Author Topic: DTV Archer build  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
DTV Archer build
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:11:22 pm »
I've got a lvl 27 archer that I play in DTV mostly (99% of my playtime with this char so far). So I would need lvl30 build suggestions for it, so far my build is:
15/21
7 WM
6 Ath
5 PD
171 wpf in Archery

Should I go for more wpf or more PD...? I'm sure there are some DTV vets that can suggest a good build. Also I'm not gonna retire this char so a higher lvl build is also welcome (lvl31, max 32)

Thanks!

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
Re: DTV Archer build
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:34:29 pm »
+1
Personally I'd get 3 more strength, to get power strike and 6 power draw. Ironflesh is always good to have so youre not totally squishy. Because lets be honest some of the hits bot do make 0 sense and complete bullshit, you dont want to die to the weaboo who swings through his team mates.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 03:48:57 pm »
+1
I hate useless archers in DTV that just stand there doing nothing when they're the last.
So get some PS ;)

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 03:49:00 pm »
I  would also go for more PD or PS because of more damage and your wpf are enough to shot down stucked bots.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 09:06:39 pm »
I guess you don't really need any accuracy against bots, so I'd go 24-15.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 09:26:57 pm »
I went for 12/27 since I have a +3 Bow (the 4 PD one). A faster bow and insane wpf lets you let fire a lot of arrows each wave. You can stay right near the top of the scoreboard for most kills as long as you get good at headshots.

At the really high waves, the build is a lot less useful. When you start fighting Vitez and higher, it takes multiple headshots to kill the bots. The majority of the time (early-mid waves) it is a very effective build.

I will probably go 15/XX or 18/XX next gen, since 4 PD is pretty awful if you are getting body shots. I could also set this as my strat character if I had more STR  :P

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 10:17:10 pm »
Don't get any athletics, get more Agility and weaponmaster instead.

Also get 6 power draw, in my opinion.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 06:53:03 pm »
+1
Going for 18/21. thx guys

Offline Syndrolic

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • hello i am here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 11:01:04 am »
go agillity so u can fire faster like legolas archery style. kill more people that way, and get more money.

as an archer u must be really good eyesight so, if u need weapon skill u might as well go melle because archer isnt for u

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 11:46:40 am »
27/12 archer build would be best cus bots don't dodge your arrows so you don't need super accuracy

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 05:58:40 pm »
+1
27/12 archer build would be best cus bots don't dodge your arrows so you don't need super accuracy

I went the other way since you can almost always headshot bots that are in the shieldwall cluster. Shooting faster = more headshots per wave. At Vitez and higher tho it takes multiple headshots which gets kind of embarassing...

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 06:20:56 pm »
I went the other way since you can almost always headshot bots that are in the shieldwall cluster. Shooting faster = more headshots per wave. At Vitez and higher tho it takes multiple headshots which gets kind of embarassing...
5 pd ins't even enough to 1 shot weeboo

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 06:48:27 pm »
5 pd ins't even enough to 1 shot weeboo

With 4PD and +3 Bow/Barbed arrows I can kill light weeaboos with headshots. Some of the higher waves spawn with weaker head armor on part of the troops. Just gotta pick and choose your target :)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 07:02:48 pm »
I'd say go for higher damage. Because ammo can be a problem for DTV, so you want to do the maximum damage per each arrow.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D