Poll

Make DTV servers have a minimum level, of say, 20?

Yes, add this to all of them.
4 (44.4%)
Yes, but only one or two of them.
4 (44.4%)
No.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 12, 2013, 10:57:13 pm

Author Topic: How to make the MaxLvl20 server get populated again?  (Read 361 times)

Offline Skoffin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skoffina, Nastusia.
  • IRC nick: Skoffin
How to make the MaxLvl20 server get populated again?
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:55:33 pm »
I often want to make new characters, and try my luck with new builds and classes, or hybrids for that matter, and when I do make my new character I want to play against other players on EU_5, but the thing is that there's never anyone on there ever. Before you say "that's becuz mod ded" I would like to point out that there are tons of low-level players with bad equipment on the DTV servers, usually not contributing that much, upsetting the rest of the server population. And because of that, I have this suggestion:

Make DTV servers MINIMUM level 20. Then players will be forced to play on either the MaxLvl20 server, or on other pvp servers, and playing against other players on, say, EU_1 is painful, as you can't really change the outcome of the battles, and you're generally a leech. Which is why I think it will make more players play on EU_5 instead.

Discuss.  :D

Offline Skoffin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skoffina, Nastusia.
  • IRC nick: Skoffin
Re: How to make the MaxLvl20 server get populated again?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:57:42 pm »
Added poll.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 11:57:13 pm »
+2
No, some people cant play pvp cause of a bad connection, bad fps or whatever.
DTV is for people who seek a more relaxed gaming environment without all these try hards on pvp.

Take that away from the low levels and you will put new players off and they will quit the mod before they really started playing.

I for one didnt play a single pvp round til was like lvl30ish, maybe even gen2, cant remember.

If anything you gotta make max lvl20 server more attractive, instead of spoiling the other servers, or DTV in this case.
Extra experience is quite nice, but I didnt even know you get more exp than on eu1/eu2 until i was gen7 (which is my current gen)

also you might wanna add more stuff to make it more popular, easier valour (if thats possible), even more bonus exp, whatever...
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:33:51 am »
+3
remove teams not fair when <8 players and make it teams not fair when <4 playas

also increase max lvl to like 22-23

EDIT: I used to play the under20 server a lot and therefore I have a lot of alts but I usually lacked the strong will to level them up later. Gen 1 char lvls up slowly as hell, really.

Also throwers OP on under20 server
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:38:07 am by BlueKnight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI