Author Topic: 100 wpf is no longer 'ok'  (Read 4953 times)

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
100 wpf is no longer 'ok'
« on: November 19, 2013, 08:43:23 pm »
Since the change added crazy amounts of wpf and people are pushing 240 2h wpf 100 wpf is not even close to enough. So what is the new level of 'enough'? Is 160 ok to be able to swing between blocks against a 230 / 240 guy?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: 100 wpf is no longer 'ok'
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:48:47 pm »
+6
I think they went too far with this.

2h is simply unbearable now.

Get this: Shields received no buff, 1H was were nerfed, 2H is spammier than ever.

Thanks to the fact that 2H can hack at you even faster than before, wielding shield is practically a paid suicide.

Before you even lower your shield after blocking an attack, there is already another one coming with your name on it.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:52:53 pm »
+2
I"m a shielder on NA siege.  I have a Spathovaklion (99 speed).

155 wpf seems to be ok -- but its more challenging now for sure.

Before the respec I had 125 wpf.  If I did not move up to 155, I would probably be in more trouble.

People are definitely more agi-spammy, but a little squishier too.

Offline brockssn

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 08:57:55 pm »
I think they went too far with this.

2h is simply unbearable now.

Get this: Shields received no buff, 1H was were nerfed, 2H is spammier than ever.

Thanks to the fact that 2H can hack at you even faster than before, wielding shield is practically a paid suicide.

Before you even lower your shield after blocking an attack, there is already another one coming with your name on it.

but is that because they have 230 wpf and you may only have 100

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:00:13 pm »
+7
If you only have 100wpf, you have like 9-10PS or you have pretty bad build problems if you're pure melee. Guys that have over 220 wpf can't wear any good armor and will die in 2 hits.

Offline brockssn

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 09:02:06 pm »
If you only have 100wpf, you have like 9-10PS or you have pretty bad build problems if you're pure melee. Guys that have over 220 wpf can't wear any good armor and will die in 2 hits.

but they can literally keep spamming and you cant swing back

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:04:23 pm »
but is that because they have 230 wpf and you may only have 100

No, that is because:

1: Shield speed has not been changed acordingly to suit faster combat.
2: There has been nothing done with engine glitches, and in fact, this patch has made them worse.

Spammy katana weaboos were pain to fight while wielding shield pre-patch, now they are just toxic. (toxic means antifun to play against)

They dont need armor, or health for that matter. All they need is turbo mode for their left mouse button.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 09:08:58 pm »
but they can literally keep spamming and you cant swing back

Weren't you crawling around with a strength build, long axe, and heavy armor on NA1 yesterday?

Offline brockssn

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 09:09:33 pm »
Weren't you crawling around with a strength build, long axe, and heavy armor on NA1 yesterday?

no? I'm eu

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:07 pm »
1h was nerfed? Erm, no. It's still OP. With my lvl 28  18/18 shielder alt with no IF and 6 PS and 155 wpf I have no problems fighting any other class. Also, 200 wpf? Those guys will die in one ranged shot or 1-2 hits from you, if you can't kill agi-whores, it's your own fault.

They wont because: 200wpf guys that go pure melee with 2H, they probably have agility so high that nobody is able to shoot them, especially when they are on move.

And yes 1H was nerfed, at least for me. I am refering to the likes of LEE. Otherwise, no it wasnt.

The problem is that time that it takes to lower your shield is still same, and that stats of shield are too same, means that you are going to be under obvious disadvantage.

If you want to rebalance the WPF distribution, you should also consider the impacts that it will have.

Offline brockssn

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 09:12:13 pm »
They wont because: 200wpf guys that go pure melee with 2H, they probably have agility so high that nobody is able to shoot them, especially when they are on move.

And yes 1H was nerfed, at least for me. I am refering to the likes of LEE. Otherwise, no it wasnt.

The problem is that time that it takes to lower your shield is still same, and that stats of shield are too same, means that you are going to be under obvious disadvantage.

If you want to rebalance the WPF distribution, you should also consider the impacts that it will have.

how dare yee speak as if yee have a brain, racist

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 09:13:21 pm »
+2
I actually disagree with with some of these 1h points, but we may just use different tactics.

I find the best way to deal with a agi-ninja is to use a shield and a fast 1h.  I use a Heavy Heater Shield (not the fastest by far) and I find that super-agi doods usually have lower PS, so I don't really have to worry about them breaking my shield.  So I let them spam away until A) an opening is created, B) I can shield bash them and make an opening, C) a teammate comes behind them and whacks them.

I will concede two points though.  First, it's only been a day since the patch so maybe I haven't faced the same types of builds as you.   Also, the super agi builds ARE difficult to fight.  Whenever I encounter another sonic-speedo with an estoc, I give a heavy sigh and march in, shield raised...

:)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 09:17:20 pm »
+1
I actually disagree with you Warlord, but we may just use different tactics.

I find the best way to deal with a agi-ninja is to use a shield and a fast 1h.  I use a Heavy Heater Shield (not the fastest by far) and I find that super-agi doods usually have lower PS, so I don't really have to worry about them breaking my shield.  So I let them spam away until A) an opening is created, B) I can shield bash them and make an opening, C) a teammate comes behind them and whacks them.

I will concede two points though.  First, it's only been a day since the patch so maybe I haven't faced the same types of builds as you.   Also, the super agi builds ARE difficult to fight.  Whenever I encounter another sonic-speedo with an estoc, I give a heavy sigh and march in, shield raised...

:)

This patch reminded me of player called Ninja_Sinistra that I hated because she always managed to get a hit in after I blocked her attack, at bullshit angles no less.

And now we have tens of her likes.

Offline brockssn

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 09:18:55 pm »
+1
P.S: On my shielder alt I am playing with a non-loomed steel shield, probably one of the slowest shields in the game and an italian sword. I have no problems fighting any other class as I said, so it isn't shields or 1h that is to slow or "UP".

what is your build / stats

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 09:20:26 pm »
no? I'm eu

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/free-loompoint/msg751398/#msg751398

This post and others in your post history would seem to suggest that you're the same Brock that was formerly in Teutonic, who is an NA player that I saw just yesterday racking up a respectable number of kills by one-shotting most of the people who got in range of him with his axe.