Author Topic: The bug in "save stats" made me lost my 33 level character, please help me!!!!!!  (Read 408 times)

Offline XXTNTXX

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
As we received the free full respec, I tried to see the possibility to build the new character. However, there is a terrible bug in "save stats" of the crpg website. If you try to make a "Skipped the fun" character to test first, it is very easy to make you lost your "Regular" character. This is what it happened:

1. In any browser (mine is Firefox), open a new tab (Tab 1), go to crpg.net and login, make a "Skipped the fun" character (if you already have one, just choose it). And you can see the Overview of this Character.

2. Open a tab (Tab 2) (must be the same browser), go to crpg.net and choose your "Regular" character (e.g. my 33 level character). And you can see the Overview of Character of this "Regular" character. You may test different setup of points but without "Save stats" (That was what I did.).

3. Back to Tab 1 with "Skipped the fun" character, put the points and set stats for testing this "Skipped the fun" character, and click "Save stats". You will see a message as "Are you sure you want to apply these changes? This cannot be undone.". You will definitely choose "Yes", because this is just a "Skipped the fun" character. But!!!!! The real happening is that it actually changes your "Regular" character in another tab (Tab 2), and this cannot be undone!!!!

This just happened on me and wasted my 33 level character! Now I understand that when I open a new tab (Tab 2) with my "Regular" character, the browser will only remember the latest selected character. The problem is that when you click "Save stats" of the previous selected character in the old tab (Tab 1), the procedures shown to you is exactly same as you are just changing the stats of the current character in front of you. And you definitely will select "Yes". But in fact, this changes the character you latest selected in another tab (tab 2) of the browser.

I also observed that this only happened when the points you added for character in Tab 1 are applicable for character in Tab 2. For example, if character in Tab 2 has 10 Agility, you set 12  Agility for character in Tab 1 and "save stats", and character in Tab 2 will change to 12 Agility; but if you only set 8 Agility for character in Tab 1, the character in Tab 2 will still keep 10 Agility.

Kindly moderators and adimins! Please help me to get my 33 level character back. As this was caused by the bug of website, please give me a full respec for this character. My character's name is stnovots. Thanks a lot in here!!!

My suggestion for future improvement is: Please change the message shown after clicking "Save stats". The message should contain the highlighted character name that you want to change.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Harald will probably fix this for you. If he doesn't see it maybe pm him
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Reset your character. The problem is known and we got safeguards on other pages, but for some reason forgot the stats page.

Offline XXTNTXX

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Reset your character. The problem is known and we got safeguards on other pages, but for some reason forgot the stats page.

Thanks a lot Harald, I see my character was back.