Poll

Do you agree with my idea??

Yes
77 (65.8%)
No
40 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: November 19, 2013, 09:48:00 pm

Author Topic: Donations for quality armours.  (Read 3647 times)

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Donations for quality armours.
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:47:37 pm »
+31
I know that I`m not the only one who believes that the mod, needs some new armours/helmets/gloves/boots/horses/shields, because in a roleplaying game, diversity is everything.

In various warband forums, there are a lot of OSP`s with plenty of new gear, but the quality is not the best  so everytime someone suggest them to be added, the devs reject it because of that.

Now on the other hand, there are some modelers out there, which their OSP`s are very high quality, I`m speaking about Dejawolf, Narf and Al Mansur .

Now to cut it to the chase, my idea is pretty simple, we gather 30 to 50 armours/helmets/gloves/boots/horses/shields pictures, all of them must be historically accurate, and after we do this, we start collecting donations, so we can buy the models from the modelers to add them exclusively to C-RPG.

I don`t know about you, but I`m more than willing to spare 20 euros for some new armours, but my only condition would be that the armours would be implemented to the mod.

Of course, I won`t be the one who will be keeping the money, it has to be someone trustworthy amongst the community  and with a Paypal account.

This is not a troll thread so I beg you to keep it as clean as possible.

Do not post any pictures yet, I opened this thread to see what you guys think, and to add a 7 day poll regarding the matter!

Edit for some corrections in the OP.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:09:20 pm by Sabjorn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Donations for quality armours.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:54:50 pm »
+5
Sure why not, especially if they would remake Samurai armors, I would also gladly help with PayPal
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 10:07:21 pm »
+5
In before the thread is full of people posting pictures of models they want.

I dont' have money for this, but I am not opposed to other people doing this.  I will vote in the affirmative.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:10:26 pm »
+3
In before the thread is full of people posting pictures of models they want.

I dont' have money for this, but I am not opposed to other people doing this.  I will vote in the affirmative.

I`m a Greek, my country is in deep shit, and yet I`m more than willing to spare 20 euros to improve a game that I play almost everyday, I`m pretty sure everyone can pitch in..  :wink:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 10:16:29 pm »
+2
no.  already enough armor/weapons.  No need to add more that need to get balanced with existing equipment.   There's already so many different types of builds you can make with existing equipment (talking about stats, not looks). 

Only way I think this is a good idea, is if you make new armors on par with an existing armor, so it only adds a different look, not different stats/prices.

So I guess I changed my mind from beginning to end of post :P I think it's a good idea if they match already existing armor stats.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »
+9
I`m a Greek, my country is in deep shit, and yet I`m more than willing to spare 20 euros to improve a game that I play almost everyday, I`m pretty sure everyone can pitch in..  :wink:

it's because you greeks spend your time wasting money that you're in deep shit mostly

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 10:27:02 pm »
+4
I don't really believe the mod needs more armor or weaponry all that badly, it'd be awesome if someone took the time to make gear generally fit together with more gear through slight alterations (mail texture, armor size, dynamic cloth coloring, native pose for narfs latest armors, etc), but besides that we don't really need anything new gearwise that badly.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline brunoII

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 10:39:57 pm »
+1
I am fully in favor of giving my contribution to update the mod ....
Panos vote in favor of your topic

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 10:49:16 pm »
+1
I'm so confused.  Who are you donating to?  To the modellers?  The devs?

The modellers have already done their work.  Donations, I'm sure, would be appreciated.

The devs are mostly working on their game, of which they've already been paid like $100,000 for.  So don't donate anything to them because they haven't produced their new game yet, and putting other models into CRPG would take away from their work on the new game.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 10:52:28 pm »
+1
i'm not sure if donating's necessarily the answer but i for one would definitely support adding a shit ton more armours but giving them exactly the same stats as existing armours; if only to give a bit more variety

wouldn't be hard to implement and would give some people some fun :)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 10:52:54 pm »
+18
New stuff will be added with the next item patch numbering along the lines of what is listed above. Not that I'm trying to put a stop to the OPs goals, just thought it was important to state such.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 10:56:46 pm »
We give the donated money to the modelers, we actually want to buy the armours for c-rpg.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 11:02:55 pm »
+6
This is going to be the unpopular opinion but I am used to voicing that now:

When you really think about it, do new armours actually make the mod more enjoyable? If you look at how much the amount of armours has increased since 3 years a go, you'd think that made the game much more amazing using your logic. In my opinion it has not. I am excited as fuck anytime we get new items, but the novelty quickly wears off and it is just back to the grind after two months. I think the enjoyment of the mod of most players is barely influenced at all by new items when you look at two months after they have been implemented.

In my opinion the thing that is much more important and lasting for diversity and customization and really deserves an implementation attempt is this: http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/colored-armors/

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 11:08:00 pm »
+18
This is going to be the unpopular opinion but I am used to voicing that now:

When you really think about it, do new armours actually make the mod more enjoyable? If you look at how much the amount of armours has increased since 3 years a go, you'd think that made the game much more amazing using your logic. In my opinion it has not. I am excited as fuck anytime we get new items, but the novelty quickly wears off and it is just back to the grind after two months. I think the enjoyment of the mod of most players is barely influenced at all by new items when you look at two months after they have been implemented.

In my opinion the thing that is much more important and lasting for diversity and customization and really deserves an implementation attempt is this: http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/colored-armors/

Teeth the Fun Killer strikes again!

https://soundcloud.com/user473991749/teeth-fun-killer

(Note: This clip is an actual voice recording of Teeth in teamspeak)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:16:44 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 11:10:01 pm »
+5
Teeth sounds more and more boring with every post he makes, very soon he'll become even worse then Boringlater himself, who is boring beyond belief.  :rolleyes:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.