Author Topic: Ashamed of my slavic heritage  (Read 4681 times)

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Re: Ashamed of my slavic heritage
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2013, 11:23:14 am »
+4
As Oberyn pointed out; the language barrier.

Hell, most of the people on these forums don't understand English. Just look at the Strat forums and the retardness going on there, and it should be blatantly obvious that only a small portion of everything written on these forums is actually understood...

...On the other hand all this drama is a great source of amusement, and it wouldn't be same without it.
Monkeys!

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2013, 11:31:58 am »
+2
That moment when everyone labels you eastern european, but you aren't a slav, but every neighbor of yours is..
In that case i guess, more correct then being called something you are not? Afterall it is a geographical and a political category, the first always fitting to the second but not vice versa.

You but where reffering more to a certain feeling here i guess again.
Do you like dislike being called eastern european or do you think that to be a bad tag?

In my case i am used to being categorized also as western european, even as often some people(Leshma f.e.) implicate we would live in milk and honey, which by far isn't true, as said befor people everywhere have struggles in life. A friend of me, a biologist, once draw the analogy of people living in a jungle and people here in germany living in the cities. Both types of people learned the knowhow to survive in their atypical environment. Only because the one person lives in the jungle doesnt make him less knowledgable. As also many know by heart, only because you would have more money doesnt need to make you a happy person, it does make things easier sure, but you wont be happy because of it. If you only see differences, you become unhappy and greedy and jellouse, if you concentrate more on the things which we have in common and allow us to see that we are really all not that much different(even the special persons ^^), a base satisfaction is reached and we can concentrate on solving our own problems without blaming all others.

As Oberyn pointed out; the language barrier.

Hell, most of the people on these forums don't understand English. Just look at the Strat forums and the retardness going on there, and it should be blatantly obvious that only a small portion of everything written on these forums is actually understood...
+1

(click to show/hide)
Just all keep on flaming, afterall we need to be entertained, right?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2013, 11:46:07 am »
+6
I forgot to point something out before:

I've been with the my old friend/Bandit crew for basicly all my time in this community and I have yet to meet anyone who is more welcoming, relaxed and open-minded than those guys. When I started playing, Gnjus was the first one I connected with on the server, having our little private feud for the fun of killing each other specificly. Then I took a break for a few months, got back and was welcomed into Bandits pretty much straight away. I consider the whole bunch as e-friends by now and should I ever get the chance, I sure gonna visit them (since I already know the most important bit of Croatian lifestyle: the cursing :wink:)

So, no... I can not, in any way or manner, confirm your stereotype. Seems like a bunch of bullshit to me. Maybe you're projecting something? I dunno and I dun care. You're wrong.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 253
  • Infamy: 1312
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2013, 12:25:39 pm »
+1
Language barrier. Same goes for every other nationality that has a tendency not to speak english for whatever reason.

What about your own kind, the frenchies? You're not exactly isolated, despite the fact that very few of you are willing to speak english regularly. French people don't project ghetto mentality on this community, like Slavs do.

@benkei: Croatians aren't slavic anymore. They are ashamed of being slavic in the past, now they are something else. Yet to be discovered what.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2013, 01:02:40 pm »
+4
quite right we are not slavic.

proof:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2013, 01:06:30 pm »
+1
Slavs are the funniest, most self ironic people on this forums Lesh. (Especially the southern slavs) Except you Lesh.

But it is true. There is a real search for identity going on throughout eastern europe. It is funny to watch. :D

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2013, 01:10:31 pm »
+2
You slavs might be ashamed over yourselves, because serbia weak. Us albanians stronk. We bring guns to picnics.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2013, 01:11:08 pm »
+2
Maybe one or two years ago, a similar discussion popped up and I said in a brilliant strike of minimalistic expression that "Nobody wants to be Eastern Europe" because Poles and Czech apparently didn't like the term.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2013, 01:51:08 pm »
+1
Central Europe sounds better  :wink:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2013, 01:59:01 pm »
+2
Eastern anything sounds bad ever since soviets. :(

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2013, 02:50:45 pm »
+1
Eastern anything sounds bad ever since soviets. :(

I personaly love how even factual geography is covered by politics  :P

If Europe stops at Russian border, then most slavic european countries can be labelled "eastern" europe.
If Europe stops at the Oural barrier, then it can be labelled "central" europe.

But all points are valid in the end.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2013, 03:06:59 pm »
+3
No no no, you got it all wrong. Humanity is descendant from a great proto-serb civilization who build pyramids in modern day Bosnia. All languages on Earth are really just a modified version of the Serbian language. Slavs especialy can be put in to different categories of Serbian: christian-serbs, muslim-serbs, serbs-serbs, latin-serbs, turks-serbs, greco-serbs. Only gypsies arent serbs, they evolved from cavernous mushrooms. Even japanese people are 1/4 serbian, the saying: Serbia till Tokio, being an academicaly proven fact.

According to professor Jovan Deretić only Basque people are not Serbs but their culture is strongly affected by Serbian presence around them. 17 (or so) Roman emperors were Serbs, hell even the dinosaurs and amebas were Serbian, after all: Ameba is a Serbian word and someone had to give that name to it.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2240
  • Infamy: 2367
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2013, 04:15:31 pm »
+1
Stay away from my thread, u useless bandits. Go and plot conspiracy against Wolves.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2013, 04:19:48 pm »
+1
Stay away from my thread, u useless bandits. Go and plot conspiracy against Wolves.
lol wat

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2013, 05:01:48 pm »
+3
I'm not ashamed of my slavic heritage, I don't give a shit about it. Your nationality is something you are given by birth, it's not an object to be proud or ashamed of.