere else or deal with malus that goes with your choice of gear.

Next, armored horses should have way less HP but higher armor rating. That way slashing at horses won't kill them but stabbing with antihorse weapons will deal massive damage. Currently, loomed armored horses can take up to four MW Awlpike stabs which is a joke because it's so freaking easy to block stabs after pikeman stop your horse. It is meant to work as counter to horses, not infantry but I'm afraid it's better anti-infantry weapon than anti-cav.

Also, while it was broken before there is certain point to armored horses having weaker legs than the portion covered by plate. It shouldn't be 0 armor but legs should have same armor rating as unarmored horses. Why is that? Because it's hard to hit legs (only small part are actually leg hitbox) and because blocking on horses is still quite broken (they promised a fix ages ago) hitting legs is usually only way to avoid the block.

Also bumping and bump damage, must be toned down. It was super strong, then weak, then again super strong. Find the middle ground.

After all these changes, you can lower the price of armored horses for all I care.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 01:42:34 am »
Retire once, play for two gen...

This is not Mount & Blade, this is cRPG. If you want Mount & Blade you should go on Mount & Blade forums and talk with turkish devs, admins and moderators. From what I've know, we have no any of those around here.
Well I'm a moderator myself and I'm turkish :)
Mods and admins don't have anything to do with game development, it is the developers only that are associated with the game development. This game is Mount&Blade and cRPG is a modification of it, no matter how modificated it is.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 01:49:23 am »

Why? Cause this is eurocentric mod, and euro gear should be dominant. If you want to roleplay asian char, go somewhere else or deal with malus that goes with your choice of gear.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1709
  • Infamy: 1185
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 02:25:32 am »
Well I'm a moderator myself and I'm turkish :)
Mods and admins don't have anything to do with game development, it is the developers only that are associated with the game development. This game is Mount&Blade and cRPG is a modification of it, no matter how modificated it is.

This mod is so different from original Warband, in almost every way. It has changed so much over past 3 years, it could be separate game if not for legal issues.

This mod added more stuff to Warband, than Bannerlord will. Next Mount&Blade looks like a bit more of same old aka milking the cash cow. Haven't seen anything interesting or new, even menu graphics is different coloured old stuff.

On the other hand, devs of this mod are making a new game from scratch which already looks awesome and fresh aka different.

I know you're Turkish, but I'm not to keen to respect that because I remember how your comrade BattalGazi who isn't even living in Turkey and speaks better English than some British players, reacted to Melee announcement. Let's just say that he called chadz a thief for stealing "original" turkish idea and not keeping developing mods for free (for Bannerlord).

So no, this is not Mount&Blade anymore. It is free mod for Mount&Blade but it's so much more. It's much heavier on resources, has different graphics, different gamemodes, different animation, different geat etc.

@Prpavi
I know you have a thing for far eastern culture and that you're otaku but facts are facts. You know very well how weeaboo gear was always in the shadow of european gear. It has to be like that because that's the way of this mod. It's not like that because I'm saying it or Paul saying otherwise, it is because that's how it shaped over last 3 years. Paul would be a massive twat if he tries to change that by force.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 11:21:37 am »
@Prpavi
I know you have a thing for far eastern culture and that you're otaku but facts are facts. You know very well how weeaboo gear was always in the shadow of european gear. It has to be like that because that's the way of this mod. It's not like that because I'm saying it or Paul saying otherwise, it is because that's how it shaped over last 3 years. Paul would be a massive twat if he tries to change that by force.

No, it's not about me at all. I don't have a problem with using samurai gear or chinese stuff, there aren't many items indeed, but I'm still greatfull for the ones that are there and those few pieces are really kickass imo. I do enjoy playing a plated knight too or an arabian solider, would hate to be restricted to one single culture.

I'd say you got fair enough of equipement from many regions of the world in this mod, sure European preavails but there are stilll lots of choices. As for being eurocentric, I think we all are in a way, kinda hard not to be, but Paul yeah, he can't wait to drop in and point out how Longwsord was much "better" than a Katana. It's like arguing are nVidia or AMD gfx cards better.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 01:05:06 pm »
Super serious EU downvote :( I'm just saying, there needs  to be some reason for less people to play cav, because the amount of players with armored horses is just sickening.

it really seems like a "seasonal thing" 
in EU we had phases of high cav percentages,  now we have an archer/ranged problem...

it usually always balances itself out. 

I am a cav/melee hybrid,  but am mostly playing with a long war axe lately,  fighting cav.  cause its rly a lot of fun to head shot cav with short weapons,  they usually dont expect it,  and its my favorite thing to do atm.  you should really try : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »
This mod is so different from original Warband, in almost every way. It has changed so much over past 3 years, it could be separate game if not for legal issues.
This mod is so different from original Warband; and so are Vikingr, PWmod, Deluge etc. (one also should not forget SP mods, especially The Last Days of The Middle Earth; a mod for Mount&Blade 1.011) The fact that cRPG is different, doesn't make it a whole new game. I don't really think names are that important to be honest. For me, there are not many differences between a mod and a game. Both have my respect equally. But saying cRPG is not a modification of Warband, is simply not true.

This mod added more stuff to Warband, than Bannerlord will. Next Mount&Blade looks like a bit more of same old aka milking the cash cow. Haven't seen anything interesting or new, even menu graphics is different coloured old stuff.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. They didn't release Bannerlord yet. And the thing I've heard is, they will make it so that modding area will also be much more improved if not for the new game enhancements they will bring.

On the other hand, devs of this mod are making a new game from scratch which already looks awesome and fresh aka different.
I can not say I trust the developers of this game. They modded an awesome game and really improved it in a lot fields a lot, but they also introduced many broken game mechanics that the original game never had. One might argue about the balance of native, but it didn't have that many broken game aspects. 1h thrust, polearm thrust, 2h thrust, cRPG kick (let's be honest, it is stupid), upkeep imbalance. Even the name melee battlegrounds is meh, and suggests it will reward infantry classes more than the other classes. I don't really hope much from it and probably stick with bannerlord and it's modifications. If both bannerlord and melee will be crap, I'll simply stop playing them both. No need to be diehard fanatic of any game.

I know you're Turkish, but I'm not to keen to respect that because I remember how your comrade BattalGazi who isn't even living in Turkey and speaks better English than some British players, reacted to Melee announcement. Let's just say that he called chadz a thief for stealing "original" turkish idea and not keeping developing mods for free (for Bannerlord).
When did I say I was expecting some respect because of the country I was born in? I just told that because you told me to contact with turkish moderators, while I was being both by chance. About BattalGazi, I am not responsible of any person but myself. Nor anyone is responsible of me. Not that I don't agree with Battalgazi though.

So no, this is not Mount&Blade anymore. It is free mod for Mount&Blade but it's so much more. It's much heavier on resources, has different graphics, different gamemodes, different animation, different geat etc.
Just a few different animations, which some of them are also shared as OSP files in the taleworlds forum (archer animation for instance) Most of the animations are also Warband animations. Different gear: all of them are OSP and are also used in different mods. It is very heavier on resources, which are built on top of Warband resources just like every other mod. Different gamemodes, yes very different gamemodes: Siege(present in native), Battle(present in native), DTV (Simplified version of other Invasion type mods), Rageball (it was nice but not present anymore), Duel (present in native), Strategus (it is a very good gamemode in idea, but a bit boring at the moment because of plate based armies and stupid game design that promotes crowded clans; not the strategy), Commander mode (hell it was the best thing I've ever seen, but sadly nonexistent at the moment. Although it uses SP gameplay idea, there's not much to it resourcewise).
It is not a wholly new game at all.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:29:16 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 02:48:03 pm »
Kirby, you're so autistic. You're a polearm complaining about cav. If you had a good team with ranged on it or throwers there wouldn't be such a problem. The horse is such a big target for ranged and you can get 1 shotted by a my old friend 1h staber that jumps up cuz of speed , that horse gets rekt all the time and the upkeep is already a lot, I had 6 k repairs when I was cav

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1317
  • Infamy: 329
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 03:03:48 pm »
it really seems like a "seasonal thing" 
in EU we had phases of high cav percentages,  now we have an archer/ranged problem...

it usually always balances itself out. 

I am a cav/melee hybrid,  but am mostly playing with a long war axe lately,  fighting cav.  cause its rly a lot of fun to head shot cav with short weapons,  they usually dont expect it,  and its my favorite thing to do atm.  you should really try : )

You're playing cav cause you suck at everything else. You're probably among easiest cav to deal with then dehorsed. Typical crutcher. Keep downvoting me, punk.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 03:12:26 pm »
+1
yes and also give huge buff

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 01:22:32 am »
+1
Buy 2d polearm-> wait behind team-> stop horses-> farm valor-> win

I do this for valor any time there are tons of cav on the server. My record is 56 points, 0 kills in one round. Thanks cav!
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 01:31:54 am »
+2
You already pay a shit-ton for items that makes you worse off against aware enemies. I don't see any reason for it to be made more expensive.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 01:59:48 am »
+1
You're playing cav cause you suck at everything else. You're probably among easiest cav to deal with then dehorsed. Typical crutcher. Keep downvoting me, punk.

o0  dude get the sand out of your vagina where the hell did I offend you for you to be pissing up my leg.  woha.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 12:31:19 pm »
+4
Horses should not be available as equipment at all: instead, horses should be players. If you want to ride a horse, you should have to find someone who is playing as a horse. The horse player would control his own movement while the rider attacks.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 07:10:48 pm »
+1
Yeah. That way greasy nerds could finally ride me.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.