Author Topic: Change Ranking System: Epeen Is Serious Business  (Read 974 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Change Ranking System: Epeen Is Serious Business
« on: May 13, 2011, 08:58:16 pm »
I propose that the ranking system get changed.  Right now it is beneath your character's kills and deaths and is confusing since it appears to be based on xp. Oh yeah, it's also a useless stat since people retire all the time.

Let's change it so:

1) Ranking is based on round wins and losses.  If you carry your team you'll win rounds at a higher rate.  Over time the elite players will stand out. 

I don't think it should be based on kdr because that is too easy to abuse and some classes simply get more kills than others.  Winning will show who truly benefits their teams the most.

2) Make it so that you can view other people's rank by clicking the number.  My epeen desires viewable rankings.

3) (pipe dream) You could expand this to see different classes of player.  This would probably require that people self report what 'class' they are, but if you could see who the top 10 most successful archers/cav/melee etc are it would be pretty cool. 

This could be in suggestion forums I guess... but I'm mostly interested in if people like how the ranking system currently is or if people would want something different.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
Re: Change Ranking System: Epeen Is Serious Business
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 09:01:40 pm »
interesting, plus 1
Just a soldier

Offline Pavel

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Posobilo
  • IRC nick: Posobilo
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 09:02:28 pm »
I propose that the ranking system get changed.  Right now it is beneath your character's kills and deaths and is confusing since it appears to be based on xp. Oh yeah, it's also a useless stat since people retire all the time.

Let's change it so:

1) Ranking is based on round wins and losses.  If you carry your team you'll win rounds at a higher rate.  Over time the elite players will stand out. 

I don't think it should be based on kdr because that is too easy to abuse and some classes simply get more kills than others.  Winning will show who truly benefits their teams the most.

2) Make it so that you can view other people's rank by clicking the number.  My epeen desires viewable rankings.

3) (pipe dream) You could expand this to see different classes of player.  This would probably require that people self report what 'class' they are, but if you could see who the top 10 most successful archers/cav/melee etc are it would be pretty cool. 

This could be in suggestion forums I guess... but I'm mostly interested in if people like how the ranking system currently is or if people would want something different.
As for me, i consider this topic useless. Does it matter how many kills/death you have made? Does the rank mean anything (only you see it)? To tell you the truth, I don't like people who carry about it. The mod and the game is made to have pleasure and fun.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 09:05:35 pm »
Ranking is useless, it means nothing in the big picture, regardless of the K/D and the wins and losses it really doesn't determine who actually is the most skilled and whatever else you would pull from a "Ranking system". Let's just delete it, I mean do many people even take much notice of it? I looked at it once when it was first added and that's it.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:05:45 pm »
DAMN, you STOLE MY IDEA, A LINK IS PROVIDED IN MY SIG FOR WEEKS ABOUT THAT  :mrgreen:

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:13 pm »
Ranking is useless, it means nothing in the big picture, regardless of the K/D and the wins and losses it really doesn't determine who actually is the most skilled and whatever else you would pull from a "Ranking system". Let's just delete it, I mean do many people even take much notice of it? I looked at it once when it was first added and that's it.

ya thats true too lol :D
Just a soldier

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 09:11:25 pm »
Leesin: I disagree.  Winning rounds is the best way to determine who is the most skilled, because they will do the little (sometimes selfless) things to win a round.  Whether it's winning through killing, or winning through assistance, or winning through commanding battles, if someone wins 2x more than the next guy over a long enough period of time they are obviously doing something right.

Yes, this paragraph is ripe for Charlie Sheen jokes.

Kafein: If something gets implemented I'll split the profitz 50/50  :mrgreen:

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345