Author Topic: Tournament discussion  (Read 2025 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Tournament discussion
« on: December 18, 2013, 02:26:19 am »
+20
EDIT: Ok we've finally decided on rules and stuff;

Tournament subscriptions will start 1st March and will conclude at 8 March; to subscribe just make a post on a thread we will create in the events section with the name of the team, the roster, and the captain; the roster will be made from 5 to 8 players (3 substitutions), no clan restriction; a captain has to be named per each team, with a role of a representative (if anything goes wrong or if there has to be any discussion about dates and stuff like that there has to be someone to contact); same players can't be subscribed for more than a team.

Rules:

• 5 vs 5
  • Entry Fee is 150k per team (a maximum of 30k per player to a minimum of 18.75k)
  • Max 1 ranged (Xbow or Archer)
  • Max 1 200+ weapon lenght user (pike or long spear)
  • Max 1 Crash through
  • Max 1 Cav (1h or lancer; a HA will count as both ranged and cav) - The cav player will have a gear cost limit, which will be set at 60k
  • Max 2 Shielders (either hoplites or one hander)
  • Max 1 Thrower (will not be considered as ranged)
  • Max weight allowed (which means not above): Head armor=2.6; Body armor = 16.6; Leg armor = 2.6; Hand armor = 1.2
  • Only STF allowed; 10 min before the matches to every player of each team will be assigned a number from 1 to 99 from each team (team A decides team B's number and vice versa), each one has to rename his STF adding his given number (STF renames don't need admin approvals)
  • No looms allowed
  • The class restrictions are referred only to the 5 playing teammates, which means that if i have 2 shielders playing, i could still have a shielder as sub; 3 shielders though can't play at the same time.
  • Every player can respec his STF during the tournament, even during a match
  • 2 maps per match, 4 rounds per map; each team will chose a map from the map list (we'll make one soon)

I'll also add the list of the referees/tournament admins that gave me their availability (hope it'll grow);

Prpavi - Steam: prpavi
SirCymro - might even stream some of matches
Latviano
Panos_the_Bear
Tizzango
Tuetensuppe
Benkei - Steam: benkeii

if it's possible please give me your steam accounts/ts address where to find you, same will go for captains once we'll open subscriptions. I really hope we'll manage to do something, I'd really appreciate to do a good tournament in memory of belmont's one  :) . So this is pretty much all, again ask if needed, and start thinking about your team if you're ready to partecipate.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:46:44 am by darmaster »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Tournament discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 11:22:43 am »
+4
Wee I absolutely love tournaments and would love to help in any way possible, you can count on my help,

add me on Steam: prpavi
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 11:33:42 am »
+4
Sounds great! I like the rules and the match set up.

One question; Which map(s) will be played? I think Native maps work great like the Nord Town, Port Assualt, Sandi Boush etc.

Personally I dislike custom arena maps or a restricted area on maps (like the last Fallen tourney)
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 11:37:05 am »
+5
The problem these days is Strat and now strat is ending it has become an ideal time for tournaments, but the problem has been the prize money given out, its rather low and thus people are not motivated to play, not saying its the peoples fault who organise the tournament as its very kind of them to offer prize money and looms, but 1 LP and some money split between 5 people is never ideal.

This is the point where the devs come in, larger prize pools supplied by the devs would for one kick start any tournament and get people interested, but these days everyone has looms and money in abundant.

This is where other sorts of prizes come in, Real money (is this allowed?) this may be extravagant for something like c-rpg as the player base isn't really large enough, but it would be  good to start now and have some practice in preparation for melee battlegrounds, which if goes well could be huge for tournaments.

If you get this tournament anywhere near completion and set up well, (i wouldn't mind helping) i will pledge £25 on the activity during the tournament.

What i would be interested in, is a collective gear cost rather than  an individual, and then no armour restrictions, so you could either distribute the moeny evenly between all the player or have one tank and then one peasant, would be interesting.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:05:15 pm by strudog »
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 12:07:33 pm »
+2
Sounds pretty nice Darmaster. The rules make all make sense and seem fair.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 12:20:02 pm »
+3
Honestly I think there is pretty low player interest these days anyway for tournaments.

I thought Gnjus his tournament was a really nice set-up, fitting in the spirit of cRPG. Show up was measly though. It was in fact properly advertized, there was prize money and it was really easy to form a team and join.
http://forum.melee.org/events/5-a-side-free-for-all-tournament/

It had no restrictions whatsoever. Wanna do a full plated charger team? Go ahead. Wanna do a full horse crossbowman team? Go ahead. Experience has taught us that nobody risks doing these things and everybody goes for a mostly balanced set-up. The game is actually balanced enough to pull these things off.

Personally I dislike custom arena maps or a restricted area on maps (like the last Fallen tourney)
I think arena maps are fine, they should just be very large and actually contain objects and spots with cover. Much like the arena was in Gnjus his tournament. Doing small flat open arenas is of course dumb, because it completely fucks over any cav or crossbowmen and places a huge emphasis on shielders to prevent an important headshot at the start of the round.

If you go with actual battle maps, it is tricky to do those with multiple teams in one session. I really don't think a seperate matches system is going work out with the current playerbase and interest. Clan league was very troublesome in that regard.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 12:20:36 pm »
+5
Stru i don't believe in giving out real life cash for a fun tournament. The lure of tournaments isn't just to win some gold or a LP its for glory and fun!

Biggest problem is the events section. no one looks in there very often :D if they would leave a thread here it might get more players
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 12:26:46 pm »
+2
I'd like to participate.

Steam: Ronin http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026859121/
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 12:31:36 pm »
+3
Stru i don't believe in giving out real life cash for a fun tournament. The lure of tournaments isn't just to win some gold or a LP its for glory and fun!

Biggest problem is the events section. no one looks in there very often :D if they would leave a thread here it might get more players

I disagree entirely, the lure of looms and gold has not worked to this point, and people would especially like to have the extra cash for just having fun on a game, would you? winning £10 here and there is more helpful than winning 1 LP and some gold, its cash i have to spare, i would like to donate more but as this is a new concept i kept it low, with increasing interest for these kind of tournaments i would only see the prize Money going up and up, tbh i am looking to the future more than till now. If Melee is a huge hit with people then i see no reason why tournaments would become a big factor, they already do it in native, its getting bigger and bigger over there. Its something that could be turned into a business, but im not looking that far ahead.

If you start off at grass roots you are more likely to succeed
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 01:17:34 pm »
+1
i can vouch for this guy , he says the truth , he enjoyed the Shogunate Tournament (like all of us) so much that he dreamed for another event like this.
Give him this opportunity so he can tell to his grandsons he led this historical event in the crpg era.

also...this thread cannot go far without gifs

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 01:20:20 pm »
+2
tl;dr but sing me up
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 01:24:28 pm »
+2
It especially for these things i wish i had more time!

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 01:25:55 pm »
+6
oh hey , forgot to say .... i could do the cheerleader for this tournament !!!!!

(click to show/hide)

Winner team can bukkake me  :oops: :shock: :mrgreen:

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 01:29:32 pm »
+2
oh hey , forgot to say .... i could do the cheerleader for this tournament !!!!!

(click to show/hide)

Tempting!! :D

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 01:30:11 pm »
+3

(click to show/hide)

PORCO DIO!  :lol: