Author Topic: Do Not Eat the Red Snow (WFA's Stand Against CC)  (Read 6459 times)

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
Do Not Eat the Red Snow (WFA's Stand Against CC)
« on: December 10, 2013, 01:09:52 am »
+16
Within the keep of Radoghir  castle a figure slumped, head resting propped up on an elbow over a table covered with maps and lists of troops, weapons, armor, and supplies. Despite the fire roaring in the hearth there seemed to be a chill in the air. The figure rose to his feet and moved over to where sword rested on an elegantly carved wooden stand. A few measured swings and practice cuts soon restored clarity to a mind burdened with countless hours of planning and writing messages.

Looking at the blade, small nicks and scratches were visible on the brightly polished and well oiled surface, the tell tell signs of many wars: a battle tapestry etched in steel. Just then a herald broke Thalion's meditation on the riddle of steel to bring a message, a proclamation of resistance written by the stalwart dwarf commander, Radsvid. As the herald read the message aloud Thalion at first only smiled grimly, but soon began to laugh, at first quiet chuckle before escalating to a maniacal cacophony. The herald trailed off in his reading and looked uncomfortably towards the door.

"What does it matter!? What does it matter how many banners come against us?! Let them all come, one and all. Gobblins! Frisians! Ravens! Dracul! What does it matter whether we fight ten thousand or ten times that?! Death and doom! Let no sword remain sheathed, let know arrow remain unspent. A red snow shall cover the plains this winter" The crazed laughter ensued and echoed out into the courtyard. Horsed shifted nervously and the women and children began to weep , meanwhile the voices of crows joined in with the laughter, ever greedy for more carrion to fill their bellies. Finally, silence fell inside the keep of Radogir. Thalion stood looking westward, towards Sungetche a calm expression now having settled on his face having made peace with fate.

End RP:

Those who wish to fight for honor come join us on the plains of battle. What? You do not know the way brave warrior? Harken to my words.  Merely cast your gaze to the horizon to look for the spiraling flocks of carrion birds. There, the Warriors of the First Age will have made their stand.  Your reward? A seat in Valhalla. Glory for your soul and gore for your blade. Remembered are those in history, who when few stood against many.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Built

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • I guess P.T. Barnum was right
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DWARVES
  • Game nicks: Radsvid, Eirik, Angry something
  • IRC nick: Built
Re: Do Not Eat the Red Snow (WFA's Stand Against CC)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 01:35:34 am »
Radsvid looked up out of the darkness that was the Hall of Coin. Ascending the stairs, natural light poured onto his eyes for the first time in days. His neck turns as he hears the most unsettling laugh.

"What is he up to this time..."
Also, James, you were legitimately mad at a rhyming dwarf on the internet.

Offline Socks

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
  • im gay
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: platypus
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 01:35:49 am »
if u got 10 ps u have skill

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:38:28 am »
+5
Hi, I'm the bad guy in this story and I approve this message.

P.S. Larry is managing the occupation of the local territories, I hope the people of Bhulaban like bisexual anthropomorphic cheetahs.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 09:48:02 pm »
+3
Hi, I'm the bad guy in this story and I approve this message.

P.S. Larry is managing the occupation of the local territories, I hope the people of Bhulaban like bisexual anthropomorphic cheetahs.

I know I do, so I'm sure they will to.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 01:31:16 am »
+1
Alright, after studious study of the Official Strategus Census, I have realized how grossly unfair the odds are against  our enemies, the Central Confederacy and the Gobblin King.  Obviously, CC's declaration of war on us was to prevent us from overrunning the Gobblin King's new-found strongholds in Calradia. As it is obvious that both CC and Gobblin King have much more to risk in this war than the WFA, we would like to let the record show what we would gladly accept their honorable surrender, keep their colors and play only the most reasonable of war reparations.

WFA: 0.4% CRPG wealth
vs. Gobblins 15.1%
CC 9.4%
Total:  WFA 0.4% vs 24.5% of NA

Garrisoned Troops:
WFA 1.9%
Gobblins 14.8%
CC 5.1%
WFA  1.9% vs 19.9% of Garrisoned Troops:

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 01:41:15 am »
+2
We're not working with the GOBBLINS at all, and we certainly didn't declare war to help them, we just want your castle.  We don't want your troops, we don't want to send your guys to EU, we don't want your money, we're just here to complete our war goal.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 04:23:01 am »
I believe(if I was informed correctly) that If you were to leave the castle with your troops and gear, you would not be attacked by our faction and left to go wherever you choose, different story if you were to go TO the castle.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 04:23:30 am »
+3
We're not working with the GOBBLINS at all, and we certainly didn't declare war to help them, we just want your castle.  We don't want your troops, we don't want to send your guys to EU, we don't want your money, we're just here to complete our war goal.

But EU is filled with gremlins and monsters and bad people. I'd much rather face the sodomy of Gobblins or Frisians, the idiotic comments of Bicep, or or even worse; Clockwork's singing.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:44 am »
+10

I know Artyem. If you could not tell, i was being a bit sarcastic. I hoped the absurd nature of my claims would aid in making that plain. Also, I really do appreciate the offer to withdraw from the castle with the garrison, that is quite chivalrous of you and does your clan honor. However, the general tone  of WFA is that we are tired of withdrawing as fief after fief are cut away from us. This time we stand to show through martial deeds that our territorial integrity should be respected.  See you on the field, good sir. *Salutes*

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 07:57:39 am »
+12
(click to show/hide)

Dalfador looked out over the blinding white Tundra on his exit from Radoghir castle. Thalion was on the walls above the gate. They looked at eachother and made quick but assuring nods. He broke into a gallop and rode along the side of his Grand army, beginning a speech.

"Friends! Brothers of the Order! I know not where this path takes us; but I do know one thing. Across this domain of emptiness and despair, we have brethren fighting to their last gasp atop the thin walls of Sungetche Castle. Yet they stand there and persevere. Every last one of those men can never be thanked enough for their STALWART defense thus far. So let us do what we can." 

Dalfador raised his war spear high in the air.

"Soldiers! Be my lion! Frighten the wolves! Be my stallion! Tremble the ground! Onward, to Sungetche, TO OUR BROTHERS!"

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 03:11:05 pm »
+5
So all the small fiefdoms are content to just get taken one by one by the nasty gobblins?  Is there no Prince to unite them all against the evil of Mordor?

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 03:45:32 pm »
+8
Alright, after studious study of the Official Strategus Census, I have realized how grossly unfair the odds are against  our enemies, the Central Confederacy and the Gobblin King.  Obviously, CC's declaration of war on us was to prevent us from overrunning the Gobblin King's new-found strongholds in Calradia. As it is obvious that both CC and Gobblin King have much more to risk in this war than the WFA, we would like to let the record show what we would gladly accept their honorable surrender, keep their colors and play only the most reasonable of war reparations.

WFA: 0.4% CRPG wealth
vs. Gobblins 15.1%
CC 9.4%
Total:  WFA 0.4% vs 24.5% of NA

Garrisoned Troops:
WFA 1.9%
Gobblins 14.8%
CC 5.1%
WFA  1.9% vs 19.9% of Garrisoned Troops:

Both factions are only capable of doing one strat battle per night before their parents make them go to bed.  You should be able to hold out for quite a while.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 05:28:53 pm »
+1
Fight on brave warriors! Loyal Dalfador leads his men into the jaws of the enemy to raise the siege on Sungetche! The walls must hold! Rally and repel the invaders! Huzzah!

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 05:42:08 pm »
+3
As long as finnian stops pew pewing me, he killed me like 6 times last battle.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:45:19 pm by Risen_Jack »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.