Author Topic: Is this some kind of a bad joke??  (Read 4216 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this some kind of a bad joke??
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »
+3
Except Paul is the guy who actually does respond to whatever threads and gives actual information?

You really would prefer either no reply or a canned, "official", yet terribly uninformative reply at rare circumstances?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 05:08:58 pm »
Except Paul is the guy who actually does respond to whatever threads and gives actual information?

You really would prefer either no reply or a canned, "official", yet terribly uninformative reply at rare circumstances?

I appreciate the work put in and the feedback when it arrives (like it did after the "get better" one), but there is no need for those type of comments really.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 05:13:18 pm »
Fair enough!

I`ll get back to my usual 2h whining  :twisted:
Don't forget about archers  :mrgreen:
Archer forever :D

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 05:30:59 pm »

Too bad that's a false dilemma fallacy and there's a lot of middle ground.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 05:32:35 pm »
+2
oh god, you do free work for the community, and that makes you a nice guy

but as for your forum responses, good god you're an arsehole!

if you're ever wanting to go professional change your attitude my boy!

Or maybe you fail to sense the humour...

Maybe a regional issue? But I'm not sure it is really that typical green german, seems rather british black to me.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 05:50:36 pm »
+8
It gets a bit boring ya know, we all get that Paul is such a cool can't be bothered talking to retards type of guy no need to prove it over and over in every post.

p.s. Tydeus no need to be upset, I actually consider you a breath of fresh air and respect the way you communicate with the community, but the years of cmp's and Paul's posts have scarred me  :mrgreen: and it's the first thing that comes to mind when dev feedback is mentioned (sadly)
I gave you a -1 not because I was offended or upset, but because I disagree with the tone you assumed was being used in that two word response.
Or maybe you fail to sense the humour...
This, as with all of the devs' posts. No reason to get offended so easily over two words, especially when it's clear that Urist jokes a lot. Just because you don't understand someone's sense of humor, doesn't necessarily mean it's "wrong". Had he said "You're shit at this game, stop being a whiney little bitch and start practicing more" I'd have -1'd him instead of you; that wasn't what he said because that's not the message that was trying to be portrayed in the post. I believe Understanding is indeed itself a virtue, we should always at least make the attempt.

Edit: I don't mean to lecture, but this stuff comes up a fair bit and you did mention me. :D
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 06:16:48 pm »
If devs don't kneel before community, we hate them. "get good" - outrage! We got offended!  :rolleyes: Which ofc doesn't stop us from whining and saying everything what they do is shit.

oh god, you do free work for the community, and that makes you a nice guy

but as for your forum responses, good god you're an arsehole!

Everything is relative. From my perspective, when I see post like this, you're an arsehole and Paul seems to be a reasonable guy.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:21:28 pm by Falka »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 06:35:52 pm »
+5

Well i didnt get any information on what i asked. And afaik there has not been any info on rolling except that you do it during knockdown. Is there any timing involved or just be fast on the buttons and holding other buttons at the same time as pressing a or d will make the roll not work. Guess ill just get better at the game that way stuff will work like it should.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 08:02:57 pm »
+1
I gave you a -1 not because I was offended or upset, but because I disagree with the tone you assumed was being used in that two word response.This, as with all of the devs' posts. No reason to get offended so easily over two words, especially when it's clear that Urist jokes a lot. Just because you don't understand someone's sense of humor, doesn't necessarily mean it's "wrong". Had he said "You're shit at this game, stop being a whiney little bitch and start practicing more" I'd have -1'd him instead of you; that wasn't what he said because that's not the message that was trying to be portrayed in the post. I believe Understanding is indeed itself a virtue, we should always at least make the attempt.

Edit: I don't mean to lecture, but this stuff comes up a fair bit and you did mention me. :D

bold: No problem, all good.

I don't mind trolls and love to troll myslef. My concern is people here (including me) got used to devs/admins trolling and them trolling back, even remember some cases where players were insulted back, that is a big nono in the professional world, this is a small communty so I can understand it to some point but would still like to see a more levelheaded approach for future projects sake. Your attitude as a dev is what people expect and like, Pauls isn't, he might be the funniest guy in the world but comes off a bit different...

Take a look at recent problems with Warband and how devs handled it on TW forums, some posts from the community were really awfull, not one single rage reply or "it's gonna be fixed when it's fixed" they replied to insults with apologies and defused the situation inna heartbeat, that's how it should be done not add fuel to the fire.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 08:10:21 pm »
+2
Why would anyone give a shit about the form of dev's feedback instead of the content?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 08:22:58 pm »
+1
Why would anyone give a shit about the form of dev's feedback instead of the content?

cuz

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 08:30:38 pm »
+1
This, as with all of the devs' posts. No reason to get offended so easily over two words, especially when it's clear that Urist jokes a lot. Just because you don't understand someone's sense of humor, doesn't necessarily mean it's "wrong". Had he said "You're shit at this game, stop being a whiney little bitch and start practicing more" I'd have -1'd him instead of you; that wasn't what he said because that's not the message that was trying to be portrayed in the post. I believe Understanding is indeed itself a virtue, we should always at least make the attempt.

Maybe I do not have the same experience with Urist as yours, but there's no way in hell I would assume that was a joke, or that he ever makes any joke for that matter.

In other words, his sarcasms are extremely obscure because he frequently expresses opinions I would otherwise consider sarcastic.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 08:33:05 pm »
+2
Take a look at recent problems with Warband and how devs handled it on TW forums, some posts from the community were really awfull, not one single rage reply or "it's gonna be fixed when it's fixed" they replied to insults with apologies and defused the situation inna heartbeat, that's how it should be done not add fuel to the fire.

Haha no TW style responses pls.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 08:35:04 pm »
Haha no TW style responses pls.

Well no not so generic but you get the idea. Still certanly better than "when it's done"

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 08:45:55 pm »
Well no not so generic but you get the idea. Still certanly better than "when it's done"
Don't know about you but TW dev responses almost make me rage sometimes. Never such a thing happened here really.

There is no sight in my third eye