Author Topic: what do the veteran agiwhores think about the new patch?  (Read 3557 times)

Offline PhayaNak

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: what do the veteran agiwhores think about the new patch?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 01:10:48 am »
+2
> but with it we lost a class that was very fun to fight

Sez you. Annoying as shit != fun to fight.

Not serious though, I don't really give a shit since I suck against all builds (except not farmerbob peasants).

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 01:12:03 am »
Your wrong. Strenght still dominates strat, when it comes to melee classes. You dont need to be a 36-3 build to carry a maul, a balanced build can hit the requirements aswell.

Builds like 36-3 is not great anymore, true. But that was kinda the idea behind the patch aswell. Look at it from another perspective, would an agi build with crazy amounts like 3-36 work? Not rly.

I see, that makes sense....I just...dont understand...why they....ruin my build...yet let all the rondel dagger buckler assholes troll around....stop....the....heresy!!!  :cry:

Teeth: As Kafein said I think the problem is not on the side of agi whores getting more pts but on the side that str builds lose their wpf, which is much more crucial

Kafein: I really like your anti-archer pic  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:17:08 am by Mongolista »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 01:21:06 am »
I'd like to add that even though the effects of the patch on agi leaning builds are minor, giving them more wpf was completely unnecessary.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 01:33:27 am »
+2
Block down, rondel my old friend neutralized

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 01:53:08 am »
It seems like a good patch to me.
I wear light armor so I still outrun everyone and though they are slightly faster, they are ALOT weaker.
The only thing that has changed about my build is that I changed a single skill point and am almost managing to pull off a hybrid of my two favorite classes.
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 02:18:16 am »
Block down, rondel my old friend neutralized
it sucks when they hit "x" and they fuck you over while youre too surprised that they're side attacking.
my life when I started :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 03:32:18 am »
+7
I don't feel strong either way about the agi buff, I am however pissed at how the patch effectively nerfs low levels though, that's complete fucking bullshit and something pretty much no one wanted.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 08:53:17 am »
+1
Didn't say they weren't killable lol, just that they 'work' and are common, in response to someone saying 'you wouldnt see 3-36 around' or something. And they sure do succeed at getting kills
(click to show/hide)

It's their loss really. With a higher average agi, more people can easily dispatch rondel guys.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 09:15:44 am »
+4
Invinci-shield rondel my old friends, they 'work' (that's down to your definition of 'working' though).
Rondel my old friends.... well they are just.... i dont even know. They are pretty damn different from the rest of the game though.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 09:25:24 am »
A month ago after i had been gone for 8 months, i saw an increase in agi builds on eu servers, a trend i knew was happening 9 months ago already. With the latest patch nothing changed concerning that.

To keep the fully use the latest patch, a respec was needed also for me, but well i dont think i have choosen too well, already safing up for another respec to go back to my build before. No my shield shall not brake ... must have 11 shieldskill again, no matter if my weapon gets slow as fuck then.

I still want to see more relation between weapon length and athletics. Realistic? dunno, but needed from my perspective at least to balance the 2h/pole spam.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:10:58 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 10:39:33 am »
So I'll start with stating that I did not yet get a chance to play or even set my new stats because of internet problems. But since the new patch came out, I'm afraid that once I do I will be immensely disappointed.
I have always played my 15/24 build (that recently became pole/shielder hybrid) and with the right weapon choice (and I also want to claim some skill on my side), I have always been quite effective.
I was 'that' agiwhore and I loved it. My build was perfect for having fun and trolling around by spamming people or totally surprising them by using the most annoying tricks and abusive tactics. I was faster than most people and had a specific role in the community directly related to that speed.

Now, from what I have heard and what I fear is that I won't be alone anymore. I will no longer have fun because of my fast build because everyone else about as fast. The community maybe lost another OP class, but with it we lost a class that was very fun to fight and now the choice of valid builds just got smaller.

If I finally manage to play and find that my fears have become reality I will strongly consider asking for an actual redo of the str nerf. For now I'll have to take enough wih the opiniob of others

Been playing on my STR character since the patch.  Trust me, there will be a flow of agi builds at first but STR builds have in no way been eliminated.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 10:56:39 am »
+1
I still want to see more relation between weapon length and athletics. Realistic? dunno, but needed from my perspective at least to balance the 2h/pole spam.

Longer the weapon - bigger the speed penalty and less weapon speed in general. Though it doesn't fix it in any significant way.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 11:21:56 am »
No my shield shall not brake ... must have 11 shieldskill again

Really? You should be able to tank almost infinite amount of sword's hits with 10 shield skill and mw huscarl... And even weapons with bounus against shields should have a hard time breaking your shield, 13 shield skill makes peasant's shields unbreakable, with 10 mw huscarl is very close to being unbreakable I guess.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 01:19:17 pm »
(click to show/hide)
swordhits perhaps, but ranged hybrids with morningstar ^^ not su much or the great axe/bardich backpedal spammers ... You guys just became too good at manual blocking ... sooner or later my shield will brake then anyways, now sooner. Also since i came back aabout a motnh ago, i witnessed that there are much more high level players so i am now preffering the elit cav shield over the huscarl so i wont get constantly spammed to death and get my shield up in time ... overall i am doing alright i guess, but well there are pretty much the same things still going on i was complaining about 9 months back and that is a bit disturbing to witnes with so much time inbetween. If this patch(what still needs to be seen) really would reduce overall ranged count of players i would give a feast and get drunk.

anyhow, as mentioend befor, the changes are not that big, and anyone crying already 'because of teh patch' cant be thinking straight. You always need to give it soem time that things settle and see the real consequences of gamemechanic changes. A few WPf more pfff, a few less pffffffff.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 01:27:05 pm »
+2
least to balance the 2h/pole spam.

kinn please...spam? you backpedal faster than most people run, have almost unbreakable shield, deal crazy damage for 4ps with speed bonus and you talking bout spam...
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works