Author Topic: Add exp gain on the duel server  (Read 933 times)

Offline Falesh

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Darkfall Movies
  • Faction: Duchy of Wessex
  • Game nicks: Falesh_of_Wessex
  • IRC nick: Falesh_Wessex
Add exp gain on the duel server
« on: May 15, 2011, 02:06:58 pm »
Adding exp gain on the duel server would be a great way to increase the fun of the game and also help newbies out who need to duel a lot. I think a flat multiplier for everyone would be best as this would remove exploits and also helps the new players in the same way that a newbie can still get a good multiplier on a battle/siege server. Setting the multiplier to a bit less then the average you get on the other servers would probably be good, like 1.7 since the average is 1.9 or so, but even 1 would be fine I think.

Offline Blaint

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • gone away
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperial Prelates
  • Game nicks: IP_Blaint
  • IRC nick: Blaint
Re: Add exp gain on the duel server
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 02:16:26 pm »
for me a permanent  X0.5 would be ok

but i think they won't integrate this idea ...
The demons are falsehood. They are the  taken shape of lies, which were given power by the chaos.

[Guide]How to set up a c-RPG-Server

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 04:00:49 pm »
I fully support this, but I think there should be no multiplier in this, and no gen bonus. Just a flat 1k xp per minute  :)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 04:06:23 pm »
i'd say x*1+0,03*(gen-1) exp per duel, half for lost duels

find a suitable 'x'

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 04:32:25 pm »
Not per minute but per kill, xp should be added. Losing xp will prevent players to abuuuze esspecially the clans.

Level 10 - Level 30 - Level difference - Formula losing xp - Furmula winning xp
If low level wins        20                        Ldiff*50=1000        Ldiff*50=1000
High level wins          20                        Ldiff*10=200          Ldiff*10=200

Another example
Level 22 versus Level 26
If level 22 wins level 26 loses 200xp, level 22 gains 200xp.
If level 26 wins level 22 loses 40xp, level 26 gains 40xp.

This makes sense!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Falesh

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Darkfall Movies
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 04:47:35 pm »
I don't think it should be per kill/loss since the people who need to duel the most are the newbies and they will have to practice for a long time before they have a chance of beating the vets. If they get crappy exp in the mean time then they will just go to the other servers which would be counterproductive. Also if it is on win/loss there are loads of ways to exploit it, not to mention highly skilled people having a hard time finding someone to duel them, that implementation would be much harder.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 07:31:38 pm »
Duelling is supposed to be fun. I love duelling with stronger people, even though i'm always 99% sure i'll loose to them.
If you had this "loose xp when loose duel", it will be a great loss. Not only weak players won't come to practice and get better, but the best ones won't even find anyone to compete with them.

For a constant gain, i'll probably just say no. Why would you get xp for just standing still waiting to find another duellist ? And since there's never any new round, you get the max ticks. In 10min and 10sec, you get 10 ticks, whereas in battles, if a round ends in 3min and 58sec, you only get 3ticks. So basically 7-8 ticks in 10min and 10sec.
Thirdly, don't make every server a grind server.
Finally, it will be a leecher server if such an option was implemented, people going afk after 1 duel, coming back in 2min, then duelling once, etc...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Falesh

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Darkfall Movies
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 08:14:22 pm »
For a constant gain, i'll probably just say no. Why would you get xp for just standing still waiting to find another duellist ? And since there's never any new round, you get the max ticks. In 10min and 10sec, you get 10 ticks, whereas in battles, if a round ends in 3min and 58sec, you only get 3ticks. So basically 7-8 ticks in 10min and 10sec.

Why should you get exp while running to a fight in siege/battle? Or when waiting in a defensive position for the enemy to come? Or while dead in a battle waiting for the round to end? You learn a lot more in terms of skill with your time spent on the duel server as opposed to a siege/battle one so gaining exp makes perfect sense. With regards to the exp on average you get a 1.9 something multiplier on the other servers, if the duel server had a constant 1 then I can't see it exceeding this even with the tick advantage.

Thirdly, don't make every server a grind server.

Because leveling is a big part in why people play cRPG, why should one fun game mode be left out?

Finally, it will be a leecher server if such an option was implemented, people going afk after 1 duel, coming back in 2min, then duelling once, etc...

You could tweak this by restricting exp to people who duel more then once per 2 mins, like once every 30 secs or minute. There may be other things you can test like needing to duel different people.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 08:59:46 pm »
This is a stupid idea because it can be exploited for leeching.
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Gamerofthegame

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Desu, LLJK_McSteve, LLJK_Gamer
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 09:44:49 pm »
A really awful idea, honestly.

Leave dueling alone, it's fine.

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 10:07:46 pm »
I think this is a great idea. However, it is easy to just stand there and leech. If its possible to have an auto-kick on people who dont move for 1 minute or so, this would be a great way of getting newbies to improve their skills. Multiplier should be at 1x at all times though, to make it less profitable than normal servers, but still give some exp and gold.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login