Author Topic: Level 35 lancer/1h/cav build  (Read 698 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Level 35 lancer/1h/cav build
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:02:55 pm »
Currently I have 66 HP, I'm worried in the 21/21 build that having 59 HP will be quite noticeable (14% less HP)

Considering these two builds, wanted to see people's opinions/preferences/advice in regards to them (or maybe a different build, I need 6 riding however). 

Strength:        24
Agility:         18

(click to show/hide)

Strength:        21
Agility:         21
(click to show/hide)

I'm currently level 34 (40 million xp to 35) with 21/18 and my WPF is about the same as it would be under the 24/18 build, and my total HP will only be 3 less with the 24/18 build.  That is the one that I'm leaning towards the most right now.  Having 7 athletics however and being able to ride a 7 riding skill horse when I'm on the battlefield both seem like very nice perks however (and I don't mind having 7 PS, but the allure of 8 PS is so tempting)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Level 35 lancer/1h/cav build
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 10:57:29 pm »
+1
my most successful build ever was the 24/18 i had for a while.  that was before the heavy lance damage nerf,  overhead turn nerf and before most people were high level or fully loomed,  so take that into account.

since then i always had 21 agi 7 riding 7 athl,  and i am quite positive that it ups the gaming experience.  7 athl helps you choose your fights a lot better,  7 riding seems to have a nice edge concidering turn rate and acceleration, but is not that necessary.  the arab is a great horse,  i didnt use one for very long cause i am a courser boy,  but now it somewhat replaced my unicorn cause its just more fun on slower maps...
(the feathered horse you talked about in other thread has 8 riding, so forget that : )

anyways:  21/21 will give you more freedom,  i prefer it,  but 24/18 is a great build...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:09:53 pm »
+1
Now I'm leaning towards 21/21...the 7 athletics and 7 riding (along with 154 WPF in 1h and 120 in polearms) is very appealing...but the allure of 8 PS is calling me :(  I have a +3 courser, the Arabian is my favorite horse in the game (for battle, not in strat obviously), but don't have a +3 myself.  So won't be that useful to have 7 riding I don't think.

I was so close to hitting save on this build and going the 21/21 route (I have no issues with 7 PS currently, but having only 59 HP is going to be quite a bit less than the 66 I'm used to):

Still have no clue wtf I'm going to do :(
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 11:12:22 pm »
+1
With 8ps 125wpf vs 7ps 140wpf it'll still take you roughly 2-5 hits to kill someone. So the difference I feel you should consider is 14hp vs 7ath/riding.

14hp will likely let you take an extra hit when on the ground. 7riding lets you use the arab, and be generally faster. Faster cav= (possibly)longer living cav and higher speed bonus (works both ways).

So you get more of a direct benefit from the hp and an indirect benefit from the increased riding. You're a pretty good cav so I feel the indirect benefits from 7riding/ath will be more beneficial for you.

Edit: I have a +3 Arab. Sooooo fun :P Much easier to fight inf directly and maneuver around clusterfucks. Less zoom zoom 1hit kill with a lance in the back though obviously. Try trading the courser for one?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:15:39 pm by ShinySpoons »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 11:15:47 pm »
Thanks for input spoons.  I am leaning towards what you're suggesting (even more after reading your post).  I've never been a huge fan of relying on defense (IF/HP) for playing the game.  I always choose WM over IF.  Would rather take offensive abilities than defensive ones.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 02:16:15 am »
+1
Thanks for input spoons.  I am leaning towards what you're suggesting (even more after reading your post).  I've never been a huge fan of relying on defense (IF/HP) for playing the game.  I always choose WM over IF.  Would rather take offensive abilities than defensive ones.

furthermore you do have a shield,  which lays the fate of your hp more into your hands then if you were shieldless :)

if i should ever hit 36,  ill go 24/21 0if 0shield cause fuck why not :D

that being said,  the dif between 6 and 7 riding is not worth it if you ride courser only imo,  neither from speedbonus nor maneuverability...

still i find diversity rules,  and 21/21 gives you that over 24/18
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!