Author Topic: New DTV Is Shit  (Read 8577 times)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: New DTV Is Shit
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2013, 03:53:22 am »
On NA players can't map poll, afaik.

not the official poll system

i mean they just ask "map change?" people write 1 or 2 in chat, if majority says 1 they rape poor valdemar themselves
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2013, 03:54:49 am »
Afaik seeing as the maps are cyclical now, or they always were and the glitch doesnt work anymore. Whenever you rape Vlad 4 times you go back to the same map you were on.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Mammonist

• Earl
  • Renown: 426
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Centi
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2013, 09:52:55 am »
Still old maps would mean back to glitching = not good.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2013, 04:13:15 pm »
Still old maps would mean back to glitching = not good.

As opposed to new maps which is just sitting in one place, afking? That = good?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »
+1
New maps give more XP.  I could stop there, but there's more!

New maps make shield walls useful.  People are actually making shield walls and working together!

The server is almost always full with the new maps.   People like it.

I think the maps HAVE to be "railroaded" the way they are because people are too retarded to actually work together and use tactics to win.  It's like herding cats.  If you put all the cats in one narrow alley, at least they are forced to stay together. :)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, 04:39:50 pm »
+1
All we need is a couple of open maps, like the old ones, distributed along the rotation, because I feel asphyxiated after a while in these new maps. I'm not saying they're not good - they are - but I miss the possibilities open maps used to give.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2013, 04:48:05 pm »
All we need is a couple of open maps, like the old ones, distributed along the rotation, because I feel asphyxiated after a while in these new maps. I'm not saying they're not good - they are - but I miss the possibilities open maps used to give.

The possibility of died in the 3rd round because everyone got cocky killing the peasants and ran out on their own.  Yep, happened every time.  In fact it still happens with the new maps sometimes -- never ceases to amaze.

Sometimes you make it to weabo and die.  Once in a blue moon you may see a sea raider.  This is my experience with the old DTV.  I'm glad we are going farther than ever before!

Offline Mammonist

• Earl
  • Renown: 426
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Centi
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2013, 05:47:44 pm »
+3
The defend the village map is the best of the current rotation imho, multiple spawn positions and multiple paths and floors open.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »
The possibility of died in the 3rd round because everyone got cocky killing the peasants and ran out on their own.  Yep, happened every time.  In fact it still happens with the new maps sometimes -- never ceases to amaze.

Sometimes you make it to weabo and die.  Once in a blue moon you may see a sea raider.  This is my experience with the old DTV.  I'm glad we are going farther than ever before!

The only reason that the server never got past sea raiders when you were around is simply because you would always shoot any teammates in the back on purpose and blatantly state as such. "If you are not being a little bitch behind this fence like me, you want to hurt the team and are therefore an enemy I will shoot at without abandon." Never did you once notice that the guys you were shooting at were somewhere around 100-0 KDRs until you shot us in the back while we had a huge mob. You are simply  detrimental to your team, and that is why you have had such shitty dtv experiences. Many players nowadays can solo almost an entire wave of weaboos, they are simply very easy. If you have 3 guys soloing them, its a guaranteed success. But nope, you go and methodically shoot each one of us in the back, and we all die, then you lose since your best melee heroes have fallen and all that was left is you coward ranged who just pew pew from a fence while the V is under attack.

Also, on any old map I think sea raiders is pretty much the minimum wave you get to. How you only saw them once in a blue moon is easily explained by the above paragraph. And you want to know why some people still charge on the new maps? Well, I personally play more recklessly than ever to spite the anal-raping that DTV got. Many others however are suicide leeching since its better than literally just leeching afk while the shielders do their thing. Oh, and also, not everyone is a pansy. Some men like to charge out and get their hands dirty, unlike you.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2013, 11:10:37 pm »
The only reason that the server never got past sea raiders when you were around is simply because you would always shoot any teammates in the back on purpose and blatantly state as such. "If you are not being a little bitch behind this fence like me, you want to hurt the team and are therefore an enemy I will shoot at without abandon." Never did you once notice that the guys you were shooting at were somewhere around 100-0 KDRs until you shot us in the back while we had a huge mob. You are simply  detrimental to your team, and that is why you have had such shitty dtv experiences. Many players nowadays can solo almost an entire wave of weaboos, they are simply very easy. If you have 3 guys soloing them, its a guaranteed success. But nope, you go and methodically shoot each one of us in the back, and we all die, then you lose since your best melee heroes have fallen and all that was left is you coward ranged who just pew pew from a fence while the V is under attack.

Also, on any old map I think sea raiders is pretty much the minimum wave you get to. How you only saw them once in a blue moon is easily explained by the above paragraph. And you want to know why some people still charge on the new maps? Well, I personally play more recklessly than ever to spite the anal-raping that DTV got. Many others however are suicide leeching since its better than literally just leeching afk while the shielders do their thing. Oh, and also, not everyone is a pansy. Some men like to charge out and get their hands dirty, unlike you.

LOL  I remember that day!  I didn't think I made an impression.  That was just me trying to "herd cats" so we could actually get some XP.  Fun times. :)

That was a one time occurrence though.  Most of my experience on DTV is not as an archer.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2013, 12:07:31 am »
+1
As a due update concerning DTV and its decent fanbase I will inform you gents of the Developers' efforts on helping out the DTV cause thus far. I feel it is my duty as a DTV player to recognize the Developer efforts on our behalf. Whilst there are still many problems and bugs with New DTV like barriers, glitchy maps, and odd viscount spawns, the Devs have actually corrected the French Lady wave and have reduced their bot-power to a point where it is a balanced fight between us and them on that wave. Though this hot-fix took place directly after the inception of this Topic, I commend their efforts thus far, that they have addressed with due swiftness one of the problems in New DTV.

But there are still more issues with this DTV format-change that need to be addressed. Deal with them professionally as you did with the wave correction. Gentlemen, keep a better DTV in mind.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2013, 10:36:53 pm »
Maybe if you grew a brain you would know that we aren't complaining about the gender change of the bot we protect.

IF you knew how to read which you obviously do not... so I'm only proving myself as mentally challenged as you are, but in case there is a lick of smarts in that thick skull of yours; here goes nothing- They recently added new maps to Defend the Viscount which are very unpopular atm Some are playable but there are a quite a few that are broken and tiny. Most people that play dtv do so to get away from annoying douche bags that play battle/siege (much like yourself) or because they simply don't want to try very hard/ can't try hard for different reasons.

nofing rong wif my extra chromosome u retardist

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2013, 04:56:31 pm »
+1
Here's a video of a bugged spawn point in Arena where you can't get out because Valdemar blocks your exit:

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2013, 05:06:19 pm »
+1
Wait for next hotfix, basically all the bugs should be fixed =P

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2013, 05:12:43 pm »
ofc some hardcore xp/gold farmers will disagree: but looking at dwindling player numbers, esp. on NA, - maybe time to reduce game modes to the essential ones. bot-slaying for the grind pulls off exactly the 10-20 ppl that would otherwise give battle and siege a decent population...

so: not put much effort into fixing DTV, just dump it.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...