Author Topic: New DTV map sucks  (Read 13096 times)

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
Re: New DTV map sucks
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 12:31:04 am »
Giving my opinion on these forums is never something I have been fond of, but in this case, I feel it is necessary.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I hate the new DTV. The only reason I played it before was for the familiar community of DTV heroes and having to actually fight. NOT vertically swing between two shields or easily take down 2-3 enemies with a ballista. All of the XP and gold has attracted the worst part of the community and it is now filled with power gamers. I know from first hand experience. I have a friend, who shall remain anonymous, barely even touched DTV before this. Now he won't shut up about the fucking game even at school. He plays games to level up and be the best (power gamer), so no wonder why he loves this XP grind that some of you call a game.

I used to hop on cRPG daily and play DTV for an hour or two, and have played it for over 3 years. However, ever since the patch that brought these invisible funnels, shieldwalls every game, and a server full of power gamers, I fear I have lost taste for cRPG entirely. You have hurt not only me, but many others who loved this server for what it once was.

Good day.

Totally this.

New DTV purely exists for the maps that give massive XP and money. I have made more money in new DTV since I don't know when... and yet, it lacks all the fun, and as you say Dalfador, camaraderie of old DTV. New DTV has attracted a different type of player. I find myself on Siege and Battle (god, I never thought that would happen) instead now. And only pop in to DTV to farm map Blank11.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 02:32:59 am »
+2
Well I love it.  Call me a bundle of sticks, I don't care, I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the new DTV.  The old DTV consisted of using map bugs to grind xp on the rare but extremely easy maps.  This one actually requires a LITTLE bit of teamwork to actually succeed. So yeah, fuck that.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 03:11:27 am »
+1
Well I love it.  Call me a bundle of sticks, I don't care, I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the new DTV.  The old DTV consisted of using map bugs to grind xp on the rare but extremely easy maps.  This one actually requires a LITTLE bit of teamwork lot of shielders to actually succeed. So yeah, fuck that.

Fixed.

Winning maps still involves a) boring ass shieldwalls, or b) exploits. Or else you die to the french ladies every time.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 05:32:11 am »

tl;dr HRE apparently doesn't know how to have fun, and simply made themselves a game mode to make their grind easier.

Not only that, but that tard Fips even got his own character in a DTV wave. What the **** this isn't justice this is bullshit, he both aids in ruining DTV and gets his own ass in a DTV wave.

Well I love it.  Call me a bundle of sticks, I don't care, I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the new DTV.  The old DTV consisted of using map bugs to grind xp on the rare but extremely easy maps.  This one actually requires a LITTLE bit of teamwork to actually succeed. So yeah, fuck that.

I could write out a long, well-reasoned, fair, all-encompassing, indisputable contradiction to what you just said, but I'm not going to.

Instead I'll just say fuck you.

And Fips' aim was to improve the DTV community and make maps not exploitable. Well look at what you've done Fips. You've only changed the way the maps are exploited. And as if it were a hellish cherry on top your ilk have removed the fun maps which required REAL COHESION like Rizi and Old Istiniar, not simply hiding behind 2 goddamn shielders while the rest of us LEECH. 

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 06:13:49 am »
Oh wow.  :P

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 06:22:05 am »
+3

And Fips' aim was to improve the DTV community and make maps not exploitable. Well look at what you've done Fips. You've only changed the way the maps are exploited. And as if it were a hellish cherry on top your ilk have removed the fun maps which required REAL COHESION like Rizi and Old Istiniar, not simply hiding behind 2 goddamn shielders while the rest of us LEECH.

And how is hiding behind shields exploiting?  You're using a tactic that's been used for THOUSANDS of years, sure it's quite odd that there's no way for the AI to push them back, but still it's somewhat realistic other than just walking backwards and swinging up.  That's not skill, that's somewhat from your own definition exploiting.  I for one prefer the arcade-ish feel of the game. To be blunt, you seem to be taking this way too seriously and won't let anyone voice their opinion other than the ones that support your own, you projecting asshole.  If you're so angry about how it's changed, why don't you make a fucking poll about it, instead of attacking one's views on an innovative update.  You're not the only fucking person on this planet you know.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 12:13:06 pm »
+3
Yeah but Kirby he's TheTeutonicPaladin, Righteous Defender of the Crossdressing Virgin, Self Proclaimed DTV LEGEND. Im pretty sure this guy knows what hes talking about.

In all seriousness I like the new DTV to some aspect, but would like to see some of the older maps in the rotation as well, it wouldnt be a bad thing to have some of the old with the new.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »
+1
FYI, it was Shiks idea to add Fips as a boss, not his own invention.
Shik - bots and stats
Fips - maps
While yeah, its all bad and bleh, I still love to see the Sea Raid map back again, even if retardedly closed from all sides. Always some sort of handicapped nostalgy :cry:
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 05:13:02 pm »
You can tell that this is a pretty serious issue when I find myself agreeing with Teuts and disagreeing with those that disagree with him.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 09:27:24 pm »
Yeah but Kirby he's TheTeutonicPaladin, Righteous Defender of the Crossdressing Virgin, Self Proclaimed DTV LEGEND. Im pretty sure this guy knows what hes talking about.

In all seriousness I like the new DTV to some aspect, but would like to see some of the older maps in the rotation as well, it wouldnt be a bad thing to have some of the old with the new.

Variety is the spice of life.

Offline defodijabox

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ball so hard that shit crazy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta
  • Game nicks: Malta_Defodijabox_AKC, Some_Weirdo
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 11:32:14 pm »
not simply hiding behind 2 goddamn shielders while the rest of us LEECH.

Yeah because 20 dead people watching 2 pikers slowly kill all the bots from the other side of the fence was so much better. Yep, none of the dead people were leeching there, and that totally wasn't abuse either. Bring back the old DTV!!!! No abuse there ever!!

Fixed.

Winning maps still involves a) boring ass shieldwalls, or b) exploits. Or else you die to the french ladies every time.

New DTV does take a bit of teamwork, there's always that retard that backs up and gets everyone killed, so the whole team has to be on board with actually doing the sheildwall. Old DTV all it took was 1 guy with a pike on the other side of a fence
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:35:31 pm by defodijabox »
No sense in nonsense when the heat is hot

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 11:51:58 pm »
+1
You can tell that this is a pretty serious issue when I find myself agreeing with Teuts and disagreeing with those that disagree with him.

Jona, the only use that HoC ever had out of DTV was recruiting noobs.  Stop finding away to interject yourself against me in all threads and get some friends.

I've barely seen you ever go on there, and to be quite honest all you do on here is -1 me on all my posts that you have no correlation with.  If you're going to agree with Paladin, atleast put SOME effort in proving that you actually give a shit.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 12:19:36 am »
+1
Jona, the only use that HoC ever had out of DTV was recruiting noobs.  Stop finding away to interject yourself against me in all threads and get some friends.

I've barely seen you ever go on there, and to be quite honest all you do on here is -1 me on all my posts that you have no correlation with.  If you're going to agree with Paladin, atleast put SOME effort in proving that you actually give a shit.

Actually Jona went on there quite abit, and in the past year or so I've been playing it with him you know how many people he recruited from there? 2. You know who they were? Gallonigher and Plumbo. But now since he transitioned more towards siege, and the fact that he hates the new DTV is the reason why he rarely comes on. And in all honesty from the way it looks your interjecting yourself against Jona. But thats from an outside opinion, and not from the internal IhateallHoCSpergLordz Point of View.

Back to the original topic.

Fuck the new DTV back with the old.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 12:28:24 am »
+1
Honestly believe what you will, I really don't care.  I'm just pointing out the bullshit amongst the real ideas and perceptions.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 12:55:08 am »
Actually Jona went on there quite abit, and in the past year or so I've been playing it with him you know how many people he recruited from there? 2. You know who they were? Gallonigher and Plumbo. ...

Fuck the new DTV back with the old.

I miss the old DTV crowd.