Author Topic: Question about Strat  (Read 367 times)

Offline N8te

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Question about Strat
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:06:11 am »
I've heard people say that to play strat, about 15 STR is usually required? Because they rarely have lower tier items in armory. Is this even true?

I'm probably going to go full agility with like, 10-15 STR, I'd love to use items that aren't transitional and all sorts of this 14 STR plate. Will people accept me as a low STR 2h player? It's what I'm best at. Advice and suggestions are welcomed.

A little bit about my playstyle: Like having high athletics (9-10 xD), Like playing 2h or 1h (No shield), Love the Katana, I like archer but it's just not as fun as a melee class IMO.

Edit: I may just be overreacting, but I really don't want to spec my hero in a way which no one will accept me for strat battles :/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:13:17 am by N8te »

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
Re: Question about Strat
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:06:12 am »
+1
yep it is.

Having only 12 str you might find battle where you can't equip anything  :wink:

(It's not the case 90% of the time, but IT CAN happen)

Also strat isn't low str friendly even if we ignore equipment requirement.

Most battle are either siege with very small place to maneuver or stupid steep hill (kinda the same)

Finally when you think you got that easy because it's a plain battle.... heavy cav will bump rape you...  :P

Welcome to Strat!  :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:09:20 am by Dach »
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:49:43 am »
I usually have 9-10 athletics and 12-15 strength. I also fight in strat battles pretty often.

Strat battles tend to be much more team-oriented with everyone fighting in close quarters and lines where strongfats dominate, so most commanders don't make it a point to bring equipment for players with under 15 strength because they're uncommon in strat. With 12 strength you'll probably join some battles where there aren't any weapons in your class that you meet the requirements for, and if there are it was probably incidental. The same goes for armor, although there's usually at least some light armor for archers to wear. If there are weapons and armor that you can use, there usually isn't much of it and your side could run out before the end of the battle. I usually get accepted because I can do reasonably well even if I'm naked half the time and scavenging weapons, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

Honestly it's a different beast altogether and what works in NA_1 won't necessarily work in strat. It's like cRPG's hardcore mode. Your best bet is to go in with at least 15 strength, no ego, and just do whatever the boss-man says. Get a few kills, try not to die too much, and learn as you go.

P.S. avoid fighting in castles as an agility build, trust me.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline N8te

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:25:39 pm »
Thank you guys for the suggestions. Helped me out a lot.