Author Topic: New DTV map sucks  (Read 13102 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: New DTV map sucks
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 05:54:08 am »
The Helms Deep map needs to go, bots behave idiotically, inconvenient mapdesign (made even worse by the invisible walls on the ladders not allowing you to walk down from the walls) wastes massive amounts of time forcing players to waltz around the entire map because a single stray bot is being annoying, cavalry waves are completely broken as they can't get up the ladders, finally to make the map even worse smoke and fire is stacked everywhere leading to horrible fps. The map with the openable gate that's also a siege map needs either the gate removed or the map, gate is abusable to get bots easily stuck and have another player attack them from behind.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 02:36:04 pm »
Jona, the only use that HoC ever had out of DTV was recruiting noobs.  Stop finding away to interject yourself against me in all threads and get some friends.

I've barely seen you ever go on there, and to be quite honest all you do on here is -1 me on all my posts that you have no correlation with.  If you're going to agree with Paladin, atleast put SOME effort in proving that you actually give a shit.

You're literally retarded. I used to be your average dtv hero. Want to know why you don't see me, or much of the old crowd nowadays? Hmmm.... maybe because, as we have all come here to say, IT SUCKS. Just because it caters to power grinders like yourself doesn't mean that it is a fun game mode. Was the old mode non-exploitable? Hell no. Is the new one non-exploitable? Hell no. Was the old one fun? Yes. Is the new one? No. Did the old one give excellent xp? Meh... it was so so. Does the new one? Yes. Hence, all those tryhards come from Na_1 and other servers just to power level.

I miss the old DTV crowd.

I'm right there with yah buddy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 09:06:00 pm »
+8
Just some infos on what the next update brings:
- 80% of the invisible walls are now visible with fences or walls or whatever. Looks pretty stupid on most maps but whatever, too many people complained about it (I still think that they were not as bad as described by most guys, i got used to the placement pretty quickly). Only some walls behind the bot spawn stayed invisible.
- means i updated basically any map which is in the rotation now, removed bugged spots like the walls on the ladders at helms deep, moved spawns so noone should get stuck and made some maps more open, AI meshes n stuff

I did some other things that will be necessary before i start adding other maps to the cycle. There are some issues considering the scene editing now and i need to know if i fixed them or not, but i need an almost full server for that, so no way i can test that right now.

Meaning after the next hotfix i'll get together with Shik and we're gonna talk about what to do with the bots/maps. Because just simply putting some more open maps won't be happening, there also have to be more adjustments to the bots.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 12:56:26 am »
Just some infos on what the next update brings:
- 80% of the invisible walls are now visible with fences or walls or whatever. Looks pretty stupid on most maps but whatever, too many people complained about it (I still think that they were not as bad as described by most guys, i got used to the placement pretty quickly). Only some walls behind the bot spawn stayed invisible.
- means i updated basically any map which is in the rotation now, removed bugged spots like the walls on the ladders at helms deep, moved spawns so noone should get stuck and made some maps more open, AI meshes n stuff

Thank you for listening and acting on feedback.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Mikhail_Fe

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • “In Hoc Signo Vinces”
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: [Ärn] Arn_de_Gothia
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 11:43:04 pm »
Yes. They suck.
Arn, the son of a high-ranking Swedish nobleman, educated in a monastery, and sent to the Holy Land as a knight templar to do penance for a forbidden love.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 06:28:27 am »
Before there were 2 maps where people actually made a shieldwall. In both cases, the bots managed to break that wall easily by walking around a building etc...

I liked istiniar and yaragar for the xp grind, but LOVED the shieldwall maps because you actually were playing as a team.
Thanks for adding these new maps Fips, there are still absolute shit maps but a lot of them are very fun already.

The new Istiniar for example is an awesome example of how it should be done.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2013, 07:02:49 am »
+1
Fips, i gotta share my view. Aside from the fact that i like trolling you about your maps (as most of us do) ill try to be objective here.

I understand all the reason for DTV rework - more team work, less grind and less leeching.
At this moment i find myself mostly useless because most of the maps dont support ranged (or most i have played). You should really add higher platforms or some kind of towers that bots can access. I dont play DTV anymore because most of the time i have to either nudge/punch ppl to pass time or to draw my pathetic sword which i am not proficient with. Even if there are some spots for ranged we need to "fight" for it...

Please add some range towers/platforms that we can actually use and be of help. I often th for the lolz just so i can trick myself im doing something...
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2013, 07:19:31 am »
... i find myself mostly useless...

But that's gonna happen reguardles of map or gamemode.
I don't know enough

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 09:08:13 am »
But that's gonna happen reguardles of map or gamemode.
I like to pretend i am contributing. You dont have to crush my dreams in public... send a pm or something so i can cry under the cold shower and sob in peace...
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 11:38:49 am »
+2
I understand all the reason for DTV rework - more team work, less grind and less leeching.

.... Bwahahaha!! Less grind, less leaching?? Moar grind and moar leaching.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 05:04:36 pm »
+2
In the new Istiniar, bots can get stuck in an unreachable place at the new corridor near spawn and won't come out.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 06:02:22 pm »
+3
Just thought I would drop this little tidbit in here:

I was actively playing DTV the other day... siege and battle were too annoying at the moment, and I figured I would try some DTV again, since it used to be my bored-of-all-other-servers retreat. I showed up and saw and old friend, who only plays DTV. So I decided to not go super tryhard, and sat behind the shieldwall catching up with him. We both killed any bots that got past the shieldwall. Sure, we could have spoken elsewhere, but hey, we weren't leeching, and no one even once complained of our chatter. Some even chimed in from time to time, and it was a nice laidback time.

Then, along comes some badmin, who tells us that we are not actively participating and are simply leeching. I tell him, as he can clearly see, we are both actively typing in chat, proving that we are here and not afk. Not only that, but we both had a decent amount of kills... my pal had 60-70, I only had 30-40 since I had only shown up a round or two prior (besides, 30 and 60 are both a decent amount for picking off the few that make it past the wall of doom). I then proceeded to tell him that with the new maps there simply isn't enough room for all 22ish people who were in the server to be in a shieldwall that is only 4-5 men wide. Also I mentioned that in the old DTV and the new, camping the V is a valid tactic... you could never count on the advanced party to kill everyone, and need to prevent the ninja bots from doing their thing. Nevertheless, he waits until the end of the round to kick us both, just 30 seconds before the tick came along.

If this had been the old DTV, I would have been actively charging, S key-heroing and racking up them kills. Just because I wasn't sitting in the shieldwall doesn't mean I am not participating. Since this my old friendmin decided to stick around for a while, my buddy and I decided to yolo charge at the beginning of each round, kill maybe 3 bots, and then just talk in dead chat. Apparently this satisfied the admin, when in fact it was far more detrimental to the team. The fact that there are only 2 acceptable playstyles: sit in a shieldwall constantly overheading or suicide charge, is just disgusting.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 06:12:32 pm »
It should be noted, that this admin (who I shall keep anonymous to prevent further butthurt) is severely biased against me due to my clan. He singled me out from the 3 - 4 ACTUAL LEECHERS, noticed me talking with my friend, and decided to drag him down with me. So, there is that to keep in mind I suppose. :/ 
Keeping the admin anonymous means you dislike the shieldwall-or-charge dilemma, but don't actually complain about the admin?
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 06:14:14 pm »
+1
So now you blame the maps for some admin making a poor decision?
Just stop it. Take this to his/her admin feedback, because this is not the place to discuss such a topic.

@Patoson: Will fix that, hope ranged can shoot the bot there.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 06:55:43 pm »
+1
Keeping the admin anonymous means you dislike the shieldwall-or-charge dilemma, but don't actually complain about the admin?

So now you blame the maps for some admin making a poor decision?
Just stop it. Take this to his/her admin feedback, because this is not the place to discuss such a topic.

@Patoson: Will fix that, hope ranged can shoot the bot there.

I would take it to the admin's thread, but nothing is gonna happen since all these admins jerk each other off in their spare time and wouldn't ever act on something like this. It's smoothrich all over again. You guys might be different, but in NA we've got a problem with admins being douches and not getting their powers stripped away.

And it IS relevant to this thread because it is the map's fault that I was forced to do nothing but talk in order to participate. You can't argue that your maps give 70% of the server nothing to do half the time. Thats just how it is when you've got an impenetrable shieldwall and then a bunch of non shielders twiddling their thumbs. Point is, if this was the old DTV this would be a non-issue. But since it's the new DTV the admin was able to abuse his powers and kick us for "leeching." The old DTV didn't force this "playstyle" upon us.