Author Topic: "skip the fun"  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
"skip the fun"
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:01:15 am »
still curious about how this works, what the point is, and what the limits are.

can you make an alt bump it to level 30, play it for a bit then delete it and have your other characters back? or does it delete your other characters?

if this is really for non grinders shouldn't it be to higher than 30? at least 31. obviously wont get heirlooms anyway.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: "skip the fun"
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:41:10 am »
Banok:

I lost my old 2nd gen character when I was testing this. Well, I thought that if I retire (that option was available!) I will get simply a restat.

But I landed at 1st lvl without exp gain. "Fooooreeeever peasant, yo-ho!". Tried to get chadz for 5 hours (5 hours of waiting!!!) and then got extremely bored. Well, I removed my old character and created another one. Since that moment, I was jumping to 30 lvl/deleting character to try other build/jumping to 30 lvl again few times, but then the Market showed up. Since the text said that:

You can jump directly to level 30 and gain 10,000 gold. However, you will not gain any Experience any more - you will be stuck at this level, and are not allowed to have any alts until you delete this one. You can use this character as a main char, too, though.

Select this character as your main character - that will allow this one (and only this one) to participate as a Hero in Strategus, play as a Mercenary in Strategus Battles, trade with other main characters and do other funky stuff. This is irreversible. If you want to change to a new char, you will have to delete this one and create a new main character from scratch!

I was CERTAIN that I will be able to use it - and bam!

Aside of original main char loss (I had 230k, 2nd gen, 28 lvl) I.... lost the acces to market, too!

That was too much for me. Now I am balancing on a really short border between leaving cRPG and staying. So I say: don't do that, man.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 12:45:44 pm »
It's pretty clear:

You can jump directly to level 30 and gain 10,000 gold. However, you will not gain any Experience any more - you will be stuck at this level, and are not allowed to have any alts until you delete this one. You can use this character as a main char, too, though.

It's a feature for new players who can use this function to try the game at max level without having hours of frustration only to find out they did something wrong in their build.
You want to retire or get to level 31? Delete your character.
Want to try something else? Delete your character, create a new one and you can skip to level 30 again. Or just level the old fashioned way.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Nylz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nylz
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 01:34:15 pm »
i accidently deleted my main because of this

Offline Hyroshi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 11:20:27 pm »
i accidently deleted my main because of this

How is that even possible? Lol no offense...
"Heaven is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -Stephen Hawking

Offline Nylz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nylz
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 04:50:04 pm »
I was deleting all my other accounts ( like 8 accounts and never use them ) because i wanted to try out he skip the fun thing , but then while I was deleting them all I also deleted my main.

Offline yurah

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wafua,yurahze, Yurah, Pseudo_Doll
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 06:46:23 pm »
Im wondering if you use the skip to level 30 can you do a lvl 15 retire to use another build on the same character

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »
Im wondering if you use the skip to level 30 can you do a lvl 15 retire to use another build on the same character

As it says, once you've decided to skip the fun you won't get any exp. As a result your char will be stuck on lvl 1.

Offline Kifli

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 01:32:39 pm »
skip the fun dont work any more ...