Author Topic: I hate supermarket workers.  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: I hate supermarket workers.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 01:42:42 am »

No seriously, they can be the biggest D-bags for absolutely no reason.

Take an example that just happened half hour ago, lol.

there is a saying, opportunity makes a thief.

anyway, if a security guard checks you, then do not try to be funny (just try to be calm and polite) and for the love of god do not say something like "i have not steal anything.", this makes you even more suspicious.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 01:49:18 am »
In their defense, they were probably giving you a hard time because you came in close to closing time.

Its the biggest dick move a customer can pull.

Exactly why I was hurrying, I was glad I reached it when heading home before it closed, and when I was about to pay I opened with

"Oh sorry for bugging you at the time when you make the final preparations for closing and stuff"

Then got this moment. I tend to be polite but when I get buggered like that, I give some back.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 01:56:04 am »
+1
For the most part, I've only encountered particularly nice supermarket workers or normal ones in this country.

Until I got posted to this base.

The commissary has the worst staff I've ever encountered in the United States. They are generally rude, shout at you, discriminate based on rank, and still expect to be tipped afterward. It's bizarre. It's not like these are military people. They just work on a military base, but man do they think they're all drill sergeants. Maybe they're lifetime military wives or something. Who knows.

Take a drive outside the base and the supermarkets are staffed with helpful, humorous people. Such a stark difference.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 02:00:10 am »
If you lived in America, he probably would have tasered you for resisting

I've never met a bad supermarket worker....or a waiter...or anyone else for that matter

Everyone must just be super nice here.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 02:05:25 am »
If you lived in America, he probably would have tasered you for resisting

'murica

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 03:40:49 am »
+6
there is a saying, opportunity makes a thief.

anyway, if a security guard checks you, then do not try to be funny (just try to be calm and polite) and for the love of god do not say something like "i have not steal anything.", this makes you even more suspicious.
Haha, why? If you have nothing to hide, why not fuck with them?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Mala

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 08:56:29 am »
then it takes only longer.
in this case they had no real proof but only a vague suspicion.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 09:05:35 am »
+1
I dunno about other countries but here those wannabe-detectives are actually not allowed to check your bags or your pockets if you deny it to them. You can simply say "Nope". They are however allowed to hold you - even by force - until the police arrives cuz they can check your stuff...

Ofc it would be a waste of time to let it go down that way if you haven't done anything.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 09:13:18 am »
+6
In their defense, they were probably giving you a hard time because you came in close to closing time.

Its the biggest dick move a customer can pull.

Right, because closing time actually means "Don't come in half an hour before this time, you dickhead". If they don't want any customers at a certain time, then maybe they should put the closing time BEFORE this moment. I know, real innovative concept, huh? Also, if they hate customers so much, maybe they should only sell goods to each other, and never actually open the store.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 10:19:09 am »
I dunno about other countries but here those wannabe-detectives are actually not allowed to check your bags or your pockets if you deny it to them. You can simply say "Nope". They are however allowed to hold you - even by force - until the police arrives cuz they can check your stuff...

Ofc it would be a waste of time to let it go down that way if you haven't done anything.
Are you sure? In here, they're only allowed to detain you if they're SURE you took something; they have the same rights as anyone, pretty much. Suspicion isn't enough. Are you sure the law says that they're allowed to hold someone based on suspicion alone until the police comes?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 11:05:23 am »
Well, I am not sure but very confident it is like this.

Let me put it this way: As far as I know, they are allowed to hold you till the police arrives.

Everyone has that right here when witnessed a crime. Just on a suspicion might be different but what stops you from just saying "I saw how he took something w/o paying." If it turns out wrong, you're off your job in the worst case, best case getting your wrist slapped...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 11:14:12 am »
That is how it often works in practice here as well. They're, in theory, breaking the law, but happens all the time. And mostly they're right, or the one they unlawfully detained is someone who really doesn't want to deal with the police anyway.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Knife

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fällen Brigäde
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 11:27:10 am »
I'm really not familiar with the supermarket laws here, but I think you can deny their requests to search you indeed, but if they have a pretty valid suspicion they can and will hold you and you really can't deny the search from the police, can ya? To be honest, I think police's called with every incident that counts as law breaking, at least in here. Putting the ultra-pro speculation together with my personal experience (stuff I saw, though didn't see anything because I never look) and the information my friend gave me when she was working at one of the supermarkets, told some stuff about the security and some incidents. And of course I can't remember most of them because...yeah. However, I do remember that they could get 10% (something like that, not more though) bonus to their paycheck when they played these detectives, meaning any time you caught some swindler and could bust him, you'd get that bonus.

However, don't think they're really that bad, just Christmas and other holidays that makes people go shopping by masses. At those time periods (ESPECIALLY CHRISTMAS) they are more stressed and that explains why your supermarket workers might be as bad as y'all describe. Personal experiences? Haven't experienced anything except angry/tired shop keepers that would just gladly close the store. Also, I've been into the store with a rucksack multiple times, to be exact pretty much always because It's comfortable as I can put stuff in there, yet haven't been suspected even once. Maybe luck, we'll see.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 12:31:01 pm »
+1
I saw a couple undocover anti-theft agents outside of a supermarket confront a guy who just stole 2 bottles of liquor... I thought it was a couple dudes mugging some random guy at first, then they flashed their badges and he dropped the bottles and hopped on his skateboard and attempted to skate away. He made it about 40 feet before one of the undercovers tackled him off the skateboard and put him in cuffs. That's my most exciting supermarket story.

But really supermarket workers aren't so bad. I like the ones near where I live, the baggers are cool... a couple cute girls. The customers are way worse... Those people who stand and park their shopping cart in the middle of an isle so you can't pass them without squeezing next to them, those are the real supermarket assholes.  :rolleyes:

Offline Mala

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 10:01:01 am »
+2
In Germany, supermarket workers are always very nice, because they have to. The cashiers have to ask every single customer:
"How was your shopping?" or "Was everything ok with your shopping?", if they don't, and the boss sees it, they get fired. At least it's like that in the biggest supermarket in my town, it isn't that harsh in the little shops.
i have only see that at Kaufhof, never in real, REWE or Edeka shops.

It's like when someone asks you (at least in Germany): "How are you?" Nobody expects to hear the thruth or something bad, everybody just expects you to say "Yes, I'm fine".
This is because germans are not used to smalltalk, so this is a bit confusing for some of them.