Author Topic: Ode Declares war on Wessex! (make EU drama here)  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Ode Declares war on Wessex! (make EU drama here)
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:31:57 pm »
+9
Yes Anglo-Saxon fans the French have decided to break our nap and declare war on the Kingdom of Wessex. (use this thread if your going to flame or drama or troll so we can read and enjoy)

King Aethelstan was confused by the messenger as to the reasons for the war as they seem dubious at best.

The King was informed that due to an attack on Vayejeg owned by the faction less Fenris_Millzius that our NAP is terminated and they expect to retake Vayejeg.
due to my surprise that a non existent strategus faction can be included in a nap without actually being mentioned once in said nap or the ODE faction page i had to request authentication of the declaration of war which I received.

Because Ode are breaking a perfectly good nap for suspect reasons Wessex calls for roster support when the time comes and any aid would be appreciated :D

Long story short:

Fenris is nowhere listed as an ODE ally. Not in any msgs to me or in their faction thread.
The guy was and is in no strat faction so wouldn't come under a strat nap anyway.
It took Ode 10 days to decide it broke a nap rather than say anything at the time of the battle. (even had ODE strat member ask to join my side of the battle)

my suspicion is that after the battle Fenris (kinngrimm) went around QQing and asking for aid and that to get a clan to break a nap for a clan that doesn't exist on strat or hold any fiefs that a sizeable gift probably was promised.  Ode are welcome to dispute this and provide more sound reasoning or there will be no drama :(

my one man faction may be too hardcore for Fenris to fight alone but I will fight with Anglo-Saxon determination! May the blood flow and the Shieldwall stand strong!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:48:56 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
Re: Ode Declares war on Wessex!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 09:39:51 pm »
+4
Cowardly French. BURN THEM!
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: Ode Declares war on Wessex!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:43:49 pm »
+1
A war ye' say.. someone hold my ale!
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Ode Declares war on Wessex! (make EU drama here)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 09:50:08 pm »
+2
One good turn deserves another. Let's squash some frogs.
Don't.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 09:50:16 pm »
You have my sword, and hammer, axe, shield, second and third sword, spear, second axe, knife, dagger, crossbow and horse!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 10:37:11 pm »
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline OCF_Squall

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • you're shadow, my shadow
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ordre de L'Etoile
  • Game nicks: OdE_Squall
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 12:33:02 am »
+2
 I want to clarify that the NPA has been signed on the 9 October, but in the meantime we had dealings with other factions and it has changed the diplomatic situation. The reason why we didnt talk about it before is because we had a restructuration of the OdE leadership. One of the first subject laid on the table after we had newly appointed commanders was how to act with Vayeyeg, and we decided to break the NAP on the basis that you attacked an allied faction.
If you feel insulted by this, know that we could have just sent armies to attack your holdings without any kind of warning, that would have been much worse in my point of view. So please do not insult the french or the OdE, we didnt insult you or any country and we will continue like this if you allow us to.

Now, one other thing, this is not a proper declaration of war but a breaking of the non agression pact. War will follow if it does, and only when it does, calling this a war before there is any battle is an obvious attempt to look like a victim to draw strategus support, something that you dont even try to hide in your first message.

To conclude, I hope it will be good drama and not bad drama, thank you for your understanding and sorry for bad english.

OdE_Squall
you're shadow, my shadow

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 12:42:22 am »
+8
I am the "victim" as you say.  You declare that you will attack vajeyeg that is war?

OdE_Thorvic_dAquitaine
Yeah, we are allies with Fenris, and that'q the reason about the new war between us

but yeah not a war. if you say so  :rolleyes:

and we decided to break the NAP on the basis that you attacked an allied faction. <---- if your going to ally a faction ill give you some hints. First make sure that faction actually exists on the strategus map secondly INFORM people you have relations with?

oh by the way anyone i ever attack in the future. i have secret allies that you wont know about until your attack is 10 days old and until i decide I want to attack you because someone else cant do it for themselves because that is how logic works. Even if you attack someone who isnt actually in a faction they are my secret allies too.

I don't feel insulted by your clear lack of any real reasoning to break a nap and use a 10 day old attack on a faction less player to make you feel like your in the right :) I guess i learnt lesson number 1 for strat. dont bother trusting anyone who likes kinngrimm because they will turn on you the second kinn begs (but yes moar drama)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:05:09 am by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 08:11:42 am »
+1

He smells fear...
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Thorvic

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ordre de l'Étoile
  • Game nicks: OdE_Thorvic
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 08:39:43 am »
I am the "victim" as you say.  You declare that you will attack vajeyeg that is war ?

OdE_Thorvic_dAquitaine
Yeah, we are allies with Fenris, and that'q the reason about the new war between us

but yeah not a war. if you say so  :rolleyes:

Now, one other thing, this is not a proper declaration of war but a breaking of the non agression pact.

I know using the term "war" is maybe too much, in the facts we don't have any interest about attacking your faction, but as i said to you, the fact you attacked the village owned by the Wolves of Fenris just accelerated the things (ok, it took a couple of days, but we are a democracy, and it take a lot of time  8-))

Anyway, good luck in this "war" (call it how you want, breaking of the nap, cowardly charge etc) and  i hope for you that it will be a good resistance from you (As you do against the Russians as defending Saren :) )

Regards
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:43:53 am by Thorvic »

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 09:27:52 am »
kingrimm ruining strat again, things just dont change
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline SanGliers_Manouck

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: OdE_Manouck_du_Dauphine, La Sexy Biche
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 11:37:04 am »
+6
Less Talking, More raping  8-) 
(click to show/hide)
¤ Ordre de l'Etoile ¤

Te penches pas comme ça !!! tu vas prendre 9 mois!

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 11:47:10 am »
+7
kingrimm ruining strat again, things just dont change

Is strat ruined???? Aaaaaah, you mean you got taken more or less out of the game so in your point of view its ruined - well, then u could blame most of the clans on the map for that since most clans were against you for some reason - even some of your former allies. Wonder how that could ave happen - your clan being so likeable and all  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 12:01:49 pm »
+2
A diplomatic move would have been to talk to the officialy proclaimed partner in a NAP before breaking it,  especially if there is no official link to the attacked ally Fenris.  After all Wessex couldnt know they are attacking your ally if that liaison isnt official.

that being said I am happy to see this shit going down,  the most fun strat battles evolve from back-to-the-wall situations :-)
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 12:51:32 pm »
Wessex ? What is that ? A clan ?
Anyway, I have thousands men ready to fight. Good Luck Sir !

OdE KrisTovi de Normandie