Author Topic: 1 vs 1 Tournament , 1st: ATZE, 2nd: EMCURE, 3d: HAGUR. Well done people.  (Read 73385 times)

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
Re: 1 vs 1 Tournament, BRACKET & Prizes are up!
« Reply #930 on: January 23, 2014, 04:47:44 pm »
+6
Almost no kicks/jumps/360/chambers/nudges, mostly stabbing the ground, feinting/hitting left while going right, and not even that much "good-looking" macros.
It may be an efficient stance on combat but it was painful to watch, Tor vs Kpu was really something else and it only had chambers and "natural" combos!

The worst cRPG very high level duels are those 1 trick pony duels.

Meh, stop complaining about unentertaining duels, this isn't a style competition where specs give marks out of 10. The only important thing here is to beat your oponent no matter what, and if boring him to death works, then I see no reason not to use it. And trust me, Atze vs Qoray wasn't boring at all compared to some others.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #931 on: January 23, 2014, 05:02:19 pm »
Almost no kicks/jumps/360/chambers/nudges, mostly stabbing the ground, feinting/hitting left while going right, and not even that much "good-looking" macros.
It may be an efficient stance on combat but it was painful to watch, Tor vs Kpu was really something else and it only had chambers and "natural" combos!

The worst cRPG very high level duels are those 1 trick pony duels.

Because hiltslashes are less stupid than wiggles and lolstabs? Both Tor and Kpu does a lot of hiltslashes. :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 23, 2014, 05:08:51 pm »
Because hiltslashes are less stupid than wiggles and lolstabs?
Let's be honest, there weren't even this many stabs there... they were mostly used for feinting or trying to outrange. Atze used some stabs more often though. There were planty of wiggles, true. Other actions are usually too risky to use when compared to the low offense bonus that they provide. It's way easier to get hit but it's only slightly easier to hit an enemy. Duels are borken.

Skyrim UI

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #933 on: January 23, 2014, 05:26:05 pm »
+1
here are Atze and Qoray duels, with bonus slow motion footage just for kafein

Terrible weather again, makes the quality look even worse

Dat Qoray macros!                                           so impressive
                                                    such wows                  dat skillz
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #934 on: January 23, 2014, 05:28:52 pm »
Dat Qoray macros!                                           so impressive
                                                    such wows                  dat skillz

yeah i like that meme too :D

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #935 on: January 23, 2014, 05:30:17 pm »
Well, you are a Kurd and from Turkey. I wouldn't expect you too have any respect for women.

How can you really think I don't have respect for women, haven't you heard of men beating,killing women just because they talked with some other man , women being forced to be with people cus they lack money? I ve been beaten many times by ignorant people just because I tried to tell them what equality is , many times I questioned imam brains asked "why is there no women prophets?" ? .The answer was always this "Women aren't strong enough to become a prophet.(ffs?!)"

Yes I may be young its true ,but I know enough about women , and have respect to them more than anyone else in this country, the women i mentioned before were these ;

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Translating is not necessary, the main idea of these videos; they completely know nothing about whats happening around them, they re just overrating whats told them to do.

Hope you understand.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
« Reply #936 on: January 23, 2014, 05:37:05 pm »
How can you really think I don't have respect for women, haven't you heard of men beating,killing women just because they talked with some other man , women being forced to be with people cus they lack money? I ve been beaten many times by ignorant people just because I tried to tell them what equality is , many times I questioned imam brains asked "why is there no women prophets?" ? .The answer was always this "Women aren't strong enough to become a prophet.(ffs?!)"

Yes I may be young its true ,but I know enough about women , and have respect to them more than anyone else in this country, the women i mentioned before were these ;

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Translating is not necessary, the main idea of these videos; they completely know nothing about whats happening around them, they re just overrating whats told them to do.

Hope you understand.

So based on theese vid's you make points about women in general? Kinda interesting, isn't it?
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #937 on: January 23, 2014, 05:44:13 pm »
So based on theese vid's you make points about women in general? Kinda interesting, isn't it?

I didnt meet much foreigner women in my life, so that statement is for Turks ^^ They will just never listen to you if you re against them. I tried to have many conversations with them (not only women tho, all of the turkish people) , we all lack the skill of listening to each other so it causes crisis.Yeah, my sentence is not what i meant, sorry :P

I explained.Couldn't express myself correctly at first time.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 23, 2014, 05:44:59 pm »
+1
Different cultures have different approach to women&politics (still). In some lands woman that betrays her husband gets killed, so I am likely to believe that in some countries women may be uninformed when it comes to politics because of the sub-role that they play in the society. Dunno, never have been in such a place but I can't say that what Kratos says is impossible there.

Skyrim UI

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 23, 2014, 05:45:10 pm »
I explained.Couldn't express myself correctly at first time.

Ah, sorry then :)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #940 on: January 23, 2014, 05:59:47 pm »
+7
Let's be honest, there weren't even this many stabs there... they were mostly used for feinting or trying to outrange. Atze used some stabs more often though. There were planty of wiggles, true. Other actions are usually too risky to use when compared to the low offense bonus that they provide. It's way easier to get hit but it's only slightly easier to hit an enemy. Duels are borken.

You failed to see my point. I replied to Butan's post who mentioned floor stabbing as an example of a "dirty" move, and asked if the hiltslashing of Tor and Kpu is more "clean" than the wiggles and stabs of other duelists. Every way to get a hit in is worth to explore, and doing whatever puts you, based on your own specific skills at the best advantage possible, should be the main target. For some, those tricks are lolwiggles, for some there are held sI love youtabs, other relies on held chambers and being patient, and some on hiltslash or kicks etc. Beating your opponent while being put at the least risk while doing so is always the main focus.

Dubbing some duels as boring because you don't agree with the fighters' dueling style is not my cup of tea.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 23, 2014, 07:17:09 pm »
+1
I was speaking of the video, not the skill of the duellers :)
I'm just very underwhelmed by the "tension" of this duel.
It is cRPG faults that we have so much incentive for defensive/unnatural moves against more cinematographic fighting styles.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #942 on: January 23, 2014, 07:53:13 pm »
+6
I was speaking of the video, not the skill of the duellers :)
I'm just very underwhelmed by the "tension" of this duel.
It is cRPG faults that we have so much incentive for defensive/unnatural moves against more cinematographic fighting styles.

Well M&B is segmented as a realistic medieval fighting game where surviving is key, if you want some Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon-style fighting there are plenty of games out there where you can summon meteorites of angry kittens while 780 degree no-target no-armor huge-irrealistic-weapon&huge boobs dealing 87547392858361957623945762349 damage (admire my keyboard concerto here) and enemy loses 2 hp.

Rien de personnel my dear Butan, it's just that you're spoiling a bit the nice tourney atmo here, and as a full str tincan you're not really to talk about superior moves either ;)
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #943 on: January 23, 2014, 07:59:31 pm »
+1
Hagur uses a lot of fancy-looking tricks in duels (and so do I), and while I doubt he's gonna use something like that in duel vs Atze for example, this fighting style can still be quite effective.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:37 pm »
Well M&B is segmented as a realistic medieval fighting game where surviving is key, if you want some Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon-style fighting there are plenty of games out there where you can summon meteorites of angry kittens while 780 degree no-target no-armor huge-irrealistic-weapon&huge boobs dealing 87547392858361957623945762349 damage (admire my keyboard concerto here) and enemy loses 2 hp.

Rien de personnel my dear Butan, it's just that you're spoiling a bit the nice tourney atmo here, and as a full str tincan you're not really to talk about superior moves either ;)

Rien de personnel either, but my point of view stands.

There is a lot of other fighting styles in cRPG, and I appreciate them more, that is all.

As you should know better than others, full str doesnt mean full retardness  :wink:  everything is more or less available as long as you have keyboard and mouse.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:00:28 pm by Butan »