Author Topic: hello again, its just me  (Read 4727 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: hello again, its just me
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2013, 04:57:27 pm »
Is it that hard to follow the rules of a free mod if you know what they are? We all know TK'ing is generally against the rules, as is team wounding (people get butthurt about that stuff all the time, just scroll down through this ban request section). I do agree adminning needs to be done more consistently and there should be a 10 and out rule. I mean come on, 10 bans. You've touched the fire ten times and still don't realize it burns you.

Being a free mod doesn't make it any less morally reprehensible.  It's not particularly hard to follow the rules, but then again the rules are written so poorly.  Maybe even by someone who's first language was not English. Also, intention is impossible to prove over the internet, perhaps with the exception of a straight up confession, but then again sarcasm is in high abundance on the internet.  Voicecomm quality is too low to properly run lie detecting software, and even then you have faults with such systems.  So what you're left with is a lot of disgression and things open to interpretation.  Basically, the rules and punishment are so poorly written that the doors are left wide open to a fascist regime.  And that's more or less what we have here.  I've asked multiple times for the rules to be clarified and punishments to be predetermined.  Right now, everything is does whimsically by Canary and company.

Again, I don't know Mike or give a shit about his case.  However, I'd generally give people the benefit of doubt, mostly because this is a dying mod and chadz needs his ad revenue.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2013, 07:13:08 pm »
Kreczor don't drag Ildist into this thread, Ildist is a good m8 and doesn't deserve to be name-dropped in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

Mike: I'd like to at least see an essay, but you'd have to make it good because the previous immature outburst in this thread didn't help anything and probably only made it worse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2013, 07:14:49 pm »
In Mike's case, his bans were handed out by seven separate admins not including myself. That's something that is taken into consideration.

If you have criticism of a specific admin, take it to their respective feedback thread. If you would like to discuss the rules and how they're interpreted and applied, bring that to the general discussion board. If you don't have anything to say about the case at hand you shouldn't be posting here.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2013, 11:34:03 pm »
I mean, seriously I have a 1 hour ban and a 5 minute ban, but they will count as real bans, because they do not show duration.

I will step in here and let you know that they absolutely do show durations.
I always take into account how long the ban was posted for and the unban date if the key was unbanned early.
I'll also write a note in the log referring to exactly what happened for the player to receive the ban and, if they're unbanned early, I'll write a note about that too.
To illustrate, here's a ban I posted with the name removed:
(click to show/hide)

Of course, I don't want to be presumptuous, but most admins will take into account a number of factors when determining a warning, ban, ban length, etc.
The duration of previous bans is one additional thing we take into account.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2013, 12:33:12 am »
I will step in here and let you know that they absolutely do show durations.
I always take into account how long the ban was posted for and the unban date if the key was unbanned early.
I'll also write a note in the log referring to exactly what happened for the player to receive the ban and, if they're unbanned early, I'll write a note about that too.
To illustrate, here's a ban I posted with the name removed:
(click to show/hide)

Of course, I don't want to be presumptuous, but most admins will take into account a number of factors when determining a warning, ban, ban length, etc.
The duration of previous bans is one additional thing we take into account.

Well, in either case, Bronto's blanket 10 ban permaban proposition obviously has its issues.  I've easily been banned for less than a week, total, but I'm probably probably nearing 7 or 8 bans!  All baby bans.  Meanwhile, other players have a more severe ban history with a lesser number of bans, but for greater infringements and for longer durations.  Also, 10 bans for a player who's played for 3 years doesn't necassarily mean he has a history of bad behaviour.  3 times a year, is no big deal.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2013, 09:16:24 am »
I've been playing games with mike for at least 6-8 months now so call me biased all you want but I honestly believe the man deserves some sort of option for unbanning at the least.
He can be a troll, and he enjoys getting a rise out of people. However, for all of his faults he is a ridiculously honest man.  He will be the first person to speak up about what he does and bares no shame about it.

I don't know about you, but I would rather have to deal with his silly bullshit over half of you my old friends on here that lie about intentionally teamwounding. The kind of people that do everything in their power to skirt around the rules and constantly poke and prod just enough to be an asshole but not get hassled for it.  I know a few of you can back me up on some of the shit I see people get away with because they play it off as "accidental" or because they have an admin in their pocket. Like when they bring five of their friends onto the forum to vouch for their obvious bullshit. That is the kind of crap that warrants permabanning.

Now at this point I agree with you guys that mike has pulled a lot of crap, and that he certainly will again. However, he is willing to do whatever it takes at the point to get unbanned, and he actually wants to write an unban essay. Honestly the occasional team wound or team kill isn't nearly as fun-ruining for you to endure as it is to be permanently banned from a game you love.

Honestly the only reason that these rules and bans are in place is because of all of the try hard internet olympics neck-beards that make up this horrible community that are so fixated on patting their k/d's.
 Getting tk'd every once in a while may be a bit rage inducing sure, but it's a fucking video game.  If you care about getting tk'd in a game so much that you would want anyone doing it to be incapable of ever playing it again then you need to grow up. That's like demanding a death penalty for someone because they consistently throw toilet paper at your house.

tl;dr(if you skip to tl;dr you are a scumbag and I hate your guts btw) The man is willing to go to a lot of effort to be unbanned, so give him the opportunity.
Bring me that ASS.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2013, 05:57:37 pm »
Keep mike banned

Offline sexthriller

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: SexThriller_Astralis ArysOakButts ChexSpillah BestButtsBrittany
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »
I don't like hair in my mouth

(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2013, 08:08:53 pm »
But rohy and cy are good players  :twisted: 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2013, 02:19:31 am »
But rohy and cy are good players  :twisted:

They are very good players but I don't see how that relates to this topic, friend. Maybe you should make a roh and cy appreciation thread in the general discussion board.

Edit: Oh Sexthriller's spoiler. Yeah, not the place man. Stop judging other people in someone else's unban thread. Cyranule is a bro, he plays this game with the honor and dignity that it deserves.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:27:12 am by Gmnotutoo »

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2013, 05:20:38 am »
Honestly the only reason that these rules and bans are in place is because of all of the try hard internet olympics neck-beards that make up this horrible community that are so fixated on patting their k/d's.
 Getting tk'd every once in a while may be a bit rage inducing sure, but it's a fucking video game.  If you care about getting tk'd in a game so much that you would want anyone doing it to be incapable of ever playing it again then you need to grow up. That's like demanding a death penalty for someone because they consistently throw toilet paper at your house.

I think the rules were more made to stop people from intentionally spam killing people, but ban request section has just become QQ about the simple tk's you are talking about. I also think it comes down to the fact that rules are rules, and admins don't have time or patience to make 200 rules. I think the admins could have been more lenient but the rules have to be broad or trolls would find ways to get around them all the time and ruin the fun for all of us.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2013, 05:33:42 am »
cRPG: No! Mike! Stop breaking the rules!
Mike: YOU MADE ME DO THIS cRPG! YOU MADE ME BREAK THE RULES cRPG!
cRPG: STOP!!! STOP IT MIKE! Nooooooooo!
Mike: Oh god... I've broken the rules.... I.. I didn't mean it cRPG! I love you cRPG! Please let me keep playing!
cRPG: Well... Okay Mike ;)

THE NEXT DAY

cRPG: NOOOOooooo!! Stop breaking the rules Mike!
Mike: I'M ONLY DOING THIS CAUSE I LOVE YOU cRPG!!!

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2013, 05:37:43 am »
free mike please

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2013, 07:19:11 pm »
You've threatened this poor boy enough, can't you see how you've hurt him? You're such cruel people. (unban this man)

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2013, 09:36:52 pm »
Yea, free Mike. Just give him one more chance, just ooooooone more. And never forget this thread if he fucks up again.