Author Topic: EU vs NA , Funny pics, good thread is bad  (Read 7525 times)

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
Re: EU vs NA , Funny pics, good thread is bad
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 02:45:30 pm »
+5
NA has one language, EU has a shitload of languages and alot of people with poor english skills.

So in EU only people who feel confident use the chat, this is probably the only difference.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 894
  • Infamy: 1584
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 02:48:32 pm »
+2
Nah, you guys really don't compare. The difference is night and day.

I don't play EU1 anymore (also being artificially nice in game), Panos is bored, Berenger is playing ARMA3. Which leaves us with Bjord, who has his moments of inspiration. Been with alt for 10 mins on EU1 the other day, and witnessed Bjord being beautiful and insulting Chinese players, on the verge of racism. Shit like that won't ever happen on NA1, cause Canary huehue

Jackie used to be quite a sight but now he's just a shell of his former self. Even Shanks is all goody goody these days. Yeah, EU1 drama is dead pretty much, shame :(

Also, I came to conclusion that this community don't like people being nice, on battle/siege servers and strategus as well. It's pointless and boring for them. Therefore I'm going to do what I do best, in january when new strat starts. Both in strat and on battle, just hope badmins like Thomek won't pull out the trigger and mute me many times.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 02:53:03 pm »
+5
I can already predict how this thread will evolve and die

shut the fuck up you little commie, you don't know shit. i read books from stalin (in russian) and h1tler (in greek) and h1tler was way better, at least i could understand him. just because golden dawn kills people doesn't mean they're not good in politics. cunt.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 03:03:02 pm »
+1
woops I just played with my signature and accidentally has left a message here... i'm so clumsy :oops:
But since I did it so here's my pics related to N/A
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
I played N/A some time ago and I can say that I've got even more valour there (whenever of NA 1 or NA 2) than on EU servs. So I can say that average level of NA players is much lower than EU's. By the way you can often see the Eu players appearing on NA strat battles, and very rarely NA's on EU strats.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 04:38:37 pm by Portos »
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 03:04:34 pm »
+5
(click to show/hide)

Another pic of sky ladders
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:09:15 pm by sarissophoroi »

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 03:24:06 pm »
+3
like 90% of the things you said in the OP and the second post you made, are totally wrong..

id suggest stay in EU for a few more months and then make a review of its servers, because you seem to not know anything about it, my mate.

- No one shit talks in EU_1 like in NA_1
-     Most EU mele players are not very good  except for like 6%, the rest are very good shielders, range, and 2h/pole.
you say most aren't very good, except for 6%, that in itself is just random, where did you figure this out?

but then you go ahead and say the rest are very good (pretty much say every class in the game)
so question is when you say most aren't very good what class do you actually mean?

and for the "no one shit talks" its the internet, yes everyone's a big man on the internet, so every does shit talk, yes its shit but shit happens.
plus you got most of the players classes wrong, like i said: Play EU abit more and then comment on it.

Such ignorance. Much Blind.

EDIT:
PS. Best Build 15-27 5 ps 4 shield 9 wm 9 athletics lvl 33 170 wpf 1h , 133 2h, 133 pole GG
Why is this relevant in anyway? i figure this whole thread is a troll thread.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 03:25:32 pm »
+19
- No one shit talks in EU_1 like in NA_1

That is explained by my ancient "below the radar" theorem.

Assuming that the percentage of EU and NA retards is about the same in this game, many EU retards stay below the radar because of the language barrier. Especially if they come from European countries that have a dominant Native tongue like Italy, France, Spain or Germany. Same with Russians. Scumbags from there do not feel proficient enough in English to start rants or retardisms in chat - they have their hands full with mastering their own language in the first place. NA assclowns do not have that problem.

An exception from this rule are the dimwits from the Benelux or Scandinavian (and maybe even Balkan) countries. The Native language is so weak there that American movies or series aren't redubbed like in real European countries. They are simply subtitled. Even for the feeble-minded this results in a generally high level of English, giving them enough confidence to polute Warband chat with their thoughts.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 840
  • Infamy: 2167
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013, 03:32:54 pm »
+6
An exception from this rule are the dimwits from the Benelux or Scandinavian (and maybe even Balkan) countries. The Native language is so weak there that American movies or series aren't redubbed like in real European countries. They are simply subtitled. Even for the feeble-minded this results in a generally high level of English, giving them enough confidence to polute Warband chat with their thoughts.

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013, 03:53:03 pm »
+18
I've played a significant amount of time on EU.  I was in Fallen so I found myself in EU maybe once a week or more.  But I have also been working nights over the last two months and so I play EU in the morning.  I think EU has an entirely different mentality than NA.  You will find teams tend to break off into smaller groups and kite each other around the map.  I am always looking for the main fight in EU and sadly.... it's not the same.  NA is brutal and intense conflict for a few moments and then three minutes of cleanup.  EU tends to spread out a bit more and fight over a larger portion of the map.  That's not to say EU doesn't engage.  I am just saying that on average NA is a lot more likely to have both teams collide in force from map to map.   

I think EU uses an entirely different set of tactics.  EU tends to kite people a lot.  You almost never see anyone kite the enemy in NA.  If it's 1v3 the 1 will undoubtedly charge for their moment of glory lol.  However on EU you spend a significant amount of time simply chasing people.  The biggest difference is that in NA.... if someone is kiting you.... it's because they are an asshole and they want to irritate you.  However on EU if you are being kited.... they are looking for a better tactical position.  For this reason I also find EU players to be more aware of their surroundings than NA.  They are definitely more aware of ranged. 

Yes EU has better archers/crossbowmen....  But NA is FULL of throwers.  I believe the difference originated because of strength stacking.  Once again NA is generally looking to engage the enemy in force as quickly as possible and because of this most NA players have built stronger characters.  EU is the exact opposite.  They tend to look for tactical advantages and therefore tend toward faster players.  And thus Archers are more effective on EU and over time there have been MORE high quality archers develop.  However the opposite is true for NA.  Because of strength stacking we have a lot more high quality throwers.  A lot of EU guys still come in our channel to hang out from time to time and they are generally surprised by the number of throwers on NA.  I believe our throwers would wipe the floor with theirs with very little effort.  The opposite is true for archers. 

As far as shit talking..... yes there is no comparison.  Shit talking on NA is a way of life.  It's like a minigame we are all so happy to play.  The humor is distinct and usually very slapstick.  However EU takes their shit talking seriously.  They may not do it as often as we do but they are very serious about it.  I will say that without question....  EU is fucking highly racist.  It's totally normal to hate on another group of people.  Evidently you can call anyone in EU a Mongol and they will get highly pissed (courtesy of Curtis... thank you Curtis.)  So by in large NA talks shit to taunt specific opponents and we do a LOT of it.  EU.... well the EU servers will at some point be responsible for the next great war in Europe because they talk shit about each others race and nationality.  Case in point....  http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/hasta-siempre-comandante-and-im-saying-bye-to-all/  This dude got totally pissed because someone used an image of his country as a joke.  Then there are 5 pages of why Communism is better than Fascism and visa versa.....  There is some more butthurt Turk talk mixed in with a little Golden Dawn Greek superiority talk.  This is how EU talks shit.  I am just waiting for an all out war. 

As far as pure skill is concerned.....  It's hard to say.  There are great players on both sides but EU has always been bigger than NA.  It's reasonable that with an expanded player base there is a greater level of competition.  However I believe the biggest difference in competition has to with characters.  I think you will find a higher percentage of high level characters on EU.  I don't know if it's because of strat or what.  But the average level in NA is probably 30 with a FEW guys at 35.  But in EU it's nothing for players to be really high level. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 04:26:15 pm by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, 03:59:17 pm »
+1
That is explained by my ancient "below the radar" theorem.

Assuming that the percentage of EU and NA retards is about the same in this game, many EU retards stay below the radar because of the language barrier. Especially if they come from European countries that have a dominant Native tongue like Italy, France, Spain or Germany. Same with Russians. Scumbags from there do not feel proficient enough in English to start rants or retardisms in chat - they have their hands full with mastering their own language in the first place. NA assclowns do not have that problem.

This is what i was trying to say,

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 04:50:26 pm »
+17
EU more like bad

USA USA USA

USA USA USA
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 04:54:39 pm »
+7
EU more like bad

USA USA USA

USA USA USA

USA!

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 04:58:56 pm »
+4
I've played a significant amount of time on EU.  I was in Fallen so I found myself in EU maybe once a week or more.  But I have also been working nights over the last two months and so I play EU in the morning.  I think EU has an entirely different mentality than NA.  You will find teams tend to break off into smaller groups and kite each other around the map.  I am always looking for the main fight in EU and sadly.... it's not the same.  NA is brutal and intense conflict for a few moments and then three minutes of cleanup.  EU tends to spread out a bit more and fight over a larger portion of the map.  That's not to say EU doesn't engage.  I am just saying that on average NA is a lot more likely to have both teams collide in force from map to map.   

I think EU uses an entirely different set of tactics.  EU tends to kite people a lot.  You almost never see anyone kite the enemy in NA.  If it's 1v3 the 1 will undoubtedly charge for their moment of glory lol.  However on EU you spend a significant amount of time simply chasing people.  The biggest difference is that in NA.... if someone is kiting you.... it's because they are an asshole and they want to irritate you.  However on EU if you are being kited.... they are looking for a better tactical position.  For this reason I also find EU players to be more aware of their surroundings than NA.  They are definitely more aware of ranged. 

Yes EU has better archers/crossbowmen....  But NA is FULL of throwers.  I believe the difference originated because of strength stacking.  Once again NA is generally looking to engage the enemy in force as quickly as possible and because of this most NA players have built stronger characters.  EU is the exact opposite.  They tend to look for tactical advantages and therefore tend toward faster players.  And thus Archers are more effective on EU and over time there have been MORE high quality archers develop.  However the opposite is true for NA.  Because of strength stacking we have a lot more high quality throwers.  A lot of EU guys still come in our channel to hang out from time to time and they are generally surprised by the number of throwers on NA.  I believe our throwers would wipe the floor with theirs with very little effort.  The opposite is true for archers. 

As far as shit talking..... yes there is no comparison.  Shit talking on NA is a way of life.  It's like a minigame we are all so happy to play.  The humor is distinct and usually very slapstick.  However EU takes their shit talking seriously.  They may not do it as often as we do but they are very serious about it.  I will say that without question....  EU is fucking highly racist.  It's totally normal to hate on another group of people.  Evidently you can call anyone in EU a Mongol and they will get highly pissed (courtesy of Curtis... thank you Curtis.)  So by in large NA talks shit to taunt specific opponents and we do a LOT of it.  EU.... well the EU servers will at some point be responsible for the next great war in Europe because they talk shit about each others race and nationality.  Case in point....  http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/hasta-siempre-comandante-and-im-saying-bye-to-all/  This dude got totally pissed because someone used an image of his country as a joke.  Then there are 5 pages of why Communism is better than Fascism and visa versa.....  There is some more butthurt Turk talk mixed in with a little Golden Dawn Greek superiority talk.  This is how EU talks shit.  I am just waiting for an all out war. 

As far as pure skill is concerned.....  It's hard to say.  There are great players on both sides but EU has always been bigger than NA.  It's reasonable that with an expanded player base there is a greater level of competition.  However I believe the biggest difference in competition has to with characters.  I think you will find a higher percentage of high level characters on EU.  I don't know if it's because of strat or what.  But the average level in NA is probably 30 with a FEW guys at 35.  But in EU it's nothing for players to be really high level. 

I agree with pretty much every point. At times I feels like it's more hostile when I visited EU since I don't understand the inside jokes yet.

The different tactics makes it fresh and interesting to me, especially since people tend to fight in areas that will never occur on NA. I don't know which group to stay with sometimes and end up alone often even when I thought I was following them.

One oddity I noticed is that I see one team completely destroy the other much more often. On low population it's especially noticeable, seeing multiple rounds (with good players on both sides) where one team only loses 1-3 players.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2013, 05:05:18 pm »
I agree with pretty much every point. At times I feels like it's more hostile when I visited EU since I don't understand the inside jokes yet.

The different tactics makes it fresh and interesting to me, especially since people tend to fight in areas that will never occur on NA. I don't know which group to stay with sometimes and end up alone often even when I thought I was following them.

One oddity I noticed is that I see one team completely destroy the other much more often. On low population it's especially noticeable, seeing multiple rounds (with good players on both sides) where one team only loses 1-3 players.

wait until you see a Merc or Byz stack when its working well. Byz roll up with lots of spears etc its near impossible to win a round (stacks haven't happened so much the last few weeks)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2013, 05:08:44 pm »
+1
Yeah, I've seen equal amounts of Merc, Deserters, Equus (spelling?), and a few Byz/HRE/Nord the last few days.