Author Topic: Hello I'm new to C-RPG (Questions)  (Read 639 times)

Offline N8te

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hello I'm new to C-RPG (Questions)
« on: November 13, 2013, 05:47:37 am »
+2
Hey guys! I got a few questions.

1.) What exactly does WPF do to change said weapon?

2.) Is the longsword in the 2h shop, classified as a 1her too? So I could use a longsword with my 1her WPF?

3.) Is there a 1h sword that can be used as a 2h? Example: Longsword, but it's classified as a 2h

I'm trying to run an agile archer/1h build. If anyone has any suggestions for a newbie that'd be much appreciated!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:53:38 am by N8te »

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Hello I'm new to C-RPG (Questions)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 05:57:25 am »
edit: I was wrong
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:28:05 pm by no_rules_just_play »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 06:03:11 am »
+1
Then secondary mode for 2hs like longsword, the secondary mode is halfswording, which requires pole Wpf
The 2hs with 1h, can be used as a 1h when givin a shield, but they suck

Couple of 1hs with 2h secondary mode, langes messer, fighting axe
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 06:11:48 am »
+2
Hey guys! I got a few questions.

1.) What exactly does WPF do to change said weapon?

2.) Is the longsword in the 2h shop, classified as a 1her too? So I could use a longsword with my 1her WPF?

3.) Is there a 1h sword that can be used as a 2h? Example: Longsword, but it's classified as a 2h

I'm trying to run an agile archer/1h build. If anyone has any suggestions for a newbie that'd be much appreciated!

Thanks!

1. WPF makes you faster with weapon and do more damage.  Best to specialize in one or two weapon types.  120-140 wpf is typical for a main weapon type that you will use.  If you are an archer and are using a melee weapon as a sidearm, you can take anywhere from 0-80 wpf usually and put most wpf in bow skill.

2.  Longsword, Bastard sword, heavy bastard sword can be used as a 1h if you are using it with a shield...but speed and damage are reduced by like 33% or something.  It's not worth it.  The "secondary" modes on 2h swords like those means you can use half-swording, which uses polearm wpf.  It's ok, but not very effective.  Best to use these weapons in 2h mode only to let them shine.

3.  1h weapons that can be used in two hands include the Langes Messer and Fighting Axe and Military Sickle.

A lot of 1h weapons take zero slots...these are popular options for archers.  But you can make a viable archer using 2h weapons too...you will just have to use a smaller bow or take less arrows.

Offline N8te

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 06:14:23 am »
Then secondary mode for 2hs like longsword, the secondary mode is halfswording, which requires pole Wpf
The 2hs with 1h, can be used as a 1h when givin a shield, but they suck

Couple of 1hs with 2h secondary mode, langes messer, fighting axe

Yeah i was just about to ask, how is the Langes Messer?

Edit: Also, thank you guys for all this help and feedback you're all awesome.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 08:49:30 am »
+2
Langes Messer for an archer? It's okay, if you have at least some Powerstrike.
2) not sure if the secondary mode of the longsword is polearm or onehander, so I can't really answer that. Anyway, using any 2hander in onehanded mode is pretty useless and stupid.
3) all onehanders with 'secondary mode' can be used as 2hander. I think some light 2handed swords can be used as onehander in their secondary mode. You can see if a weapon has this option in the shop.
2) Using 2handers with a shield = very good range, though, yeah, a very bad idea for newbies. This uses 1h proficiency. Hitting secondary mode button with a longsword without shield = polearm proficiency and polearm grip.
3) False. Secondary mode = secondary mode, which is not always 2handed mode. 1hs with 2h mode: Langes Messer, Fighting Axe, Military Sickle, Cudgel. The rest simply use the other side of the weapon in 1h mode, such as many 1h axes having a pick on the other side, that does pierce damage.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:56:20 am by [ptx] »