Author Topic: Marketplace Auction: Engraving  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
Marketplace Auction: Engraving
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:33:51 am »
+11
Engraved weapons would have a unique in-game name, visible to all players.

These weapons could be predetermined and sold as-is in the same way that unique titles are, in order to follow historical precedents.
OR
The player could choose a custom engraving on their weapon of choice, which would then have to be accepted by a developer or admin.

I've had this idea for a while but the legendary items thread in general discussion finally prompted me to come forward with it. This seems like a much more reasonable way to implement unique/legendary items in cRPG.

Thoughts?
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Marketplace Auction: Engraving
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:03:27 pm »
+2
yay

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 03:17:29 pm »
+1
It would not be special if anyone could "Engrave" weapons.  Sure, a sword might be considered a higher value if a "Famous" player engraves it.  Although, what is the point?  They can sell it for more gold in the marketplace?  Do they need anymore gold?

I am not against having name for weapons or just placing your own name in it.  Although, I think it should be based around either a HUGE amount of kills or time used with the weapon.  While the auction hall idea would kill a lot of the gold in the community, it would also place more in the hands of those who own the weapon.

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »
+4
I foresee getting stabbed by the famous Cockspear and getting crushtrhoughed by the Arsehammer 2000.
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 04:59:13 pm »
+2
engraved weapons possess powers. everyone knows that.

(click to show/hide)

"The Sags tell stories about the swords, how powerfull they were. Many of the swords had personal names, sometimes that are connected to, for instance, a bear or a wolf. By giving it a name, you could also incorporate the power of your ancestor or somebody very strong into the sword"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrfing
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:31:55 pm by Sniger »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 05:31:59 pm »
I think the idea is great, just because of the fact it makes some weapons unique and special.
I'd love to engrave "Peso" in my Pitchfork :D
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 05:33:07 pm »
our Merc_Angantyr dont use it (the sword Tyrfing) anymore, now he is gay polearm ;C

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 10:11:49 pm »
amul!

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 10:15:10 pm »
Engraving

Because when you are ruining this game for newbs, you might as well look cool while doing it.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 11:28:28 pm »
I want a giant purple dildo instead of the normal texture for my weapon. Now that would be an auction I would bid millions for.

Offline Anita_Henjaab

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 02:15:40 am »
I would engrave Obi Wan into one of my weaps, and make him pay a huge amount... ;)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 05:14:03 pm »
+1
I foresee getting stabbed by the famous Cockspear and getting crushtrhoughed by the Arsehammer 2000.

In my case, it would be the Cock Crusher 8-). Good guess though.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 04:43:43 pm »
+1
It would not be special if anyone could "Engrave" weapons.  Sure, a sword might be considered a higher value if a "Famous" player engraves it.  Although, what is the point?  They can sell it for more gold in the marketplace?  Do they need anymore gold?

I am not against having name for weapons or just placing your own name in it.  Although, I think it should be based around either a HUGE amount of kills or time used with the weapon.  While the auction hall idea would kill a lot of the gold in the community, it would also place more in the hands of those who own the weapon.

legs didn't say it, not sure if he was thinking it either, but it would be auctioned off like other items.  hopefully this would take more gold out of c-rpg (another gold sink), and that these auctions would take place like every 14 days or something like that.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 06:26:37 pm »
+1
I always wanted a feature so that when some lucky bastard manages to slay me I left behind "Jona's Spamstick of DOOM." 

The question is does this auction only 'engrave' your weapon for a short period of time, i.e. 60 days like a banner auction? It would be nice if it was a permanent addition, attached to that weapon (and when sold/traded the buyer could choose to erase the engraving*). Perhaps it can only engrave +3 items? At the very least, to avoid more immature names, it would be a cool addition if it just said "[Owner]'s [Item name]". It would also be a neat little addition so that when someone is using one of the 10 nearly identical 1handers you can wander across the battlefield and find out what weapon they have been using very easily... since honestly the only time I ever stop to pick up a weapon is when I happen to run past it. I don't make a habbit of looting fresh corpses... gotta at least wait til the body is cold (and disappeared). Would also help noobs who don't have the ability to recognize weapons based on their appearance. Instead of the hundred times I've been asked by noobs "Jona what weapon are you using?" they could wander past one of my unmarked gravesites and see exactly what it was I had been using. (Sure, they could just as easily kill me and wait to see what I drop, but where is the fun in that?)

*I guess it would also make sense to allow the owner to "scratch out engraving" at any time... a permanent decision that makes them buy a new auction if they want to change the name of the weapon.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:33:32 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 07:24:44 pm »
Engraving

Because when you are ruining this game for newbs, you might as well look cool while doing it.

Yeah!

"Oh, hi guys I'm ne- what is that? Is that an item with somebody's custom name? THAT'S IT, I'M OUT OF HERE! SCREW THIS MOD! :mad:"
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.