Author Topic: Gloria Victis  (Read 14188 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Gloria Victis
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2016, 12:19:54 pm »
this game is not worth it to buy :?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 12:45:50 pm »
Yeah, once you watch the combat videos and see even experienced players on the GV forum saying the combat is laggy, awkward and barely reliant on any skill, I can't comprehend why anyone would waste their money on this, seeing as there is no guarantee it will ever actually improve, let alone be completely fixed. Each to their own though I guess.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »
Last I tried this game was in 2012, the combat is still shit? I mean I can understand it was barebones 3,5+ years ago but this is disappointing to hear.

Though the combat from RipperX's video doesn't look that bad:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:15:43 pm by Vibe »

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 01:31:55 pm »
You can see the horrible delay in combat in his video, 4:27 shows that very well, the delay between the hit and the death is pretty big, so much so that by the time the enemy has reacted and died to the hit, he is already swinging again. I think it was just yesterday I had read a post on the main forum from an experienced player that the delay is so bad that it makes blocking a guessing game and nearly pointless during proper brawl and of course the lag/delays make it a fairly low skill level as a lot of "timing" is just a guessing game.

So yeah, over 3 years and the combat is still suffering the same issues, I don't see it's ever going to suddenly be fixed, the game looks like fun and I have been close to throwing the little amount of money at it requires to play, but I stopped myself because I knew I would soon get frustrated with the shitty combat. Ultimately for a game based on medieval combat, I don't feel they deserve the money if they can't fix the dogshit lag and delay, that should have been one of the main focuses and it seems to me like they have no idea to fix it, OR it just isn't possible to fix, or improve enough to the point to be considered acceptable.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 03:13:46 pm »
On NA I run a smooth 6 FPS with everything turned off or to the minimum quality.

Sometimes it drops tho...
Oh man. That's gotta be cinematic as fuck.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 04:15:58 pm »
yea, lag seems big in the video.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 1749
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 05:02:44 pm »
Combat system is bad knock-off of system Warband uses. Something that looks terribly outdated which is why Bannerlord and Melee will end up with much improved combat system. It's like developing Doom II clone in a year Quake comes out.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 04:52:03 pm »
the whole fight with NPC comes to stay still and spam overhead, the blocks - a waste of time, hit the enemy is not interrupted by damage, kite useless as Server constantly lag length of the weapon of the enemy is impossible to determine, as his real position. The population of the EU server: 8 Ismir and 5 medians all the points resourse captured by Ismir. after the last patch server crashes before any Event, enemy NPCs invisible, after 14 hours  fight with gost they made server reboots and but after 1 hour they invisible again
gg hf
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:38:45 pm by Vovka »

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 07:27:12 pm »
+2
Managed to tweak things further and now I run roughly 20 FPS, the game is much smoother now (I'm not picky and I know I'm in the small minority of players, even in proper finished games I often struggle on the FPS front).

Tonight i'll go into the files and disable shadows to see if I can improve it further, but for me 20 FPS is playable.

Really enjoying this game tho. Combat is basic and unfinished but even so I already prefer it to the 'craftathon' survival MMOs out there. There is crafting but it's secondary to combat, everything about this game is about encouraging you to fight, level up and get decent gear at the start, or to conquer outposts/settlements from the other nation when you're strong enough and have buddies with you. I feel like that's the angle we've been told M:BG is going for too.

Although I fully believe that M:BG will blow this out of the water with an inherently superior combat system (even with the Gloria Victis one being a work in progress at the moment, it's quite clear the combat wont be as deep or physical as what we expect from M:BG). But at the moment... there isn't a M:BG open world sandbox that I can play but there is a pre-alpha open world Gloria Victis sandbox I can play, so I think i'll be spending quite a lot of time on this in the meantime.

This is how I feel at the moment. Its a good game to play to scratch the itch so to speak. I'm having fun so far and while there is lag and etc, I haven't had much of an issue thus far with it. There are bugs and glitches but I expected that with it being pre alpha. Its pretty playable thus far and Heskey and I both got our asses handed to us by AI and players alike the last time we played.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2016, 08:12:20 pm »
Sounds like 20 fps masterrace then xD Cos I haven't encountered any of those server-related issues in the last 3 days on the NA server.

I dislike that attacks aren't interrupted by damage at the moment so melee vs bots does pretty much end up hitting each other till one loses their health first. But there's no way combat will be like this on final release and it's an ok placeholder to demonstrate the shape of the game. This is more about larger-scale than about individual duels anyway tho.

But it's been terrible for over 3 years, so where's the indication that the combat lag issues will ever be fixed?

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 08:23:48 pm »
+1
But it's been terrible for over 3 years, so where's the indication that the combat lag issues will ever be fixed?

Only indication I know of is one of the devs said they're going to be ensuring servers are better before release on steam within the next couple of months. Pretty shitty for the people who've been asking for it for years though.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 08:56:06 pm »
I'd assume it's more than "making the servers better" or they would have addressed that issue a long time ago, in fact it would be baffling if that was the reason why the game is still laggy as hell after 3+ years, they'd be fucking idiots to not have already "ensured the servers are better", because the lag/delay completely effects in how the game plays out and how their combat systems work, this seems to me that it's clearly an underlying issue in the coding/netcoding or whatever else might concern the horrible laggy delays.

I'd love to eat my own words and see these issues vanish, but I have a feeling that after all this time it's not going to happen.

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2016, 09:01:21 pm »
That's all I know of the situation. I don't know if its bad coding or not good enough servers to handle the load already or just not enough servers period. If they've addressed the issue further than that or have said they're going to, then I'm unaware of it.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2016, 06:41:52 pm »
So yeah, over 3 years and the combat is still suffering the same issues, I don't see it's ever going to suddenly be fixed, the game looks like fun and I have been close to throwing the little amount of money at it requires to play, but I stopped myself because I knew I would soon get frustrated with the shitty combat.

Exactly how I felt. Everytime I logged in I found myself enjoying the world but the combat being so dull quickly drains every fun out of it that might have been there. Really sad

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2016, 07:56:08 am »
killed today 3 times guy 80+ lvl with mine 33 lvl character  :lol: pvp fight so f dumb  :?  cant even cancel ur swing