Author Topic: Terrortops is fed and ready to move on  (Read 3168 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Terrortops is fed and ready to move on
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2013, 02:00:40 am »
+8
A Summary of the Confederacy and Free Companies Fall/Winter conflict at New Yruma in the year MMXIII as recounted by King James

The defenders had been a stalwart force. Unyielding in their defense until the end. James admired the final 600 men who fought bravely. A stand that would last in the history books. Offered safe passage from the castle this 600 had chosen instead to hold this castle until the last. Fighting into the castle they had cut at the atackers falling man by man retreating into the upper reaches of the castle. There it came down to the castlellan that had been left in charge of the final stand and a knight whose face was covered. The fighting was raging elsewhere as James and Kilge circled the castlellan and a mysterious knight who James could not identify though he had a guess as to who it was. James went at the castlellan cutting swiftly for his face, missing slightly James spun and thrusted his sword deep through the guts of the castlellan. James kicked the corpse off his blade and turned to help Kilge. Unfortunately he did so just in time to see the mysterious knight rip off his faceplate and shout "FUCKING GET DUNKED ON" as he pierced Kilge's helmet instantly killing the long time crusader and friend of James.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" James cried as he swung his blade furiously at Artyem who was attempting to retreat up a staircase into the higher parts of the castle. As they fought up the stairs James felt a sharp searing pain in his calf. A young traitor soldier had speared James in the calf to allow his superior to make an escape. As James turned he made one swift cleave right to left cutting the soldier's head clean in two. By the time he turned back Artyem was gone. James returned to where Kilge lay. James picked up the short man and carried him down to the courtyard. Nothing could be done for him but he would rest in the crypts reserved for the most honored crusaders. God had called him to fight in the kingdom of heaven.

The assault had been iniated ages ago now it seemed. Several armies had been smashed on the walls at New Yruma. It had been a bloody affair. For every fallen crusader and allied soldier from the free companies there lay dead an almost even number of traitors. Had the price been to high? James did not know. Thousands had marched on the castle, a much smaller force remained. Reinforcements from the north would arrive shortly. He drew strength from knowing his men had reclaimed the former seat of the Kings of Acre. King Reinhardt was no doubt smiling down on James and his men.

The snowy rolling hills surrounding Yruma lay littered with broken siege equipment cast aside in the fray. Piles of broken gear were being formed to be melted down and reforged. The order of the silent sisters was busy clearing the dead from the field. A task made abnormally gruesome by the sheer scale of the conflict. A graveyard was erected and dedicated to the dead of the conflict. The traitor and Free Companies soldiers felled in the battle would be interred in the New Yruma cemetery. James hoped the cemetery would serve as a reminder to all of the horrors of war. James had lost many good men through the conflict.

The halls of Yruma had remained relatively unchanged. Some small changes would be needed and the banners of the faction would need to be rehung. Overall the castle seemed mostly unchanged from the time when James had served in it under the old King. It felt good to return, it was in this courtyard that James and many of the other crusaders had earned their knighthoods and tested their steel. The castle was to be under the control of Lord Axeman, though Yruma had formerly been the seat of the Acre Kings Curaw had since taken over. James had had a difficult decision to make in whether to relocate his court to the former seat. In the end  he decided that the northern city of Curaw had grown on him and he would not relocate. The Axeman had expressed much interest in reclaiming the castle, speaking of secret chambers he had had installed in the castle prior to the expulsion of the crusaders by the Dracul and Ravens in the previous war.

Upon taking control of the castle James called his men to the courtyard and spoke from the porch in front of the lords quarters. He spoke "Well fought my brothers, this was an extended siege but we have come forth victorious from the fray. Though the confederacy threatened our homes and the lives of our families and friends we have pulled through. This castle was held once in the name of our glorious kingdom and so it is again this day. Deus vult! This day we have reclaimed what was wrongfully taken from us what once belonged to Good King Reinhardt". The citizenry of Yruma met this with a mixed group of emotions. The populace was clearly scarred from the amount of fighting, all but 200 of the castles townsfolk had been killed or fled during the siege. The soldiers int he courtyard however let out a strong round of huzzahs and other cheers. Today was the day they had been fighting for since the start of the campaign, the fighting had been fierce at times and the victory had done wonders for the morale of the men.

The King then went on to speak with the individual commanders who had lead armies into battle in the campaign. There had been so many.

-Marshal Jedae had led the assault leading the vanguard in on 4th of the month initiating the siege in the middle of the night in a snowstorm.

-Delson had been next with the second siege, a battle that focused on the use of siege towers from the outside.

-Illuminati an allied FCC warrior had continued the assault after that with the 3rd wave in this battle mainly catapults were used.

-This was followed by his bannerman Burst. This time the castle was assaulted from multiple sides.

-Marshal Jedae then led in the 5th wave. By this point catapulting the walls down was decided to be the only feasible strategy.

-Lord Axeman led the 6th wave. Many defenders were killed.

-Brother Blue led the 7th wave. Many defenders were killed.

-Crusader Vryx led the 8th wave. Many defenders were killed.

-Knight Smals led the 9th wave. Many defenders were killed.

-Marshal Jedae led the 10th wave. This proved to be the most effective siege of the entire campaign. FCC forces were able to kill more than 1.2 enemy fighters for each allied soldier lost in the battle.

-Gamechanger led the 11th wave. At this point rumours of the traitors suing for peace had reached James. More of the defenders were killed.

-Lord Axeman led the capturing 12th assault and the remaining defenders in the castle were killed.

"Your service to me and to our cause has been noted. It takes a great deal of tactical skill and management skill in the field to successfully lead an army. Your performance in the faction's time of need has been exemplary. We now have a period of peace granted to us thanks to our ferocity in this most recent campaign. All of you fought well and deserve some R&R I expect the taverns, pubs, whorehouses, and whatever other doubtlessly unscrupulous places it is you all relax in to be full. I Know I will be enjoying myself this weekend" James spoke to his men.

He truly had no idea how long his men would have to relax. It had been a very tasking campaign he hoped the period of calm would persist. James had his squire Aurelius prepare his things to make with haste north to Curaw, he had little free time to waste and was glad the conflict for Yruma had come to an end as well as the greater FCC and Confederacy conflict. James felt aged by the conflict as he went to find Keshian who was already busy talking with other FCC commanders regarding the next important tasks. "Thank you kesh, you have greatly assisted us throughout our periods of need. I will never forget this service" James spoke. "I must be on my way to Curaw now I have some important documents that need to be signed I will send a raven with more communications soon" He finished telling Kesh before setting off on his way.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:36:10 pm by njames89 »

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 02:24:43 am »
+2
Cool, so we're agreeing to always merc against you, nice.

I read just fine. Sort of spells it out right? We were not forcing you guys into anything.

A merc agreement was made by your factions leadership. Sign up for or against however you want but it will be balanced out in the end.
Leader of BS

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 02:47:12 am »
+6
(click to show/hide)
Nicely written RP, but you want a really accurate depiction of the Yruma Sieges?

A big goddamn clusterfuck over a shitty pile of rock in the tundra.
With bows and javelins and bolts and such.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 10:06:44 pm »
+2
"FUCKING GET DUNKED ON"

hueahuehue
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 10:15:09 pm »
+4
Kalam takes a sip of hot chocolate. The faintest hint of cinnamon and cayenne rise from the steaming mug. "Does this mean..." He grins. "CIVIL WAR?"

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 10:58:41 pm »
+3
Frisia was specifically left out, according to Sandersson. Nothing will be balanced out in the end.

Which is it?

Pretty much will balance out as I said. For all the CC who sign against us, roughly an equal number will have to sign for us. Now that will also hold true for CC fights. See balance
\
You have any more arguments you want me to stomp on?
Leader of BS

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 12:10:33 pm »
It's a good thing the war stopped...  A bad result seemed to be forming..

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 05:40:13 pm »