Author Topic: Global warming, more like global hoax.  (Read 7961 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Global warming, more like global hoax.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 03:46:18 pm »
btw. my region of Europe by latest predictions will be uninhabitable by year 2050 due to 50+ degree summers. We'll see about that.

well we can already have 40-45C+ periods of summer here, so it could come true easily
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 03:47:27 pm »
Very interesting, if its not just a fluctuation and remains this way for a few years, then the predictions where wrong, and all the thermometers lied.

The predictions have already failed horribly. See above, and claim that the arctic ice would be gone by the year 2013, when it has only grown by 26% per cent.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 03:53:25 pm »
well we can already have 40-45C+ periods of summer here, so it could come true easily

Yes same here we had an extremly warm summer and temps got up to 40 here also, but they predict longer periods of such temps which would make life difficult, droughts, inability to grow crops and all other similar problems. Mind you there are people that live in much warmer climate than in south of Europe in the summer and they survived, we'll just have to adapt I guess.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »
If the policies hadn't changed, maybe it would be gone. Must we really wait for a disaster to happen before we start acting against it?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 03:55:09 pm »
If the policies hadn't changed, maybe it would be gone. Must we really wait for a disaster to happen before we start acting against it?

European maybe, China and US did little to nothing
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 03:57:04 pm »
Must we really wait for a disaster to happen before we start acting against it?

That's how it works

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 03:59:12 pm »
+1
I don't believe in global warming as a real thing, it's just another bullshitty idea like all the other ones before it, and the earth gets colder then warmer then colder then warmer then colder all the fucking time...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 04:01:18 pm »
+4
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/09/10/climate_change_sea_ice_global_cooling_and_other_nonsense.html

Enjoy

The second claim that the Arctic sea ice is now 60 percent higher over August 2012 is technically true but extremely misleading. In the summer of 2012 Arctic sea ice hit a record low. Given just how extreme it was, it’s not too surprising that it would not be as extreme this year. As you can see by the graph here, the sea ice extent (which essentially represents how much area is covered by ice) was incredibly low last year and is still lower than average this year. Rose makes this seem like the ice is on a huge rebound, but it’s more like getting a D- after getting an F on a test. Sure, it’s better, but it ain’t necessarily good.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/arctic-antarctic-ice.html

September 2012 witnessed two opposite records concerning sea ice. Two weeks after the Arctic Ocean's ice cap experienced an all-time summertime low for the satellite era (left), Antarctic sea ice reached a record winter maximum extent (right)

Seems like 2012 was just an extreme case, and in 2013 the icecap would automatically become bigger than 2012 because of that (but still be shrinking long term).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:07:03 pm by BASNAK »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 04:11:10 pm »
See above, and claim that the arctic ice would be gone by the year 2013, when it has only grown by 26% per cent.

I'd like to pose a clarifying question. What has it grown by 26% in comparison to, from what previous levels?
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 04:18:23 pm »
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/09/10/climate_change_sea_ice_global_cooling_and_other_nonsense.html

Enjoy

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/arctic-antarctic-ice.html

Seems like 2012 was just an extreme case, and in 2013 the icecap would automatically become bigger than 2012 because of that (but still be shrinking long term).

gg
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 04:19:38 pm »
I'd like to pose a clarifying question. What has it grown by 26% in comparison to, from what previous levels?
29%, though the other figure that's thrown around is 60%. Don't know which, but the point is that it was predicted to be completely gone by 2013; obviously untrue.

Also,

Ice grew at rates faster than average throughout October, at 103,500 square kilometers (40,000 square miles) per day compared to the 1981 to 2010 average of 87,500 square kilometers per day (33,800 square miles per day)

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

The overall data from 2013 also falls within two standard deviations of the average, whereas 2012's data did not.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 04:24:51 pm »
+1
The climate changes regardless of what we do. Maybe humans can have some marginal affect, but it's nothing compared to the natural trajectory.

Al Gore is taking a piss on you and runs away with the money.

Global warming is a business... People give you money when you first scare the crap out of them and then tell they are responsible for the scary thing.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 04:37:38 pm »
+1
Failure to read article, check.
Straw man fallacy, check.

The collection grows.
Goddamnit Xant, you yourself disqualify the arguments that attack the Daily Mail as a source on scientific subjects by asking whether they falsified the NASA images presented in it. You defend the source and the argument it presents on the basis of it's use of scientific imagery. My deduction that you only find the imagery relevant comes from your defense of the source being based solely on these pictures. These pictures show the effects of a single cold summer which prompts you to claim that global warming is a hoax. Now you tell me to actually read the entire article written by David Rose without any proper sources which stinks of classic journalistic misrepresentation of science to generate interest. He is even claiming that articles published by the Daily Mail prompted the IPCC to reconsider it's position and that the IPCC is holding a pre-summit because of this article.

Which from what I get here is untrue and this just makes David Rose a questionable author. If he makes up this then I am scared to even find out what is wrong with the actual science related arguments and facts he presents.
http://www.rtcc.org/2013/09/11/ipcc-rejects-daily-mail-claims-it-plans-climate-crisis-meeting/

Can't help attacking a straw man if you lack any consistency or clarity in presenting your argument. I ask you again, as apparently it is the entire content of the article which allows you to describe global warming as a hoax. Are you sure the Daily Mail is a good source for these kind of discussion subjects? Get proper sources ya shit.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 04:45:21 pm »
+1
Goddamnit Xant, you yourself disqualify the arguments that attack the Daily Mail as a source on scientific subjects by asking whether they falsified the NASA images presented in it. You defend the source and the argument it presents on the basis of it's use of scientific imagery. My deduction that you only find the imagery relevant comes from your defense of the source being based solely on these pictures. These pictures show the effects of a single cold summer which prompts you to claim that global warming is a hoax. Now you tell me to actually read the entire article written by David Rose without any proper sources which stinks of classic journalistic misrepresentation of science to generate interest. He is even claiming that articles published by the Daily Mail prompted the IPCC to reconsider it's position and that the IPCC is holding a pre-summit because of this article.

Which from what I get here is untrue and this just makes David Rose a questionable author. If he makes up this then I am scared to even find out what is wrong with the actual science related arguments and facts he presents.
http://www.rtcc.org/2013/09/11/ipcc-rejects-daily-mail-claims-it-plans-climate-crisis-meeting/

Can't help attacking a straw man if you lack any consistency or clarity in presenting your argument. I ask you again, as apparently it is the entire content of the article which allows you to describe global warming as a hoax. Are you sure the Daily Mail is a good source for these kind of discussion subjects? Get proper sources ya shit.
This shoots so far past the mark I'm not even sure what to say. Yes, indeed, the comparison image compares the contraction and recovery of the arctic ice between the years 2012-2013. And?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 04:50:53 pm »
Yes, indeed, the comparison image compares the contraction and recovery of the arctic ice between the years 2012-2013. And?
I didn't even say anything that could remotely trigger you asking this question. Way to attack a straw man.