Author Topic: MOTHERFUCKING MURDERTRON MONDAY MASSACRE MAYHEM MANIA:CALLING ALL DONKEY KNIGHTS  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
+1
donkey, heavy lance, rondel
armour as usual
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
+1
Heavy lances with rondel s on donkey back.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
+3
Eww heavy lances on the slowest mounts in game vs heavy armor, that must have been glance city
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Real_Dece_Guy

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Viceroy_Axeman_of_Acre
+5
Eww heavy lances on the slowest mounts in game vs heavy armor, that must have been glance city

This is why most people got off their donkeys and started shanking with the rondels, or just piking with the heavy lances.

It wasn't not fun, but also not the best event we've ever had.  XP was quite a bit lower than usual (I only made 18).  Arbs seem to be the key to good XP.
His Excellency Viceroy for Life, Field Marshal Al chadzi Doctor Idi Axemin, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of all the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the Free Company Empire in Calradia in General and the Tundra in Particular.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
+1
I don't know I found it was still easy to get lance kills from the donkeys the only problem was finding a runway you could speed your donkey up on. Pretty much abandoned donkeys everywhere not to mention the forward spawns were completely surrounded. Still a hilarious fight.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
armour was -2 so it worked well i guess, i got polearm wpf myself so it was a bit easier for me
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Not every battle will be arbalests.  They are expensive, and sometimes I like to try new things.

That said, we obviously need troops still, a castle or city would be damn nice, and we will take arbalest donations in any condition as long as they are in fairly large stacks.  So if you see me moving around warzones, I'm picking up arbalest donations, not reinforcing or privateering.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
I think the key to high xp is tons of murder-death-kill.  I'm no expert though. 

I would suggest using maybe morningstars, or long bardiches.  Cheaper options might be long voulge, battle axe/war axe, or maybe even something like fighting pick or spiked club for 1hs.

It's not my call though.  I'm just glad to come along on this crazy ride. :)

just dropped 171 troops btw.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
I would suggest using maybe morningstars, or long bardiches.  Cheaper options might be long voulge, battle axe/war axe, or maybe even something like fighting pick or spiked club for 1hs.

But that's like every battle ever.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
But that's like every battle ever.

Oh I see what you mean.  Morninstars and bardiches are in most other strat battles, but I never see those cheaper weapons.  I like the war axe.  It looks goofy as hell and no one ever uses it.

If this can be used on the back of a swaybacked-donkey -- even better!

I think if donkey's are used again, there should be no dismounting and no spawn raping.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
+2
Its hard to find a good balance of having a fun set of equipment without giving anyone a huge staggering advantage.  In all reality, 2H are probably the last players I want to give an advantage too.  It's impossible to give archers an advantage, without providing bows.  But then its a guessing game for me on how many archers will show up, and how many bows will be used.  I think the majority of the battles will be arbalest(s)+something else.  This gives everyone a chance to get some kills, especially those without any PS, while providing a ton of EXP because arbs are expensive.  It also doesn't give crossbowmen too much of an advantage, because they can't reload afterwards.

Also, someone will always be unhappy, because this is CRPG and everyone loves to complain!

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
+1
If you spawn with a arb on horse/donkeyback you can shoot it, only once. I recommend we spawn with 2 arbs and a rondel on donkeys... tons of fun.. tons of exp.. donkeys. donkeys everywhere.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Really fun and unique event. Sure the XP was lower than the other events, but that battle produced some truly great moments. The initial donkey knight lineup and charge made me wet. Thanks MURDERTRON and MURDERTRON supporters.

A couple foggy screenshots:

▲ ▲

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+4
In order to gain entry to this truly amazing battle, you meet a few requirements:
1.  Have 14 strength and show your stats in the application.  In order to wear all the armor and use all the weapons, you must have 14 strength.
Lies! I had 15 str & what did I get? Barbiesized helmet! :evil:
(click to show/hide)
At least my iron mustage looks cool 8-)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Heavy armoured donkey battles call for morningstars if you ask me.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?