Poll

Make a mounted ranged rule for last player?

"When mounted ranged as last player, you must bump shoot the enemy"
"When mounted ranged as last player and no ranged exist on enemy team, you must bump shoot"
Leave things as they are

Author Topic: Mounted ranged  (Read 866 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Mounted ranged
« on: November 03, 2013, 11:43:06 pm »
It is my opinion that if the last player is a mounted ranged that a rule should exist that says "When last player is a mounted ranged, you must bump shoot with your horse where possible"
I am undecided whether or not a caveat should be added of "Last player is a mounted ranged and the enemy team has no ranged" or not.

Clearly, if the enemy is gathered inside a hut or barn or on a hillside, bump shooting is not possible. That means the enemy team would need to come out into the open for this rule to be in effect.

This would prevent endless circle shooting and give both combatants an even chance.

If ranged stun were to ever be removed, this rule would no longer apply as it would be a suicide charge rule at that point.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: Mounted ranged
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 11:52:47 pm »
+2
The rule might have some sort of merit, but even if implemented, it would not be feasible to enforce it most of the time, rendering it useless...
I think that flags coming up are good enough for the issue, as it forces people to get to that area and finishes the game soon enough.

Offline Ellie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • It's a traaaaaap
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DLB
  • Game nicks: DLB_Ellie, Ellietrap, Ellie_Rocks_Your_World
  • IRC nick: Ellietrap
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 03:24:35 am »
+3
IF something like this is implemented,I think it should only apply if the mounted ranged is vastly outnumbered. If there's only like 2-3 people left on the enemy team the mounted range should not be forced, as they could easily win without delaying too terribly and losing anyways.

But, the flags server the purpose well enough. They can't delay forever once the flags are out, and if they do, they're pretty much throwing it for their team.
Nerf everything. Buff naked fist fights.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 03:51:05 am »
+3
I agree with the talk about the flags. The limiter on how soon flags can appear should be changed or removed, though.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:01:09 am »
yes because popping flags in an open field would solve the HA last man issue, that damn near never works as they just kill the poor bastard standing in an open field attempting to get the flags.

Offline Ellie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • It's a traaaaaap
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DLB
  • Game nicks: DLB_Ellie, Ellietrap, Ellie_Rocks_Your_World
  • IRC nick: Ellietrap
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:14 am »
+1
yes because popping flags in an open field would solve the HA last man issue, that damn near never works as they just kill the poor bastard standing in an open field attempting to get the flags.

Only applies in very small situations, like 1v1 or 1v2. Not like the ones we regularly see mokuchin in, of 1 horse archer vs 13 infantry, lol.
Nerf everything. Buff naked fist fights.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 05:30:39 am »
+1
From my understanding, the current rule is that you can use your quiver of arrows until you run out, then you are forced to find a weapon and not pick up anymore ammo. That is what I have been enforcing at least.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 05:57:38 am »
+1
If last alive as mounted ranged, throw yourself at the mercy of your opponents and beg for their forgiveness.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 06:43:28 am »
+2

A similar thing happens with any ranged class when few players are left. I don't think horse ranged should be the exception just because they excel a bit more in that situation, being more mobile with the added ability to bump. Unlike regular ranged, if there is only cav left, flags automatically come up as long as a certain amount of time has passed. I think that timer should be removed.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 07:16:32 am »
+1
Perhaps we should leave it as it is, let flags do their job, and relegate the playing of a niche class (which is really ever even close to being a large number of the players on a server when there's only 12 people on) to those playing it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 07:55:45 am »
+2
I have a better idea.

We implement a simple formula... If a team has only horseranged players left and they are out numbered 4 to 1 or worse... then the horseranged are struck by lightning.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:32 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)
You know I do it already  :wink:

I don't think the flags are doing their job. It has been mentioned before that MOTF really needs some improvement, but nothing has been done to address the issue we have. If they were to make some changes, great. We wouldn't need this. Without being able to touch the code however, this is the best we peons can do to address mounted ranged dragging out rounds pewpewing.
I could see only enforcing at odds of 4-1 or greater.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 10:51:32 am »
The rule should be that if you are the last horse ranged alive against 10 or 15 people you have to dismount. Would make things so much simpler
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 11:16:49 am »
+3
Flags spawn when at 3:30 if there is only horse ranged left, which is a long time. Mostly rounds effectively end before even reaching 4:30, with one team emerging victorious and just having to chase down a few scattered survivors. Which means that a horse archer usually has like a full minute until the flag pops up, then people have to move to the flag and then they have to raise it. All in all this usually allows horse ranged to delay for 2 minutes at least while the fighting part of the round lasted like 2-3 minutes. That is way too much in my opinion.

I always go for flags immediately simply to not give the horse archer the satisfaction of being chased, let him be a delaying shithead and demonstrate how futile his delaying is when he loses by flags, but not everyone does. People usually ignore flags because they want to get the lucky kill, which only allows delaying by horse archers to be viable for valour attempts. Flags are slow and ineffective.

I am all for desperate solutions as making horse ranged missiles do 0 damage when facing more than 6 opponents similar to what the Mercenaries mod had. They can play their class when everybody is else is able to play theirs, not when they are egotripping while 60 people are watching them prolong the round by a 100%. In any case though, remove the minimal wait time for flags at 3:30 and make them pop whenever only cav is alive on one team.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 11:20:59 am »
due to the difficulty of reloading a xbow one handed while riding full speed there should be a 30% chance of fucking up and misfiring thus sending the bolt up into your face or your fingers flying off into the distance  :twisted:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk