Author Topic: Is this some kind of a bad joke??  (Read 4219 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Is this some kind of a bad joke??
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 08:48:04 pm »
Except Paul is the guy who actually does respond to whatever threads and gives actual information?

You really would prefer either no reply or a canned, "official", yet terribly uninformative reply at rare circumstances?

i love that he responds, that's absolutely excellent, and i love that he does free work for the community, that's also very nice of him

the bit i have a problem with is that he behaves like a petulant child on the forum; whenever someone asks him a straightforward question he always does his best to say something which i could only describe as a "snidey" comment

all this attitude serves to do is lower confidence in the crpg development team; fair enough if he was a random panos spamming those things whatever, but someone who we're all looking to in a position of power ... :/

EDIT: it's fine when it's funny, cmp and chadz, and sometimes paul make funny posts that give information, but i've seen dozens of time people ask paul for legitimate information which he could easily answer, and he makes a cheap joke at their behest, without providing information and just stirring up a lot of bad feelings against the crpg devs. On the contrary, tydeus comes accross as very professional and mature, the exact sort of ideal thing you want from a dev. I understand this is a mod so not everyone can be a tydeus, but at least being nice would be ok .. :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:06:11 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 08:55:54 pm »
+3
Well no not so generic but you get the idea. Still certanly better than "when it's done"
Woah there. I actually love hearing the "when it's done" response. Why? Because the alternative means an unfinished product. A lot of devs now a days are pressured by producers to push their game out as soon as possible, then patch in fixes later. I don't know about you, but I'm fed up with this type of production model. Some bugs and things are fine, and I realize crpg has a bit of a history with having problematic patches, but due to the scale, it's not possible to properly test every patch before going live. There isn't enough manpower on our side for that and you have novices like me screwing seemingly easy things up(The recent helmet texture issue). Most games' beta tests use more players than what crpg has.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 09:19:40 pm »
+2
all this attitude serves to do is lower confidence in the crpg development team; fair enough if he was a random panos spamming those things whatever, but someone who we're all looking to in a position of power ... :/

my posts are top quality my old friendgit  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, 09:24:24 pm »
+1
Don't know about you but TW dev responses almost make me rage sometimes. Never such a thing happened here really.

December 2010

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 09:57:06 pm »
+2
It would be nice with some clear instructions on how rolls work though, instead of having to find them out yourself.

For example, that "too early"(5%>kd anim progression>45%)" part was the first time I've heard of it.

So some simple questions about rolls:
  • When exactly is the 5%-45% of animation visually? (i.e. 45% in is when your body hits the ground)
  • How does ping affect that 5%-45% animation part thingie? Will 300+ ping (for example) mean there's no way you can hit it fast enough (reflexively and not pre-emptive)
  • If I press any other button (rmb, lmb, space, etc) between being knocked down and double tapping, does it cancel the roll?
  • What if I'm already holding that other button as I get knocked down? (say, I'm holding an attack/block as I get knocked down from behind)
  • What if I'm holding a or d when I get knocked down. Does that mean I just have to release than tap it again, or release then double tap? What about the 5% anim progress?
  • Which knockdowns can I roll from and which can I not? I've tested it a bit and you can't roll from nudge knockdowns, but you can from chamberkick knockdowns.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 10:55:47 pm »
Woah there. I actually love hearing the "when it's done" response. Why? Because the alternative means an unfinished product. A lot of devs now a days are pressured by producers to push their game out as soon as possible, then patch in fixes later. I don't know about you, but I'm fed up with this type of production model. Some bugs and things are fine, and I realize crpg has a bit of a history with having problematic patches, but due to the scale, it's not possible to properly test every patch before going live. There isn't enough manpower on our side for that and you have novices like me screwing seemingly easy things up(The recent helmet texture issue). Most games' beta tests use more players than what crpg has.

Latest dev feedback has been way better than before so steps are being made in that direction and I appreciate that allot, just hope the trend continues, it did take 2 years for patchnotes. Some issues still remain ignored like the EU4 one, one post would suffice.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 01:07:04 am »
+4
December 2010

"December 2010" comment just makes me lol.

We're no strangers to cRPG
You know the rules and so do I

(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 08:22:32 am »
gieb meh looms!

Offline Dermik

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • DEFENDING_THE_STAIRS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Defending_the_stairs,Conqueror_litchin,Fagssassin
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 11:43:15 pm »
I am pro aby retarded. But what is That "roll" am i kissing some combat mechanic D:?!

AKA : DEFENDING_THE_STAIRS

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 12:18:27 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)
Would still be nice to get some answers, paul :(
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 12:24:22 am »
Ah yes about rolls, if I rebind my keys do I have press aa or dd or do I press the rebound one?
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 12:40:20 am »
+1
@Jarlek that is why double tap inputs just confuse me.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 08:26:48 am »
+6
-dunno, prolly window ends when one hits the ground
-the window is both clientside and then serverside iirc, with a wider one serverside but really bad ping would still prevent it I guess
-no, I think
-holding defend or attack prevents the roll, you have to release them; it's a remainder form the other dodge stuff but i'll leave it in; other keys shouldn't matter
-I think you have to send two game_key_clicked events within a time frame(200ms, client side, so ping independent) to trigger dodge and in this case roll; actually I dunno if that is just a 1->0 or fully fledged 0->1, 1->0 event; I might test it one day; so yes, when holding a or d you still have to double click it afaik; what about it
-I think it works on natural knockdown from horses and weapon,  doesn't work on nudge kds because I made it a custom anim, I might as well include it too though
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:34:40 am by Paul »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 01:35:52 pm »
So some simple questions about rolls:
  • When exactly is the 5%-45% of animation visually? (i.e. 45% in is when your body hits the ground)
  • How does ping affect that 5%-45% animation part thingie? Will 300+ ping (for example) mean there's no way you can hit it fast enough (reflexively and not pre-emptive)
  • If I press any other button (rmb, lmb, space, etc) between being knocked down and double tapping, does it cancel the roll?
  • What if I'm already holding that other button as I get knocked down? (say, I'm holding an attack/block as I get knocked down from behind)
  • What if I'm holding a or d when I get knocked down. Does that mean I just have to release than tap it again, or release then double tap? What about the 5% anim progress?
  • Which knockdowns can I roll from and which can I not? I've tested it a bit and you can't roll from nudge knockdowns, but you can from chamberkick knockdowns.

-dunno, prolly window ends when one hits the ground
-the window is both clientside and then serverside iirc, with a wider one serverside but really bad ping would still prevent it I guess
-no, I think
-holding defend or attack prevents the roll, you have to release them; it's a remainder form the other dodge stuff but i'll leave it in; other keys shouldn't matter
-I think you have to send two game_key_clicked events within a time frame(200ms, client side, so ping independent) to trigger dodge and in this case roll; actually I dunno if that is just a 1->0 or fully fledged 0->1, 1->0 event; I might test it one day; so yes, when holding a or d you still have to double click it afaik; what about it
-I think it works on natural knockdown from horses and weapon,  doesn't work on nudge kds because I made it a custom anim, I might as well include it too though

yw

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 02:53:39 pm »
Bleh bleh bleh

Why you here boi? Ingame you whine, here you whine, everywhere whine.

Get your tip sucked by a woman/man/dog and smoke a fattie and stfu for a bit honey, were all tired.
I don't know enough