Author Topic: Team make up  (Read 836 times)

Offline Lealo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Team make up
« on: October 31, 2013, 06:10:00 pm »
+7
Alright, so I am very happy to make my first post on this forum! (lol I have played this for 2-3 years:))

Anyway, so what do I mean with team make up? Basically I would love to see icons with information on for instance cav, archer and inf set up of your team. Then it will be more clear what potential problems your team might run into or what strength your team could use. If you have alot of archers and inf on your team, but no cav, it will appear for everyone that running in the open is not that possible for intance.

Basically I think it would have great benefits for everyone. For the guy that wants to go around and rampage on his own, for the "general" that was newly introduced and for the teamplayer. If other team is full of archers I will pick a  shield, maybe less armour so that I can run faster and chase them better, a cut weapon instead of pierce or blunt. etc. As a two hander I would be extra sneaky and careful seeing the enemy team-make up, put extra armour on (or what conlusion will you make of seeing this info?). Maybe its time to use that +2 shield skill if I have it?

Also I think especially teamwork will be more encouraged. With this heads up-information you can plan ahead before each round. This planning creates thinking, and the result is probably more teamwork, beacuse of ability to affect the outcome of your team multiplier. "This round I can see we really need som stakes!"

As I am not a modder and I dont know what is possible, I dont know if this is possible to do. Also I really dont know if anything of this already has been suggested:) What do you think?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:54:01 pm by Lealo »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Team make up
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 07:02:49 pm »
+10
Problem: there are no preset classes in cRPG and hybrids of all sorts exist.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 07:15:15 pm »
There should classes like in "mercenaries" mod. Just ask links for this.

Offline Lealo

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 08:47:47 pm »
+3
Well, cant simply players be sorted if they have cavalry skill or not. which make them "cav"-sorted.

Ranged (crossbow/archery wpf) get "archer"-sorted (if not already "cav"-sorted)

Rest goes to "inf"-sorted.

So how can hybrids present a problem to this?

I dont think you would be missguided by this. x amount in our team can use cav/are cav, y amount in our team can use ranged/are ranged, z amount is infantry than can neither use ranged or ride horses.
How many hybrids are there? Like 1/4 players? Then if you feel sorting melee/archers into archers for instance is misguiding and false, there is 3/4 that are "correct" still. Basically what would be "wrong" is that some cav might act as ranged, some archer/crossbows might be very infantry-like.

You might put throwers into ranged also. (if they have throwing wpf up to 2 times more than any melee wpf) otherwise they are sorted as infantry.

So sorting I think should be very much possible? However I no have idea how something like this works in practice, and if its possible for this sorting to be presented on a server.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 01:22:14 pm »
+2
Am I the only one that though this was a suggestion for make up to be added to the game? (facepaint / war paint and such)  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 11:14:44 pm »
+4
Am I the only one that though this was a suggestion for make up to be added to the game? (facepaint / war paint and such)  :D

We all know that this game needs blackface  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 11:33:48 pm »
The problem is that not everybody who got riding skills is using a horse. They probably just play inf aswell.

So a possible Solution would be to ask every player in the beginning not only for " Choose Team", but also for "Choose Class".
Problem: Trolls.
Bros never die!

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 11:37:38 pm »
The problem is that not everybody who got riding skills is using a horse. They probably just play inf aswell.

So a possible Solution would be to ask every player in the beginning not only for " Choose Team", but also for "Choose Class".
Problem: Trolls.

They see me trollin they hatin

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 01:46:00 am »
Wouldn't it be possible to make a "class selection" thing instead of the useless Blue Team/Red Team selector?

Have class options: Cavalry, Ranged, Melee.  Nothing specific, just basics.  Clicking one would maybe change your name colour on the scoreboard to correspond with that class colour.

I don't see why this couldn't work, it would just require some tinkering.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 01:53:30 am »
+2
Well, cant simply players be sorted if they have cavalry skill or not. which make them "cav"-sorted.

Ranged (crossbow/archery wpf) get "archer"-sorted (if not already "cav"-sorted)

Instead of skill points maybe easier would be to use items which ppl have in the inventory. If someone spawns with pony - he's cav, bow/xbow - he's ranged.

Offline Lealo

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 12:54:31 pm »
Yes, and if the team stats would be updated when equipment choice is made that would be even better! (Or the sorting searches for saved defualt items used?)

A funny conequemce though if people really would get into this, would be that they wait out the other team, so they can see what they really have. But enemy team might be doing the same and then they will sit and miss the spawntime:D Well in practice I dont think that will happen. Crpg players can never get that tricky... then I would get so suprised!

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 03:45:38 pm »
Sorting ppl with skills like riding, PT, PD an wpf for crossbows should be good.
Itcan be even better to not to know what exactly you can met on battlefield. Unknown is always adding more colors to the game  :D
Archer forever :D

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 06:54:04 pm »
If you have alot of archers and inf on your team, but no cav, it will appear for everyone that running in the open is not that possible for intance.
But wait, how is that not obvious enough even without your suggestion being implemented?

Offline Lealo

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 08:07:23 pm »
Well, just seing that stats will make everyone think about what team they are. Also you might want to plan your equipment (instead of waiting to see others random pick theirs). Also if you join in the middle of a round you might better see, and plan the next round better. You can compare your team to theirs and see the difference before picking etc
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:16:43 pm by Lealo »

Offline Lealo

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 08:25:18 pm »
Also another idea to hopfully increase planning and teamwork more, togther with this suggestion.

I dont know if that has been prupsosed, but exp and gold should be added at the end of a map. that means you are stuck with your team, same team (less autobalance), and you have to cry or try to do something about it: P

gold/xp should be added to a sort of "goldpurse" (every min as usual), and you empty your goldpurse in you "tresuary box" (it ends up on website) when map ends. If you leave in the middle of a map you loose your xp/gold gained on previous rounds. So that means you play through whole rounds, and leave when it ends. If you want to play, you will be more likely to play for atleast a map before quit!