Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
market
« on: May 14, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »
just a thought but i thought it'd be cool if every day or so there were 5-10 heirlooms put in that cost gold, random heirlooms, randomly generated. Cause lets face it chances are you'll never find the odd heirlooms only the tools, like great swords and crossbows. This way people would check every day to see if the item they are looking for was there. Example one day there is a champion sumpter horse and a balance war spear etc, items people often don't have(though i know some one has the sumpter) or even the average ones like long swords, they don't all have to be lordly and master work

just a thought
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
Re: market
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 06:43:25 pm »
I think buying hierlooms for gold is just generally a bad idea. But if it ever comes to where you can buy the hierlooms: this wouldnt be a bad idea.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 06:44:17 pm »
I think buying hierlooms for gold is just generally a bad idea. But if it ever comes to where you can buy the hierlooms: this wouldnt be a bad idea.

Would you so kindly elaborate, you are contradicting yourself at a glance.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 06:52:40 pm »
The marketplace is fucking stupid. It should be tightly moderated or taken down. I just browsed through it and the stuff people are posting there is complete fucking spam. Let's sell a straw hat for a masterwork sword and 200000 gold, while we are at it, let's trade a masterwork warbow for a masterwork longbow and 200000 gold.

I just want to say to anyone who is making this type of requests, go fuck yourself.

THe devs put in a useful and interesting mechanisim and already the stupid fucking  10 year olds and the gold farming chinese or russians or whatever other soulless blood sucker who would try and trick someone out of their gold or items are exploiting it.

In my opinion anyone who makes completely outlandish, useless, spam-like requests in the marketplace should be removed from the marketplace.

I would also support the idea of having the marketplace for donators only, because it is obvious that most of you should not be allowed to use it.

And yeah, I mad.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »
The marketplace is fucking stupid. It should be tightly moderated or taken down. I just browsed through it and the stuff people are posting there is complete fucking spam. Let's sell a straw hat for a masterwork sword and 200000 gold, while we are at it, let's trade a masterwork warbow for a masterwork longbow and 200000 gold.

I just want to say to anyone who is making this type of requests, go fuck yourself.

THe devs put in a useful and interesting mechanisim and already the stupid fucking  10 year olds and the gold farming chinese or russians or whatever other soulless blood sucker who would try and trick someone out of their gold or items are exploiting it.

In my opinion anyone who makes completely outlandish, useless, spam-like requests in the marketplace should be removed from the marketplace.

I would also support the idea of having the marketplace for donators only, because it is obvious that most of you should not be allowed to use it.

And yeah, I mad.

We do need moderators for the market place to remove obvious bad offers. Slogging through a few dozen things to find that only a dozen of them were reasonable was rather irritating.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 06:59:54 pm »
Actually, the market idea is very discriminating against those that aren't in clans.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 07:03:47 pm »
Actually, the market idea is very discriminating against those that aren't in clans.
Thinking that already?
just wait till people figure out what the mysterious text does...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 07:06:54 pm »

How so, I am rather curious how you came to this conclusion.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 07:08:00 pm »

That was my thought too.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 07:10:28 pm »
+1
Yeah, the BS offers are very annoying. Lame people sells stones for 100k gold, man I hope your stones will land inside your ass.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 07:10:49 pm »
If you had a little time limit for the sell/trade offers, and make every failed sell/trade just disapear, then i guess we wouldn't see such stupid offers.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 07:12:27 pm »
Simplest solution is to charge people 20% of the item value (minimum of 1,000) for every offer.

Not sure if that would work out properly though...

Offline Cellex

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cellex
  • IRC nick: Cellex
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 07:23:39 pm »
Thinking that already?
just wait till people figure out what the mysterious text does...

Where is it and what does it do?  :o

Offline crojosip

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • *insert random quote here*
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crojo
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 07:36:15 pm »
I think he is reffering to the ingame text that sometimes appears

All thine work has payeth off. Forgot the rest.

Offline verinen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Verinen
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 07:40:35 pm »
Yeah, the BS offers are very annoying. Lame people sells stones for 100k gold, man I hope your stones will land inside your ass.

Ehm, this is the method to give someone (for example your clanbuddy) gold.