Author Topic: Global warming, more like global hoax.  (Read 7933 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming, more like global hoax.
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »
+1
I didn't even say anything that could remotely trigger you asking this question. Way to attack a straw man.
It wasn't an attack, it was a question. Way to attack a straw man.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 04:58:19 pm »
+1
Ah well, I'm done, you keep on basing your convictions on David Rose and his articles in the Daily Mail, not my problem.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 05:00:36 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The predictions have already failed horribly. See above, and claim that the arctic ice would be gone by the year 2013, when it has only grown by 26% per cent.

So, if it has been getting warmer, Global warming is real.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 05:00:42 pm »
Ah well, I'm done, you keep on basing your convictions on David Rose and his articles in the Daily Mail, not my problem.
You keep thinking I base my convictions on David Rose and his articles in the Daily Mail, not my problem.

So, if it has been getting warmer, Global warming is real.
The general trend has been that it's been getting warmer slowly, yes. But the climate is never frozen in place, it has always changed in one direction or another. The question is what's causing it, what the effects will be, will it reverse, slow down or speed up, etc.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 05:06:39 pm »
But since it has been getting warmer, you can't call it a hoax. Neither can you ignore the anti-polution mesures taken against this effect, that must have had a hand in changing the predictions. In which case you're using the results of actions taken against Global warming against it. You must be able to see it.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 05:07:32 pm »
.-.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 05:09:33 pm »
+1
But since it has been getting warmer, you can't call it a hoax. Neither can you ignore the anti-polution mesures taken against this effect, that must have had a hand in changing the predictions.
Yes, you can call it a hoax. You can call it a hoax when all the catastrophic predictions made about it have been proven false and people have been raking in tons of money from these claims, which are untrue. "Global warming" as it has been marketed to the general public is not "well it's gotten a TINY bit warmer for the past decades", it's "humans are causing this! There will be no ice left by 2013! 50 million climate change refugees by 2010! Death, murder, plague!"
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 05:12:24 pm »
Like I said, the measures taken aginst global warming would have thankfully changed the predictions. And you can't disprove that.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 05:16:09 pm »
+1
Like I said, the measures taken aginst global warming would have thankfully changed the predictions. And you can't disprove that.
You can't prove that they have. In fact, do you have any scientific source claiming that? The "global warming" has in fact paused recently; there is no reason to believe that the overall minimal differences in CO2 emissions would have so drastically changed everything.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 05:27:27 pm »
+2
Wow you guys still believe in global warming after climategate and all that shit.. turn off the tv for good :-)

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 05:30:29 pm »
You can't prove that they have. In fact, do you have any scientific source claiming that? The "global warming" has in fact paused recently; there is no reason to believe that the overall minimal differences in CO2 emissions would have so drastically changed everything.

Exept we are yet to see if GW actually paused or if its just a fluctuation and the climate will keep getting warmer. In any event, you can't prove that the steps used to fight GW wheren't partially responsible for the reprieve.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 05:33:13 pm »
+1
Exept we are yet to see if GW actually paused or if its just a fluctuation and the climate will keep getting warmer. In any event, you can't prove that the steps used to fight GW wheren't partially responsible for the reprieve.
You can't prove there's no invisible pink unicorn in your garage. The burden of proof is on you to prove that those steps are responsible for the reprieve, not the other way around: otherwise I can claim the invisible pink unicorn did it and say you can't prove it didn't.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 05:38:38 pm »
+1
Hold on for a minute I'm getting popcorn.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 05:41:58 pm »
+2
You can't prove that me taking a shit earlier today didn't save the earth from exploding.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 05:51:14 pm »
Most people ignore the nearly 200 years of increased COOLING the earth had from about 1500-1800 or so.(The Little Ice Age)

Before this, you could effectively grow WINE in places like Great Britain and even close to the Scottish Border.(Recorded accounts, as well as verifiable hard evidence)

So if anything, we're actually moving SLOWLY back to the point we were supposed to be at some 500 years ago.
So what HAS been confirmed: Gradual Increase in temperature of Earth. Proven to have happened MORE THAN ONCE in the History of the Earth.
What hasn't been confirmed: Whether Humans have been a major cause of the environmental shift.

If anyone actually does their research, you'd see that most of what has been said is actually false outside of general temperature increases, and even then, those are sometimes fudged by people with agendas. In the end, this is nothing more than a way to force "First World Countries" into a forced  state of acting, while they ignore most developing countries, who in fact would be the largest contributors rather than the developed countries.(Though developed countries tend to eat far more resources than developing countries do, in general)